🍁🦃November Dailly Logging and Weigh-in Challenge🏈🍂

Options

Replies

• sands4
    sands4 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    sands4 wrote: »
    Hello my names Brenda and live in Muskoka Ontario Canada 6 months and Bluffton South Carolina 6 months. Two grown children, one married and one teaching in the uk, and our 11 1/2 year old white lab Tucker. I lost 45 lbs and kept it off but it’s starting to creep. I’m committing to weighing in daily. We have company starting tomorrow for the week , not a great time to start but there never is.

Nov 05 169.6
    Nov 06 168.4
    Nov 07 167.8 yoga
    Nov 08 168.4 18 holes golf, out for dinner and to see Dave Matthews band

Welcome to the group, @sands4 ! Congrats on getting started, regardless of what's in progress - agreed that there's no great time to start. <3 Lots of great support here, you're in the right place.
    Yesterday, cleaned another bag of clothes out of my closet. Many of them still fit, but sick of the ugly, baggy looking things😒. Boy, when I get slimmer, I’m going to get some cute looking clothes.👗

I feel this comment to my bones. :D<3 May we all be wearing slimmer, hotter, cuter clothes soon!

• Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    1.168.4 <3
    2168.4 <3
    3.168.0 <3
    4.167.6 <3
    5.166.6 <3
    6.166.8 <3
    7.167.2 <3 woops! Ate a roast beef sandwich on the way to my kid's doctor! SODIUM!!!!
    8.166.6 <3
  • ManifestingToday
    ManifestingToday Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm a 50+ yo married female, 5'6", and tired of looking and feeling like I do. I’m making changes to get out of the Obese category, to look good in my clothing, and to have confidence in public again.

Heaviest Weight: 221 | Ultimate Goal Weight: 165

Nov 1: 208.3
    Nov 2: 209.3
    Nov 3: 207.8
    Nov 4: 207.0
    Nov 5: 207.7
    Nov 6: 207.8
    Nov 7: 208.3
    Nov 8: 206.1
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Today we start putting new flooring in our master bathroom. I expect chaos will abound again for at least a few days. We still have vanity countertops and painting to do. Anyway, I'll have to deal with the interruptions to my normal routine.

Week 1: 2.0 Lb Loss
    Nov 8: 187.0
  • zukppi75
    zukppi75 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Updating...
    | Day        | Weight (morning) | Total cal | Cal remaining |
    |------------|------------------|-----------|---------------|
    | Mon Nov  6 | 125.5            | 1336      | 542           |
    | Tue Nov  7 | 124.4            | 1554      | 295           |
    | Wed Nov  8 | 124.0            |           |               |

• HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Lisa. I am 57 years old, 5'5" tall and I live in Tillsonburg, Ontario. I am married with two grown sons. One son lives in town here with his girlfriend, and the other is single and lives in Zurich, Switzerland. We have a family farm supply business that I work very, very part time at, filing invoices and stuffing and mailing monthly customer statements. I damaged my knee at the end of May and by the end of June I had given up. However, losing weight would be the single greatest thing I could do to help my knees, my feet, and any other body part that is screaming at me at any given moment!!

It's time to get this weight off for good! My first goal is Onederland....again :(

30: 207.8
    31: 205.8
    1: 205.2
    2: 206.0
    3: 207.2
    4: 205.2
    5: 205.8
    6: 203.8
    7: 203.6
    8: 204.8

I fell off the wagon and into some carbs....many, many carbs. There were a few factors. Since I can identify them, I can work on them! Not enough steps to generate enough calories to make me feel satisfied, so I was already over by 6 pm and still hungry. Part of that was that I didn't have the right groceries in the house so I had consumed some empty calories. And Tuesday night is when my husband curls, so I have got to come up with a plan for being home alone in the evening!
  • ManifestingToday
    Options
    @deepwoodslady Ugh, I cried just reading your post. <3 I had a very similar vet visit once and I know at a soul level what a hard thing that is to go through. I am so sorry for your loss.
  • ManifestingToday
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I missed a day of posting, and there are so many people to respond to.
    My goal for Nov and December will be to stay on a downward trend through both months. These are typically my worst weight-gaining months. I call this the eating season. I tend to fail to the temptations during the holiday seasons. Then, when I fail, I give up and tell myself I’ll start again when the new year comes around. My hope is you will all witness the breaking of my "Eating Season" cycle this year!

Stormy, I hear you! I can usually get through Thanksgiving, but the 3 weeks leading up to the end of the year are typically the worst for me too. I hope we can both get though this without much damage.
    sands4 wrote: »
    @ManifestingToday thank you so much💕 how do I add to my post daily.?

Sands4, unfortunately there is no way to add to a post in these forums. What you will need to do is copy your previous post, paste that into a new post, and then add your next line of data. So you'll be making a new post each time you respond in the forums. The quote function pastes the entire post you're quoting, and you can edit those down to just the text you want to include. It's not really user friendly, and I'm probably not doing a great job of explaining it either. But we all had to figure this out for the first time at some point. :smile:
    I have yet another interview today. This job is not ideal, but I need something. Cancer screws up your body and your finances. Most days, I am pretty up in mood, but some days are just hard.

You are amazing. I am wishing for good things either with this interview, or for the right job arriving soon.
    Nov 6 ✔️- weight 194.6- not sure what happened. I have been careful. This is usually when I give up. I can’t give up now. I did eat 2 cookies but they were no flour peanut butter cookies. On the plus side I portioned out 2 cookies.

Weight can fluctuate for so many reasons. That's really the lesson from these threads. You can be doing everything right, but a monthly cycle, inconsistent body functions, more sodium, etc, can swing the numbers. As long as that overall trend is downward, you're doing things right. Keep going!

Welcome to the group, @ozdeelite !

• BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    Hi, All! I am a full-time chaos coordinator with a husband and four kids and a two-time cancer survivor, which means I always seem to have something on the mend. Lol. My goals this month are to manage my stress, lengthen and strengthen my muscles, and move down a decade this month. All the best to everyone on their goals this month!

01: 181.2
    02: 182.4 - Sodium I do believe.
    03: 183.0 - Gotta watch the carbs.
    04: 182.1 - Small win of not eating my usual late night after-work dinner.
    05: 182.3 - Went over calories.
    06: 181.0 - Very busy shift at work and ate way under calories.
    07: DNW - Travel
    08: 181.2 - I did well watching my calories on a traveling day.
  • andreajlnhe
    andreajlnhe Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I am a busy mother of five slowly working my way to my goal weight. During September I entered my "Normal" BMI category and am now about 10 pounds from my ultimate goal. This will be my 3rd month in this challenge. I had never weighed myself daily before this challenge, and I am finding it to be so helpful and informative to weigh and check in daily.

My goal for November is to NOT GET DERAILED BY THANKSGIVING. 🦃 🥧 😊 Let me tell you, I can really get derailed by a holiday. I may or may not log on Thanksgiving or the day after, and that's OK. But my Thanksgiving goal is to log daily from Saturday the 25th through the end of the month.

Starting weight September 1: 141.0

Starting weight November1: 132.8

Goal for November: 130.4 Considering Thanksgiving, I'm setting my goal a tad on the conservative side.

November 1: 132.8 I logged 🍁
    November 2: 132.8 I logged 🍁
    November 3: 131.4 I logged 🍁 Very happy with today's weight. Over the past week there have been several days that I ate at maintenance, and a couple days I ate well over maintenance. It was hard to tell if I was needlessly eating more, or if I really needed the additional calories. I've already got my activity level set to almost the highest one, and I haven't even gone running or done any exercise for over a week. I guess I walk constantly around the house, dealing with the children and doing housework, always on my feet, and I frequently have to do up and down the stairs to deal with something or put something away, so maybe that burns a lot sometimes. For a while there I thought I was "failing" because I could not hit my calorie goal.
    November 4: 131.0 I logged 🍁
    November 5: 130.8
    November 6: 132.2 I logged 🍁
    November 7: 131.8 I logged 🍁
    November 8: 131.4
    November 9:
  • BittersweetVita
    BittersweetVita Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady - I am so sorry for the unexpected loss of Harriet. What a lovely name.

Yes, I too have heard that it is easier to find a job when you actually have one than when you need one, @ddainiak. Lol! Thanks for the well wishes, everyone. The interview went well. I have an informal job offer that I accepted. As it is with the State, it has to receive approval which may take a while. In the meantime, I received a phone call for an interview with another job which I will take tomorrow. I feel guilty going on another interview, but both my mom and my husband said to take it, as (1) I have not been officially hired yet; (2) I do not know when that job will start and I need a job ASAP, and (3) this is the way the world is now. Thanks again for the support!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,747 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m Jill. 🥰I’m 53, 5’7” and I live in Michigan.

My goals for November🍂 :
    ⚖️Weigh- in daily
    📝Log daily
    🙆‍♀️Stretch daily

Starting weight January 1st: 224.5
    January weight lost: 7.7 pounds
    February weight lost: 5 pounds
    March weight lost: 6 pounds
    April weight lost: 6.5 pounds
    May weight lost: 2.6 pounds
    June weight lost: 1.6 pounds
    July weight lost: 1.3 pounds
    August weight lost: up 1 pound
    September weight loss: 1.8 pounds
    October weight loss: up 3.1 pounds

November
    1: 201.4
    2: 199.7 🦃
    3: 200.4
    4: 201.1
    5: 200😍
    6: 201.4
    7: 201.6
    8: 201.8

Jill 🥰
  • sands4
    sands4 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hello my names Brenda and live in Muskoka Ontario Canada 6 months and Bluffton South Carolina 6 months. Two grown children, one married and one teaching in the uk, and our 11 1/2 year old white lab Tucker. I lost 45 lbs and kept it off but it’s starting to creep. I’m committing to weighing in daily. We have company starting tomorrow for the week , not a great time to start but there never is.

Nov 05 169.6
    Nov 06 168.4
    Nov 07 167.8
    Nov 08 168.6 18 holes golf, out for dinner, Dave Matthew's concert
    Nov 09
    Nov 10
    Nov 11
    Nov 12
    Nov 13
    Nov 14
    Nov 15
    Nov 16
    Nov 17
    Nov 18
    Nov 19
    Nov 20
    Nov 21
    Nov 22
    Nov 23
    Nov 24
    Nov 25
    Nov 26
    Nov 27
    Nov 28
    Nov 29
    Nov 30
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,215 Member
    Options
    @BittersweetVita I would definitely go on the other interview - one never knows. A job with the state would be a good one - great pension possibilities. Coming from a retiree that is a godsend! Congrats - and good luck.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    @ddainiak Celebrating with you that you are no longer Obese! This is wonderful and a perfect example of hard work paying off! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 63 years old and from the Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.
    Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

Starting Weight (from Oct 31st): 181.4
    Goal: 177.4 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    ******************************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME****************************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

11/01-181.2-(Trend Weight 184.5)-

11/02-183.2-(Trend Weight 184.4)-

11/03-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/04-184.0-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/05-184.6-(Trend Weight 184.2)-

11/06-185.4-(Trend Weight 184.3)-

11/07-183.6-(Trend Weight 184.3)- ) I had to put my cat (from my deceased brother) down yesterday. It was not a good day. It was unexpected. Complete renal failure and a mass on the kidney. I also found out, based on her vet records, that she was 12 years old, not 6 years old like I thought (and was told). I am heartbroken. I will miss my Harriet. She was such a good girl. She will be cremated and returned to me.

11/08-182.6-(Trend Weight 184.1)- I added Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk for beginners yesterday from youtube. Some of it was a little rough because of my balance issues but I was careful and I hope that it will actually help that too. It was one mile in exactly 15 minutes. I was able to cast it to my TV from my PC. It’s the first time I’ve actually been able to successfully cast so I hope I can do that consistently. 15 minutes is totally doable for me most days so I am hoping that it will help me get steps and walking in during the winter. Being retired, I just don’t get my steps in enough anymore. I even hope to graduate eventually to some of her other walking videos as I improve my balance.

11/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

11/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-
  • StirredIntention
    StirredIntention Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    First week of November in the books. Off to a good start. Baby steps every day. Ha!

Nov 1: 188.6
    Nov 2: 188.2
    Nov 3: 188.0
    Nov 4: 187.8
    Nov 5: 187.2
    Nov 6: 186.8
    Nov 7: 186.6
    Week 1: 2.0 Lb Loss

Congrats! What an accomplishment!
  • StirredIntention
    Options
    @deepwoodslady I'm so sorry - Harriet was so lucky to have someone love and care for her ❤️
  • StirredIntention
    Options
    Monthly Habits:
    Log all my food 🥙
    Work out 3x/week 🏃‍♀️
    8 glasses of water💧
    Self Care Activity 🧶

Sept weightloss: 6.7 lbs
    Oct weightloss: 3.1 lbs

🍁🍂Nov Monthly goal: lose 2 pounds

1: 🥙💧
    2: 🥙🧶💧 I didn't get much sleep this night so I opted out of a work out and instead of reading a book and heading to bed early. Meal prepped a delish chicken salad and turning in for the night 💤
    3: 🥙 🧶my best friend came into town and we had martinis and went to a comedy show. Over in calories but walked the city and overall a great day ❤️
    4: 🥙🧶💧
    5: 🥙🧶🏃‍♀️ Had the best weekend and finished it up with a long walk through the park with one of my kiddos.
    6: 🥙🧶🏃‍♀️💧
    7: 🥙💧
    8:🥙💧🧶 Work has been long the last few days but I finished my last presentation this morning and am ready to relax tonight
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:
    17:
    18:
    19:
    20:
    21:
    22:
    23:
    24:
    25:
    26:
    27:
    28:
    29:
  • ozdeelite
    ozdeelite Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I’m so over losing and gaining the same 2 kgs. I’ve been trying to lose weight since August and haven’t actually lost more than a couple hundred grams. I’m over this. I will keep trying but at what point do I just concede defeat and accept being a whale 🐳?

November 1: 114.5 kgs
    November 7: 112.6 kgs
    November 8: 113 kgs
    November 9: 114.2 kgs
    November 10:
    November 11:
    November 12
    November 13:
    November 14:
    November 15:
    November 16:
    November 17: