Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,257 Member
    Options
    Annie - My thoughts are with you. It sounds as if there is support around you. Lean on it. Sending big HUGS.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,203 Member
    Options
    Machka: Sage words. Families are weird, so accepting the weirdness, and working round it works for me. Celebrate our quirky eccentricity.

(((Annie))) Care giving is a hard, stony road. But you are stronger than you think. Lean on your army. They have broad shoulders.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,415 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Cat on my lap giving me the stink eye, purring gently, and reaching up occasionally to pat my chin. If that doesn't derail your thought when you're writing on a keyboard, then you're just not paying attention.

My most peaceful morning hours are right now, when I wake up at 5 and Corey doesn't get up until 6 or 7. He rolled himself up like a burrito and took all the covers and that's what woke me up, but I usually wake up at this time anyway.

The top couple of pounds that jumped on my bohonking backside on Thanksgiving morning have receded, which I appreciate. The other two that hitched a ride with them since Monday will hopefully be departing today or tomorrow. Four pounds for me these days is noticeable... when I weighed 300, it was hard to notice that kind of change, but at 150, it really makes you feel like ca-ca.

No real plans for today... tomorrow, they're delivering the windows for the sunroom and Corey will be working on getting those put in. Hopefully, I can help him a bit with those. The guy should also be here tomorrow to give him a bid for shingling the roof. It was supposed to rain last night, but should be dry this week until Thursday. This is NOT a big job for experienced men, seriously only a few hours with a couple guys up there, so I'm really hoping this can be done this week. We'll see.

Yesterday, he was apologizing to me because he went in and cooked breakfast and got my newly cleaned kitchen a little dirty. I had to try to help him understand that it really doesn't annoy me when I clean the stovetop and then he goes in and cooks bacon or sausage and gets it schmutzy again. It's like laundry. It's just never done. You're not going to go around ripping clothes off people to get them clean, or taking the sheets off the bed while they're in it. Laundry is never, ever done. Neither is any other kind of cleaning, not really. Getting cranky about someone getting things dirty again is just silly. Cleaning is my part of our partnership these days. He goes and works hard, and I spend a small amount of my time cleaning, and the rest of the time I do whatever else I want to, which is a huge gift! Cleaning is a very small price to pay to be able to have that kind of freedom. Plus, he's the kind of person who cleans up after himself anyway. Not the stovetop, admittedly, but he gets dinner dishes in the dishwasher nearly every night. And that's after he cooks dinner. Who doesn't love that?

Ah, Egg has extricated herself from the space between me and the laptop table and is lying on my mousepad instead. And purring. Time for a book and more coffee.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Woke up thinking about you, Annie. Hope you were able to sleep, and that there's better news this morning at the hospital.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,058 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Thank you Machka, Ginny, Terri, and Heather! You are all part of my thoughts every day, and your support feels very comforting.

Evelyn that's beautiful. I tried to knit a full circle shawl once, and it wasn't anywhere close to being flat. Such a shame as it was my ex husband's hand spun Shetland wool in a natural creamy brown. Yours shows much more skill!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Annie - wow, what a day. Glad your mom is back in the hospital where she can be monitored and they can do the testing and evaluation. So glad you have your support team and your sis is coming. And that Teddy was close for your mom. <3 Hugs to you and your family as you move through all of this.

Ginny - hope the new doctor has some insight and your arthritis calms down. Please remind us - I think you are winding down at your job in preparation for retirement, right? Were you going to work part-time for a while?

Rosemarie - I don't think I have ADHD but when you mentioned fondue, the first thing I thought of was chocolate drips too. :p I'd probably go for the presliced apples if they are available. There are some apples that don't brown quickly, can't think of what they are right now, still, they'd likely need the lemon juice bath. Sounds like a nice group of gals and it's neat they thought to invite you. Good job on the decluttering. Your husband was a special guy. <3

Hope you can find someone to help you get those boxes moved without charging an arm and a leg! Thanks for mentioning putting up command hooks for wreathes yesterday, I attached one to the house between the garage doors and hung up a Christmasy dollar tree sign. Don't think I'm spending $$ for fresh wreathes this year. Maybe a little swag if the lady down the road has some for sale again.

Kylia- sorry about your daughter. :( Glad your other one is so loving and helpful.

Evie - fabulous crocheting. Crocheting decorative items like that is becoming a lost art.

Tracey - I saw that video on FB a couple days ago. How sweet of the little gal to take Grandma out for a ride in the old Chevy. Reminded me so much of my mom in her final year. :)

Margaret - I agree, I'm suspicious of what they are putting in the de-icers. Some of them are hard on concrete, our sidewalk from the house to the shop is pitted here and there, maybe that's why my DH only used it once.

Lisa - thank you for asking about the chickadees. They don't like the cold weather much - they aren't happy with their regular food I lovingly prepare and prefer to eat scratch - cracked corn, oats, barley. They probably need the heat from the corn. Egg production off, not a surprise with the shorter days. The picture of Egg takes me back to the hand-knitted and crocheted items I used to make that had cat hair included in them, lol. If you can figure out a way to clone Corey, I'd be glad to beta-test the result, lol. Pip, same goes for Kirby!

Betsy- sorry to hear about your leg. That burst blood vessel must have been a doozy, glad it's getting better.

Michele - I bet the dogs will work out just fine when the kids come. What kind are they again?

It was so chilly in the house yesterday morning, I lit a fire in the woodstove. The weather looks like a repeat today - foggy and staying under 32F until late morning with the highs in the low 40's. The sun came out late yesterday morning but didn't have a chance to warm things up much.

Getting ready to light another one.

Secrets - I have a couple I'll divulge before I die, or maybe I won't. One of the parties involved died a few years ago and I'm waiting for another one to kick the bucket. That's all I'm saying for now. Mostly good memories, too. ;) Nothing involving murder, kidnapping, bank robbery, etc. That reminds me.....

Barbie - the newest Richard Osman book is out and available at the library. "The Last Devil to Die," another Thursday Murder Club one. Hope to pick it up on Tuesday. Thanks for introducing that series! Hope the dog & human training is going well. :p

Reminder to the ladies to get me "check-in" info if you want to be included in tomorrow's post. :)

Make it a fabulous day!

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,060 Member
    Options
    (((Annie)))

Lanette yes deicer are hard on concrete you can see the ones who over use. Their concrete is pitted. If you see salt granules on the concrete after use that is too much and needs to be swept up. We had a great snow shovel that gets down to the concrete so I am able to use a lot less salt. Sometimes it is choice between safety and wear and tear on concrete.
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    <3
    Betsy in NW WA
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    2023 New Ways November

Word of the Year: appreciate—Today I appreciate my coffee.
    Meditation: daily. 18/30 (82%(started Feb)(94%,100%, 74%, 93%,100%,100%)

Recommended exercise: cardio 5 days 30 min 15/23
    Strength all muscles 2 x 0/8 a week
    Flexible (yoga, stretching) /8 a week 10 min
    Balance 5 days 10 min /20

1. cut back drinking and limit to 2 days a week. 0/8–(300%,100%,100%,100%).
    96 days SOBER!
    2. Average 7,000 steps a week. 6521,6471,5327, (7,700,100%-9851,100%-9526,100%-9,559,100%, -8347,100%—7465,100%—6328,90%—6059,87%—6458,92%,-6847,98%)
    3. Update budget every 2 weeks 1/2 (10,00%)
    4. Contact close family every week (4x) 220/208—(733%,100% My mom called me for a change.)
    5. Contact Donat and sibs once a month (8x)98/96 100%)
    6. Weigh less last day of month compared to first until I reach 140. Start at 178.6,176,174.2,173.4,175.4,174,175.6,173.4, 172.2, 173.2 (600%)
    7. Develop a journaling practice by aiming to journal at least 5 days a week. 15/23. (681%,100,100)
    8. Read 12 books at least this year. 47/12
    (100%)
    9. Pay off credit card debt by January 2024 by making monthly payments to NDR/Reach Financial 11/12—(100%)
    10. Continue building emergency fund at SLFCU (min$25 a month)$25+$25+$71+700+25+25 +25+25 (100%) I put the money in, but end up taking it out.
    11. April started putting 4% on income in savings. 700,200,200, 107, 157,0,0,0
    500%) This has stopped. Spending too much.

January Met —100%
    February met —-90%
    March met met —-90%
    April met——86.36%
    May met——-89%
    June met—-99%
    July met — met 81%
    August met—met 99%
    September met——99%
    October met —90.7%
    November met—
    December met—

1. Make a list of new things you want to do this month. 1. Start Christmas shopping, 2. Work on my happiness, 3. Walk the mall at least once. 4. Read a new book
    2. Respond to a difficult situation in a different way. I will see what comes up, but the daily readings I do have helped a lot already! Did this!
    3. Get outside and observe the changes in nature around you..Supposed to be in the low 80’s (f) here today and the week to come so will have plenty of time to do this. Didn’t do this today, sick.
    4. Sign up to join a new course, activity, or online community. I’ll have to look around for this. Thinking about something to do with MCC. I joined 2 new groups on FB.
    5. Change your normal routine today and notice how you feel. Will do!
    6. Try out a new way of being physically active. I will have to think about this. Maybe do a YouTube video. Did not do this.
    7. Be creative. Cook, draw, write, paint, make or inspire. I will Zendoodle. I tried out my DH’s suggestion for mirror letters.
    8. Plan a new idea or activity you want to try out this year. I have a water color set. I will experiment with that.
    9. When you feel you can’t do something, add the word ‘yet’. I need to remember this.
    10. Be curious, learn about a new topic or an inspiring idea. I learned about Alonon and downloaded their app and read through it.
    11. Choose a different route and see what you notice on the way. I did this on my walk today.
    12. Find out something new about someone you care about. Research time!
    13. Do something playful outdoors - walk, run, explore, relax. Took a walk.
    14. Find a new way to help or support a cause you care about. Have to think about this.
    15. Build on new ideas by thinking “yes, and what if…” I will remember this!
    16. Look at life at someone else’s eyes and see their perspective. According to my therapist, this is called empathy. I do this but not enough. Will try to do better.
    17. Try a new way to practice self-care and be kind to yourself. Staying in bed and resting today.
    18. Connect with someone from a different generation. I do this most days at the park.
    19. Broaden your perspective: read a different paper, magazine, or site. Will do!
    20. Make a meal using a recipe or ingredient you haven’t used before. My DH does this all the time! He does all the cooking.
    21. Learn a new skill from a friend or share one of yours with them. Hmmmm Did not do this.
    22. Find a new way to tell someone you appreciate them. I will!
    23. Set aside a time to pursue an activity with your love.
    24. Share with a friend something useful you learned recently. I do this on MFP
    25. Use one of your strengths in a new and creative way. I will need to think about this.
    26. Try out a different radio station or new TV show.
    27. Join a friend doing a hobby and find out why they love it.
    28. Discover your creative side. Design a friendly greeting card.
    29. Enjoy new music today. Play, sing, dance or listen.
    30. Look for new reasons to be hopeful, even in tough times.

RVRita in Roswell, NM
    ]

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,577 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,357 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to WalMart then to CVS to get a prescription. I also got 2 tubes of toothpaste and after my coupons, I paid $1.40

Evelyn – OMG! My grandmother made the exact same thing! A pin cushion, right? I remember she stuffed hers with hair from a brush. Well, the oils in the hair do help the pins. And, this was during the depression so NOTHING went to waste – not even hairs in a brush!!!

Ginny – Denise lives about 7 hours from Jess. I know that Jess invited Denise a few weeks ago. Sad to say, but since PJ has been born, I don’t think she’s ever gone away overnight. He hasn’t been further than Philly. Denise lives in Delaware, and Philly is probably about an hour to an hour and a half from her. I’ll invite her to christmas Eve dinner, but I know that she won’t come. Our dinner will be on the 23rd since Jess and Colby are flying to Idaho on the 24th. So, technically, if Denise wanted to she could be here for our Christmas Eve and drive back on the 24th to spend Christmas Eve with Pete’s family. But I know that she won’t. She could have gone to her sister’s graduation, Pete was home to take care of PJ. But she didn’t because she felt she needed to be there for PJ’s third birthday. Only she had the party a week later. Colby’s mother flew out to Iowa, members of his family sent her gifts, her friends sent her gifts, her own sister didn’t even text a “congratulations”

Lisa – I was amazed at how fast the roofers did our roof. We were fully expecting that it would take them one day to do the house roof (2500 sq ft) and one day for the roof for the detached garage. It only took them one day to do both

Lanette – I’m really not sure of the breed of dogs that Jess has. They were at NC State for testing and after the testing was over they got the dogs. The one she has has some sort of eye problem. He can’t see well. He does get carsick so we’re wondering if it has something to do with the fact that he can’t see well so the movement and seeing things rushing by him is what bothers him. But on the whole, he’s a very good dog. They remind you of the Bumkuses dogs on “Christmas Story”

Vince is experiencing some aFib right now. I’m sure it’ll go away soon. I’ll get dinner ready then if it goes away, I’ll go for a walk. This afternoon we’re supposed to go to a memorial for a neighbor of ours. If he can’t go, maybe I will, depending on how he’s feeling.

Does anyone know if there is a way to prevent frost from your car window? I’m soooo hating this not being able to park my car in the garage stuff.

Flea - Jess invited Denise weeks ago, Denise just never responded that she couldn't make it. This is very typical for her.

Michele NC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    Flea - I followed the link and got to the realtor and he has a collection of open listings, but wasn't sure which was yours..... maybe I missed something.

Kim