What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,324 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I used to really like going up to Canada. I havent been there since right before the pandemic. I think im gonna go again in February. I love Quebec City during this time.

Go for it life’s too short.. my mothers last request is that I take her to Canada so looks like we will be there in the feb or March. Fingers crossed she makes it that long 🤞🏻

You'll get to experience our winter. February has traditionally been our month for wintry weather. Hopefully you and your mom love Canada.
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 4,019 Member
    Options
    I had en espresso & took a nap & was woken by the sound of someone else’s breathing but it’s just me & the cat & he breathes quietly
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,059 Member
    Options
    I had en espresso & took a nap & was woken by the sound of someone else’s breathing but it’s just me & the cat & he breathes quietly

🤔
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Right now I would sell my left tentacle for a lava cake with vanilla ice cream
  • HungryCatapillar23
    Options
    I used to really like going up to Canada. I havent been there since right before the pandemic. I think im gonna go again in February. I love Quebec City during this time.

Go for it life’s too short.. my mothers last request is that I take her to Canada so looks like we will be there in the feb or March. Fingers crossed she makes it that long 🤞🏻

You'll get to experience our winter. February has traditionally been our month for wintry weather. Hopefully you and your mom love Canada.

Oh damn.. she’s better off it not being wintery weather .. I’ll have to find another time and boat 🙄 thanks Ali can’t figure out how to send friends request these days or I’d have added some 🤔
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Oh damn.. she’s better off it not being wintery weather .. I’ll have to find another time and boat 🙄 thanks Ali can’t figure out how to send friends request these days or I’d have added some 🤔

Are to going to do a cruise to like Quebec City and the Maritimes? Or are you doing a transatlantic? March can be nice here. But the weather is so iffy these last few years. February generally isn't great. Most Canadians plan to hibernate for February just because traditionally it's been bad. I mean if you're going to Vancouver it should be good maybe rainy I guess but it's always rainy there 😂
  • Cat0703a
    Cat0703a Posts: 17,551 Member
    Options

Are to going to do a cruise to like Quebec City and the Maritimes? Or are you doing a transatlantic? March can be nice here. But the weather is so iffy these last few years. February generally isn't great. Most Canadians plan to hibernate for February just because traditionally it's been bad. I mean if you're going to Vancouver it should be good maybe rainy I guess but it's always rainy there 😂

Well the last few years, we’ve had less rain and unfortunately it now snows here in February too. We probably bragged too much about our cherry blossoms and flower gardens. 😬

~signed Vancouver’s neighbour
  • Alinouveau2
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Cat0703a wrote: »

Well the last few years, we’ve had less rain and unfortunately it now snows here in February too. We probably bragged too much about our cherry blossoms and flower gardens. 😬

~signed Vancouver’s neighbour

I remember years and years ago some friends from he west coast were at a skating Competition and there was snow flurries and they refused to drive because of the snow. We all were like but it's just flurries that's not real snow. Heck I just took my boy to swim and we had flurries guess I need to get my snow tires put on
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    A fitness coach at one of my local gyms broke the world record for doing 9,229 pulls ups in 24 hours 😱 The man is truly remarkable.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Is it “game worn jersey” or “game-worn jersey”
    ????????????
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,181 Member
    Options
    There’s this man in town that most know as Cigarette Man. When we were kids he would always tell us to give him a quarter for cigarettes. Idk, I guess if he got a few quarters he could buy single ones. I heard the reason he has mental health struggles, and it’s horrific if true. Last time I saw him was years ago at one of the community centers one of my kids used to practice at. I look at my second born son..laying on the bleachers. As one does. And I look farther down and I see Cigarette Man also laying on the bleachers. Somehow it felt full circle. My son and Cigarette Man…resting on the bleachers. I haven’t seen him since. I hope he’s ok. His real name is Sherman.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I am tired in my whole body and have been for days. I’m not otherwise unwell. Strange
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,208 Member
    Options
    I am tired in my whole body and have been for days. I’m not otherwise unwell. Strange

May need to take a few does out of the gym, full body massage and stretching. It may help 🤷‍♂️
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

May need to take a few does out of the gym, full body massage and stretching. It may help 🤷‍♂️

Thank you. ❤️

I took off for the weekend. I’m heading back this afternoon & if all i can do is mobility work, at least I’ll keep my habit. I’m trying not to break the weekday chain.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,988 Member
    Options
    I wish I didn’t need to go to the grocery store to buy the Thanksgiving dressing ingredients but I am so thankful that’s all I have to cook!
    After multiple decades of cooking the entire meal myself I am so relieved to pass the chore to my daughter in law.
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options

Thank you. ❤️

I took off for the weekend. I’m heading back this afternoon & if all i can do is mobility work, at least I’ll keep my habit. I’m trying not to break the weekday chain.

I understand and I hope it works for ya. I need to find a similar solution for my hamstrings. They get so freaking tight.
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I wish I didn’t need to go to the grocery store to buy the Thanksgiving dressing ingredients but I am so thankful that’s all I have to cook!
    After multiple decades of cooking the entire meal myself I am so relieved to pass the chore to my daughter in law.

I’m doing bbq this year - no one really likes turkey - so I’ll do a brisket - ham - ribs - and bbq sides - baked beans - Mac cheese - potato salad - but will of course keep tradition with all the pie and what not
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    I miss how people used to stop by my grandmother’s house for a chat. Her brother. Her in-laws. A neighbor from a few blocks over. Someone from church.

Maybe they’d bring a cake. She’d put on a pot of coffee. Sometimes there was a reason. Sometimes they were in the neighborhood after grocery shopping or running errands. They’d stay for an hour & share news.

My life is not set up this way. I would probably hate it, but is a golden memory.

My grandma did similar with her friends - my mom still did while she was working - I never stop by to just say hi to anyone- I think this is another outcome of social media - we see what everyone is doing anyway - and maybe too much of what they are doing - idk
  • kinetixtrainer2
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

I’m doing bbq this year - no one really likes turkey - so I’ll do a brisket - ham - ribs - and bbq sides - baked beans - Mac cheese - potato salad - but will of course keep tradition with all the pie and what not

I’m coming over Rob 😁