NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Options

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,237 Member
    Options
    @fabgeekmom squash and rice sounds good. Bravo on your Peleton sessions.

@cbabie We get a new refresh every day. Can't wait for the new year. Because we all know that excitement/motivation lasts for about 4-6 weeks and then it's back to old habits and routines. We just have to figure out how to do the habits we are trying to build TODAY. Mine today is stretching. I really haven't stretched since I got back home. So I'm trying habit stacking to deal with this. Plus using the Way of Life app to track my habits.

@gemwolf110 Thank you for the recipe.

@trooworld I'm glad you have done your research. At the end of the day you have to live with the outcome. My sister in law and two friends have done it. All three have had complications. We are here to support you along your journey. I usually read the books in one week. Because I'll forget the details because I'm also reading two other books at the same time. One for pleasure and then one for my bookclub I'm in with my son.

I did aerobics for 20 min today. Then started having sharp pains along the left side of my back. So I stopped. Off to do some stretching.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,005 Member
    Options
    1wzetkr05gtw.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Thank you so much! Will do.

@theslightedgeforever Yes indeed. I will ask the surgeon how often people have complications, thanks for that info. And thanks for your support. That's great you can read a book in a week. I've been reading "Young Mungo" since May 15 2023. It's a great book but I hardly have time to read any books, I mostly listen to books. That's really cool that you are in a book club with your son. Yay for your effort with the aerobics, I'm sorry about the sharp pains. Did they stop with the stretching?

Hi all! Merry Christmas to you. We are going over to my BIL's apartment later and my SIL and MIL will be there as well. I have to make a charcuterie board...went to Trader Joe's yesterday to get the stuff for it. It was NUTS there. Even the parking lot was annoying. I'll never go to TJ's on a holiday weekend again. My husband is making his lasagna: homemade pasta, and sauce from roasted Roma tomatoes. It should be nice. Have a great Christmas Eve! It feels like it should be Christmas today.

Water yesterday: 20 oz

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Past WW member who did very well with becoming healthy and losing weight. But past 3 years can't seen to get back focused amd I've went back 100% to my old habits and extreme weight gain. Hoping with a support group can get back with it!
  • fabgeekmom
    fabgeekmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    @lindamartin27 Welcome to our group! I joined MFP last March after my doctor recommended it. I was a lifetime member and was following the plan but still gaining. I think it was all those 0 point foods! I have lost about 10 pounds and now am in a healthy BMI. @theslightestedgeforever Sorry about having pains while exercising. It was smart to stop. I love reading, too. @trooworld I was at TJ’s a week ago and it was crazy then! The lasagna sounds yummy. Hi, all. I had fun decorating cookies yesterday. My goulash was good. My husband and granddaughter had seconds and they don’t normally do that. The biscuits were good and I surprised myself by only eating half. I was full from the goulash. Tonight we go to my daughter’s house. Merry Christmas, everyone!
  • Neds1980
    Neds1980 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @lindamartin27 I need to start asap too! I did well on WW years ago, but I am really struggling at the moment and am gaining quite a bit lately. I usually love walking but haven't been going out lately. Need to get motivated. I am hoping this group will give me the accountability I need! Good luck everyone. Have a lovely Christmas
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @Neds1980 Welcome! You can do this! I find tracking calories and macros is easier than doing points!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    xrwc9o116b2t.png
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group @lindamartin27 and @Neds1980 !
  • trooworld
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @lindamartin27 Hi and welcome to our group! I'm a past WWer too. This group is very supportive. I look forward to getting to know you!

@fabgeekmom Yeah it was bananas. YUM goulash!!! Merry Christmas to you as well, enjoy family time!

@Neds1980 Hi and welcome! I look forward to learning more about your journey.

Hi all. Merry Christmas! We celebrated yesterday with family. It was really nice. The lasagna was really good as was my charcuterie board that I made. I am attaching a picture of that. Today, I'm not doing much: just crafting and relaxing. Enjoy your day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

ob138c6bx1ex.jpg
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld The charcuterie board looks really nice. I’m glad you enjoyed the lasagna. Hi, all. The meal at my daughter’s house was nice and I ate a moderate amount. This afternoon we are having my cousin, her husband, my daughter, her husband and my granddaughter over for dinner. My son is cooking a big meal. A lot of food! I will try to be moderate but enjoy everything.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    esnsy35e98k4.gif
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom Thank you! I'm glad you enjoyed your meal as well. I hope the dinner went well!

@theslightedgeforever Right back at you!

Hi all. As promised, I didn't do anything but crafting yesterday. It was fun. I am off today as well. I don't know what I will do, I have no plans. Maybe read. Have a great day!

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you had good day yesterday. Enjoy your day off. Hi, all. Yesterday was nice. Good food and family time. I have a doctor’s appointment this morning. I dread getting on the scale. I hadn’t anticipated weighing the day after Christmas. The appointment is routine so I am not feeling bad. Just something I have to keep check on. After the appointment I’m going to the recreation center to do the elliptical. Dinner tonight is leftovers.
  • theslightedgeforever
    Options
    Well I got on the scale today. Same thing it has registered since at least the 18th. I've looked here and there and it doesn't budge an oz. I guess silver lining is that it didn't go up. But since I'm not at goal, I can't sit here for ever. So I'm going to go back to my F1 analogy and think of my points as lap times. I will start with my snacks and reduce my weekly average. That way I will be apt to grab more f&v, reduce my iced coffees from a large to medium, trying to think of other ways to shave off a point here and there. Reduce portion sizes

I hope everyone had good holidays. Don't wait until the first of the year to eat healthier.

@trooworld I love days with nothing planned. I haven't had the sharp pains again but I'm hoping the stretching will help my plantar fasciitis. It's flared up again. I hate the first thing in the morning when I get out of bed. Hobbling across the room to turn off my alarm. I love the charcuterie board. That's the thing I miss about counting carbs. I could just go to parties and eat all the meats and cheese I wanted.

@fabgeekmom I always have a routine eye appointment around this time every year. I had shingles close to my eye so we just keep a watch on it.

@lindamartin27 Welcome to the group! I've switched back to using points (bites) but I'm using Healthi app. I'm doing Carb Conscious there because I'm prediabetic. But I'm basically following the WWBlue plan. Just trying to fit more f&v into my plan.

@Neds1980 Welcome to the group! Read my post to linda ABOVE. Can you do an indoor walking program like Leslie Sansone from YouTube? I don't know how the weather is where you live. I can't seem to get both food and exercise going at the same time. It's been either one or the other. Frustrating!

@gemwolf110 Waving at you. Enjoy the school break. Do something fun for yourself.

I made an apple cauliflower salad. Dh really liked it. He thinks I just make these things up in my head. :D

• trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I'm glad you enjoyed the family time. Good luck with the doctor appt.

@theslightedgeforever I'd say making it through Christmas with no gain is a win! I've got plantar fasciitis right now as well. I saw some YouTube videos that claim it can be cured with frequent stretching. I always forget to stretch once I get started with my day. I hate the first thing in the morning as well, it's so painful. Thanks. That's an interesting salad. LOL, you do make things up in your head just not that salad! :P

Hi all. Yesterday, I made more crafts and took a long nap with my dogs. I've been making a lot of bookmarks with plans to sell them. That's one thing I miss about reading mostly ebooks and listening to audiobooks: I miss using cute and cool bookmarks. I still read some physical books though. Today, I have to go to work.

• fabgeekmom
    Options
    @trooworld I’m glad you had a good day. I agree, no gain after a holiday is good. Hi, all. My doctor’s appointment went well. I actually weighed the same as I did 3 months ago and am in a healthy BMI. I got carried away with leftovers last night. Tonight is our last night of eating them and tomorrow I get back to healthy meals. I’m going to freeze the ham and microwave it for New Year’s Day.
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @trooworld My salads have been from pinterest this week. My latest one was a Greek chickpea salad. I loved the apple cauliflower salad. It was like a Waldorf salad. It had some raisins and some shelled pistachios in it along with some feta and a really nice dressing I made for it. It was supposed to have some broccoli but I was out. Oh I added red onion slices.

@fabgeekmom Yaaay on not gaining from 3 months ago. Now that you are in a healthy BMI range, do you feel like your body is in maintenance mode? Plus how do you feel about that. I've always read the ones that keep it off are the ones that slide into goal. Their lifestyle will sustain them.

I decided to jump on the scale and yep, same number exactly. lol I was thinking maybe even a .2 gain or something. Nope. Same number. Now I'm wondering if it's broken. lol I need to have dh step on and off just to get a different number and then I'll try on Monday.

@cbabie Where are you? Are you in a bday cake coma?
  • fabgeekmom
    Options
    @theslightedgeforever I feel pretty good but can’t shake the feeling that I should drop a few pounds. My clothes fit. Nothing is tight. I really don’t like feeling out of control and holidays with all the foods available makes it hard. I’ll feel better after the holidays even though there always are challenges.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @fabgeekmom I'm glad your doctor's appt went well. That's awesome!

@theslightedgeforever You can find a lot of good recipes on Pinterest. I love those Greek chickpea-type salads. I hope your scale is not broken. Good question about @cbabie, I was just wondering where she was lol.

Hi all. Being at work yesterday was excruciating: not many people were there and my husband was texting me from the zoo and home and I was just so jealous lol. I did get some things done that I had been meaning to get done, so that's good. I have to work today as well. Tomorrow, I work from home. I made a buckwheat recipe last night: https://momsdish.com/recipe/75/buckwheat-mushrooms I subbed beef broth out for the water and added about 1/4-1/2 tsp of dried thyme. I didn't add the green onions. I used half cremini and half button mushrooms. It was really good. I had never had buckwheat before. I got a package from the international store and wanted to try it. I'm glad I did: it's good to try new things. I made some chicken breasts and steamed cauliflower with it.

Water yesterday: 50 oz