Goal by EOM: 125
    OGW: 123/4
    New GW: 120
    Diet: OMAD

f2fd2hxint0d.jpeg
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Just now put the collage together of the pics I took for the July & Aug challenge. I’m moving in the right direction. I’ll start maintenance in October, need to finish the September Challenge first. Then I’m going to focus on playing sports to improve my fitness.

bgcfcu9n2ixh.jpeg
  • cdennis9154
    cdennis9154 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What's up people! I've dropped 45 pounds using fasting. Longeat fast has Been 6 days water only. I typically do 24-72 hour fasts. Feed and fast again.

Last week I followed a warrior diet style fast. I like it.

This week I'll go back to prolonged fasting. Actually started my fast 30 mins ago.

Good luck fasters!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    What's up people! I've dropped 45 pounds using fasting. Longeat fast has Been 6 days water only. I typically do 24-72 hour fasts. Feed and fast again.

Last week I followed a warrior diet style fast. I like it.

This week I'll go back to prolonged fasting. Actually started my fast 30 mins ago.

Good luck fasters!

Thanks for posting! Congrats on the 45lbs that’s impressive. I’m sure you’re feeling better already. I fast until about 5 or 6pm everyday. Once that meal is over I’m back to fasting until the next day, so let’s call it a 23 hour and 30 min fast with a window of 30 minutes lol! Basically it’s called OMAD or One Meal A Day.

I’ve changed my fasts throughout the years to what works best for my needs or my family’s schedule but doing any sort of IF has been the fundamental contributor to my success. Not to mention I feel LOADS better when I keep an IF schedule. I believe I started fasting in 2017 intentionally so 6.5 years so far. Where did the time go?

Hope you’re well and love to hear how your fasts are going, and what your goals are!
  • ddsb1111
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Okay time for an Update!

Start- May 2023: 138.6 (Highest)
    June: 132.0 (Lowest)
    July: 127.4 (Lowest)
    Aug: 123.2 (Lowest)
    Current- September: 122.4 (Lowest)
    Weight loss: 16.2 lbs

Phase 2. Here’s the plan:

1. 20-30 min Pilates video 3 times per week
    2. Start maintenance Oct 3, when I get back from my trip
    3. Continue OMAD
    4. Weekly weigh-in
    5. Take measurements every week or month, haven’t decided yet which makes the most sense
    6. Take pictures to use as long term comparison

Pilates schedule
    Week 1:
    Tues Sept 12 ✅
  • ddsb1111
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Met 2nd and FINAL Goal weight!

September 17: 119.4

Start- May 2023: 138.6 (Highest)
    June: 132.0 (-6.6)
    July: 127.4 (-4.6)
    Aug: 123.2 (-4.2)
    Sept: 119.4 (-3.8) so far, not over yet
    Weight loss: 19.2 lbs

I lost 2 lbs over night so in almost 4 months I only had 2 “whooshes”. No idea if that will stick or not but technically I’ve met my goal. I didn’t think I would until either next week before the trip or by October so I’m surprised.

Mentally not ready for maintenance, just because I’m so used to this routine, but I can’t really lose much more. I need to learn maintenance at some point. I was pretty dang good at it at in the mid 130’s lol.

Here’s the last month:
    dgh3dtjl28mw.jpeg
  • ddsb1111
    edited September 2023
    Options
    8jeqbbv9b5n4.jpeg
    zysog4wtszu7.jpeg
    Measurements- Sept 14, 2023
    LA 10.5
    RA 11
    LL 21”
    RL 21.25”
    Chest 32
    Hips 33
    Waist 26
  • ddsb1111
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Update Nov 4, 2023

Vacation was really great and was able to get right back on track when I got home. Had a birthday which didn’t effect my meals or habits so no problem there. Sometime between Oct 28-Nov 3 I didn’t really weigh consistently so I had weight creep up to 124.8 which is outside of my preferred 119-122 maintenance range. So, I need to get back to consistently weighing myself which leads to a more stable diet and activity routine. I’m glad I’m holding myself accountable and changing before it gets out of hand.

I’ve had such a great month and it was a lot of fun to relax but I’m looking forward to the routine again. I used to freak out when I didn’t have routine so this shows a lot of progress for me in terms of my anxiety and finding a more comfortable balance. I give a lot of credit to my husband for that. I feel so safe and stable in my everyday life so I have less control issues because of the sense of security I feel. Just amazing how much one’s life can change when you commit to the change 100%. So, changes I’m making moving forward.

1. Weighing consistently, preferably everyday
    2. Using happy scale to determine maintenance
    3. Have an actual meal instead of snack food and calling it a meal. Cheese and crackers, potato chips, chocolate, is not a meal 😂

Plan: OMAD
    Lowest weight: 119.4
    Current weight: 124.8
    Maintenance range: 119-122
  • GenXMissusSpags
    GenXMissusSpags Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Restarting my journey this week. Just finished my first 16 hour fast. Planning on doing 16/8 for awhile until I'm more comfortable and structured and then will switch to 18/6. So far so good. My coworkers and I started a 10 week weight loss challenge and I'm bound and determined to win the pot...or at least not come in dead last. :D

5'3"
    49 year old cranky and perimenopausal
    Plan: 16/8
    Starting Weight (11/6): 214
    Today's Weight (couldn't help myself): 210
    Goal Weight: 130-140
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Restarting my journey this week. Just finished my first 16 hour fast. Planning on doing 16/8 for awhile until I'm more comfortable and structured and then will switch to 18/6. So far so good. My coworkers and I started a 10 week weight loss challenge and I'm bound and determined to win the pot...or at least not come in dead last. :D

5'3"
    49 year old cranky and perimenopausal
    Plan: 16/8
    Starting Weight (11/6): 214
    Today's Weight (couldn't help myself): 210
    Goal Weight: 130-140

Sounds like you have a really solid plan. And it’s funny, the challenge I did in July is what lead me to my goal weight when several months before I was just losing and gaining the same 5 lbs, so I totally believe in you. Feel free to check in here and keep us posted!
  • GenXMissusSpags
    Options
    @ddsb1111 Thank you so much! I ended up being the biggest loser in our weigh in on Monday. Total of 5 pounds lost last week. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and after I told her about the challenge and what I'd lost she said, "That deserves a hug!" I left the office on cloud 9. :)

Still fasting every day from 7pm to 11am (only about an hour left before I can dig in to a snack). Drinking water like it's my job and planning on going for a longer walk at work today since it's a gorgeous Fall day in Massachusetts.

Hope everyone's doing well!
  • ddsb1111
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I can feel your motivation from here, heck yeah!!! I’m stoked for you. Keep up the amazing work, and if there comes a moment where you feel super run down just know you’ve had a serious calorie deficit for awhile and might need a little something extra and that’s okay! The goal is to keep moving forward and being consistent and those food bumps from time to time are what keep us moving forward and achieving. I can’t tell you how awesome it is to hear about your success! I’m totally here for it!
  • GenXMissusSpags
    Options
    @ddsb1111 Went for a mile walk at lunch and when I was coming back, one of my coworkers who is also in the weight loss challenge saw me and said, "Stop! You're making us all look bad!" with a laugh.

I said, "I'm not trying to make you look bad..I'm trying to make myself look better!" Each day this is getting easier and easier. And I'm doing it for myself this time. Thank you for the support. It means the world to me.
  • GenXMissusSpags
    Options
    Working from home is really hard. I broke my fast at 11am but now I'm starving and don't want to keep eating but water isn't helping right now.
  • ddsb1111
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Working from home is really hard. I broke my fast at 11am but now I'm starving and don't want to keep eating but water isn't helping right now.

Remember, this is what I was explaining earlier. When things are good, they’re good. But we want to focus and commit to a LIFETYLE that will be something you can do long term. Not only when you’re dieting but during maintenance, because these are also strategies to control your weight. What are your strategies for a steady rate of loss without all the deprivation? What are you doing this time that’s different from any other failed dieting moments in your past? What makes this a lifestyle? If we can crack that code you’ll have a great, long life, of balance and harmony. We can figure this out, I’ve been there too.
  • GenXMissusSpags
    Options
    Worked from home yesterday so I couldn't weigh in with my coworkers. Just stepped on the scale and I lost another pound. I was hoping for more but as my friend says, "It's a marathon..not a sprint.." I'll take the lost pound and use it as motivation!
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Worked from home yesterday so I couldn't weigh in with my coworkers. Just stepped on the scale and I lost another pound. I was hoping for more but as my friend says, "It's a marathon..not a sprint.." I'll take the lost pound and use it as motivation!

Absolutely! You keep going in the right direction that’s huge! Awesome work.
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    Happy New Year 2024

Goals
    - Continue OMAD
    - Maintain between 118-123
    - Weigh 2+ days a week

I’ve been in maintenance since the end of September (17th?). Here an update of the last month and a half.

0ja1itz7aws8.jpeg
  • ddsb1111
    Options
    obivtleqqzco.jpeg
  • ddsb1111
    edited April 27
    Options
    I’ve been maintaining anywhere between 123-125 lbs. Had surgery March 29th and have been pretty swollen and in pain the past month so keeping a low profile. Apparently it can take up to 6 months for all swelling to go down but it’s already improved 80-90% from what I can tell.

Weighed in today and of course landed higher than I hoped, 128.4. It’s fine, it’s that TOM and just recovered this last month, it’s no problem.

I started the Fat to Fit May challenge to get moving again, put myself into a positive mind frame, and to support others for the next 5 weeks. If I had to guess I’m carrying about 4 lbs of water right now so hopefully by the end of the challenge I can lose that + an additional 2 lb= 122.4.

Doing OMAD still
    Adding tennis and golf (range)
    Weigh-in’s on Saturday

SW 128.4
    GW 122.4
    MW 122.4