WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,404 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in for November 13, 2023

Rita in Roswell NM – Down to 172.8 water weight finally left.

Kylia in Ohio - I am going to say that I stayed steady. my scale has been all over the place from 127.5- 129. McDonalds twice, frozen pizza, and eating out twice combined with less water and more exercise are the culprits. I know I have made the best choices at the time, so will not fret. I will continue to walk, increase water, and make the best choices I can. Heads up ladies, we've got this every day!

Lanette SW WA State – Weight is holding steady. Pants that were too tight, especially around the waist, are getting comfortable again which is what I was aiming for. Still a little ways to go, but getting back into good health habits regarding food and exercise are the bigger win.

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,525 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe’s “I’m where I want to be” positive attitude and increasing generosity.
    Thanks Ginny! Added that organic turmeric cream to my “wish list” but had to gulp a bit at the price . . . Go for the Greek, I’m toying with Hebrew ;) Yours to Carol made me laugh right out loud. Behavior change indeed!
    Rosemarie safe travels and hope the weather is surprisingly nice.
    Lisa thanks for the honey dipping caplet trick!
    Rita could you try macramé?
    Carol when you give him choices do you say “X or Y?” or is it more open ended “What would you like for dinner?” I’d get bored cooking burgers, hot dogs and spaghetti and would just cook for myself, and let him eat it… or not ;) like Barbie said.
    Flea thinking of you too! :heart:
    Heather 3 mile brisk walk? How’s the leg?
    Tracey :love: Kaitlyn’s “radio”
    Pip safe travels! Thanks for sharing your road trips, love Morro Bay.
    Rebecca sorry didn’t understand the pantry game and clearing the pantry would not be relaxing to me. . . I’d be uneasy with no long term food supply. ;{
    Hope I’d love to see a picture of your wee Westie Zoey. Show me yours and I’ll show you my Skye ;)
    Michele enjoy your TSO!
    Kylia you inspired me to get into the hot tub this afternoon and for the first time in months my right leg didn’t ache… for as long as I was in… ;}
    11/12: Move: 2 sets PT w/no extras, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8068
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=8 CI<CO net=313 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, church, play with plants. Wt:131.6
    Time to snooze so can get up and out early tomorrow for semiannual fasting labs. Will take some determination to do PT before, but know if I don’t… I won’t. :{

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

It looks like this.
    ancvf81rd0zz.png
    Its a thinking game.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,673 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate washing machines.
    Meditation: daily. 9/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 0/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    85 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,(7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 225/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)94/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 5/23. (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 46/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 10/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…”
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site.
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them.
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently.
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM

God, I offer myself to Thee
    To build with me
    and to do with me as Thou wilt.
    Relieve me of the bondage of self,
    that I may better do Thy will.
    Take away my difficulties,
    that victory over them may bear witness
    to those I would help of Thy Power,
    Thy Love, and Thy Way of life.
    May I do Thy will always!
    ]
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,936 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: Joe’s “I’m where I want to be” positive attitude and increasing generosity.
    Thanks Ginny! Added that organic turmeric cream to my “wish list” but had to gulp a bit at the price . . . Go for the Greek, I’m toying with Hebrew ;) Yours to Carol made me laugh right out loud. Behavior change indeed!
    Rosemarie safe travels and hope the weather is surprisingly nice.
    Lisa thanks for the honey dipping caplet trick!
    Rita could you try macramé?
    Carol when you give him choices do you say “X or Y?” or is it more open ended “What would you like for dinner?” I’d get bored cooking burgers, hot dogs and spaghetti and would just cook for myself, and let him eat it… or not ;) like Barbie said.
    Flea thinking of you too! :heart:
    Heather 3 mile brisk walk? How’s the leg?
    Tracey :love: Kaitlyn’s “radio”
    Pip safe travels! Thanks for sharing your road trips, love Morro Bay.
    Rebecca sorry didn’t understand the pantry game and clearing the pantry would not be relaxing to me. . . I’d be uneasy with no long term food supply. ;{
    Hope I’d love to see a picture of your wee Westie Zoey. Show me yours and I’ll show you my Skye ;)
    Michele enjoy your TSO!
    Kylia you inspired me to get into the hot tub this afternoon and for the first time in months my right leg didn’t ache… for as long as I was in… ;}
    11/12: Move: 2 sets PT w/no extras, dogs to powerline, Jeopardy walking. Steps:8068
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=8 CI<CO net=313 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, church, play with plants. Wt:131.6
    Time to snooze so can get up and out early tomorrow for semiannual fasting labs. Will take some determination to do PT before, but know if I don’t… I won’t. :{

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    November: Move more: chair yoga, line dance, dailyish PT, play with dogs.
    Fuel better: less sugar, CI<CO, dailyish vitamins.
    Live NOW: dailyish time with Joe, readings, start meditating. Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2023: Be of good cheer.

It looks like this.
    ancvf81rd0zz.png
    Its a thinking game.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa

I’ve seen that game and thought about trying it, but I already have one called 3D Match and they have a mini-game similar to that which makes me nervous/stressed trying to get the matches before the time runs out or the items make it to the end line before I can match them! So, I think I will pass. LOL

RVRita

• sh0tzz99
    sh0tzz99 Posts: 957 Member
    Options

What do you do when you give your partner choices for dinner and they just tell you it doesn't matter. This is a daily thing at my house. My DH would live on hot dogs, spaghetti, and hamburgers if he had the choice.

Carol in GA

If they are leftovers, I give him the oldest dish. If not, I make what is easiest or is the easiest cleanup. I assume if he says that, he really doesn't care.

Tina in CA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,786 Member
    Options
    Oh yes Alfie in the winter is a sweater guy..
    I got the laundry in the dryer ,dishes in the dishwasher,and all the clothes put away..
    Tracy is dropping her car off at the garage at 1:30 and then we are going out to lunch..
    We don't ever get 1 on 1 time so it will be nice.
    Put meal worms out for the birds,will take them a few days to find them.. but they will happy campers once they do.
    Well going to check on the laundry in the dryer then off to pick up Tracy.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,972 Member
    Options
    :) My mother loved variety. She loved to travel and shop. She chose her clothing every day from her three closets of clothing that she had acquired through careful shopping. She loved to cook and usually modified recipes with her own touches. She liked restaurants and sampled different things on their menus even though she had a few food intolerances and frequently paid the price for what she ate.

:) My father loved the safety of the familiar. He grew up in poverty and liked the security of having what he needed and not craving what was out of his reach. He wore similar clothing every day and would have been happy with the same food every day except that he was married to my mother, the creative cook. He said that the way to save money was to not spend it. He worked hard and was available to ful to those in need. After years in the Coast Guard, he would have been happiest staying home but he traveled to please my mother. He drove his cars until they weren't capable of being drivien or until my mother pushed him to buy a newer one. He only bought reviously owned cars, never a new one.

:) I am more like my father although I have experienced more variety throughout my life--enough to know that I prefer the familiar and routine.

:) It has been interesting to read on this thread our various inclinations toward the routine or toward variety

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,615 Member
    Options
    Someone asked ?Lannette if walking was making a difference in me? Yes!!! I am more productive and much happier!

Kylia in Ohio with 7k so far
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    Allie--Sorry to hear about your friend. I agree that would be a shock.
    Barbara--Good for Joe and the book-candy store.
    Lanette--The new system is going. Most the ER and floors still call us and I just give them the information and connect. So much easier and less stressful. Thanks for asking. Now I am dealing with the remodling going on around us. they have boxed us in with only one door out. That wasn't so bad, but the sound of the machines was a bit much. They have been promising to redo my part for a couple years. This just makes us look terrible. But I give up asking.
    Tracey--I love the radio. What a neat gift.
    Lisa--Beautiful sunset.
    All this talk about Christmas. It is my favorite time of year. I love the lights and we decorate the around the house as it makes me happy. I send out around 150-175 cards with a Christmas letter and picture. It is a time to touch family and friends that live away. To me getting cards is one of the best gifts. DH has just gotten used to it and goes along. But I try not and do anything until after Thanksgiving. I did order new Christmas PJ's this last weekend.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,121 Member
    Options
    I don't much like Christmas, but my parents do. So I get pushed into celebrating their way. It's going to be tough this year. I can see myself putting in hours in the kitchen just to have my parents take two bites and fall asleep. A friend of mine recommended Bob Evans restaurant for takeout, and I might do that instead.

My mom comes home Saturday. Just a few more things to do.

Annie in Delaware

In our area, there are a few Christmas buffets which are quite nice. You've got to book fairly early to get a table ... they are popular!

We do that or get a roast chicken from the grocery store and roast some vegetables.

Keeping it simple!

M in Oz