What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    How is detachment different from apathy?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Christmas cinnamon buns usahd57wh0h9.jpg

We had some too

l4tx8la5bzv0.jpeg
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

I'm gonna need your frosting recipe. I made some but wasn't too crazy about the frosting
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

We had some too

l4tx8la5bzv0.jpeg

Oh hey, me too!

2308r30g5ttn.jpg
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,221 Member
    Options

I'm gonna need your frosting recipe. I made some but wasn't too crazy about the frosting

This isn't the one I used and it makes a lot but it's super good with the hint of orange, you can eliminate it for cinnamon buns. But this frosting had my wanting to eat it with a spoon like pudding
    https://www.canadianliving.com/food/baking-and-desserts/recipe/clementine-cream-cheese-icing
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

We had some too

l4tx8la5bzv0.jpeg

Oh hey, me too!

2308r30g5ttn.jpg

It was a cinnamon bun kinda Christmas!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,598 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna need to taste test every one of those.

And anything else y'all made.

And maybe be adopted by @Alinouveau2 cuz C'MON!!!!
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    I have a pulled muscle in my ribs/chest area from coughing. The recommendation is rest but I’ve had my *kitten* fill of rest this month. I’m going to the gym for mental health reasons and because I’m afraid I’ll lose momentum. Does anyone want to recommend a gentle stretching or strictly lower body routine for me? I’ll be at the gym in about 45 minutes.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    I have a pulled muscle in my ribs/chest area from coughing. The recommendation is rest but I’ve had my *kitten* fill of rest this month. I’m going to the gym for mental health reasons and because I’m afraid I’ll lose momentum. Does anyone want to recommend a gentle stretching or strictly lower body routine for me? I’ll be at the gym in about 45 minutes.

Dang it! Sorry you have to deal with this. Is your gym well equipped with machines? This would be a good time to use them and take all the stress of the upper body.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,038 Member
    Options
    PRP🤔

My knee😫
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Oh no that's painful. Hope you feel better soon
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I'm gonna need to taste test every one of those.

And anything else y'all made.

And maybe be adopted by @Alinouveau2 cuz C'MON!!!!

bbzn79gaaakm.jpg

There were danishes too and then the cookie plate which was kinda tasty too
  • itchmyTwitch
    edited December 2023
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »

Dang it! Sorry you have to deal with this. Is your gym well equipped with machines? This would be a good time to use them and take all the stress of the upper body.

Thank you

I did a bad bad thing. I took some OTC meds and did some back squats. It was kind of light and I didn’t feel it in my pulled muscle but I probably should not have done that. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Tbh it’s worse when I gag on my toothbrush, trying to get the back of my tongue clean because it’s important to Rob

My gym is very light on machines, but I did use this today. I got a little sweat going and my mood is somewhat boosted.
    huehc88zk1k5.jpeg
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options

Thank you

I did a bad bad thing. I took some OTC meds and did some back squats. It was kind of light and I didn’t feel it in my pulled muscle but I probably should not have done that. I’ll let you know tomorrow.

Tbh it’s worse when I gag on my toothbrush, trying to get the back of my tongue clean because it’s important to Rob

My gym is very light on machines, but I did use this today. I got a little sweat going and my mood is somewhat boosted.
    huehc88zk1k5.jpeg

Well, no gag joke coming from over here. Nope. Noooo way.

What kind of lift do you do on that machine?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

Thank you

huehc88zk1k5.jpeg

Well, no gag joke coming from over here. Nope. Noooo way.

What kind of lift do you do on that machine?
    Good boy
    That’s where I practice escaping from zombies
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I am not sure how to word this. I am new here for perhaps the fifth time. Honestly I have never really succeeded at anything. I managed to lose a lot of weight never getting really close to goal weight always shy by at least 50 to 75 only to regain anywhere from 20 to 50 pounds back. Then I have to restart. This time I have gained around 15 to 20 pounds back.

Here is the issue both my older brother and I have struggled with our weight for many many years. We have 3 normal sized siblings. Well he was going to have knee surgery but needed to lose weight and is doing great has lost over 50 pounds, not going to have knee surgery but is continuing his weight loss journey and has a huge patio to walk around and is now averaging between 15000 to 20000 steps a day. I know I should be happy for him and I seriously am trying to be but when I look at myself I see myself working hard to lose weight and just failing again when I get to a certain point. Not only that he is pretty well off and plans to get plastic surgery and lipo after and like I said has a big house, yard and all kinds of exercise equipment, At times I feel resentful. I live in a condo. I walk my dog a lot and that is how I lost weight last time. I have horrible a weak ankle though and sometimes it causes me a lot of pain but I would still try and walk. I don’t know if it is something I can continue long term.

I wish I could explain how I feel better. This post I know makes me sound petty, shallow resentful I know that. I just have nobody to talk to about this. I am 60 years old lost a ton of weight only to regain it my whole life. It seems like others can break habits and I can’t I still bite my fingernails something I have been doing as long as I remember. I had years of therapy. It seems like nothing works. A part of me thinks I should just accept that this is how it is going to be but I am not a quitter so I keep trying. If you got this part and read this kitty post I thank you
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    lois1231 wrote: »
    I am not sure how to word this. I am new here for perhaps the fifth time. Honestly I have never really succeeded at anything. I managed to lose a lot of weight never getting really close to goal weight always shy by at least 50 to 75 only to regain anywhere from 20 to 50 pounds back. Then I have to restart. This time I have gained around 15 to 20 pounds back.

Here is the issue both my older brother and I have struggled with our weight for many many years. We have 3 normal sized siblings. Well he was going to have knee surgery but needed to lose weight and is doing great has lost over 50 pounds, not going to have knee surgery but is continuing his weight loss journey and has a huge patio to walk around and is now averaging between 15000 to 20000 steps a day. I know I should be happy for him and I seriously am trying to be but when I look at myself I see myself working hard to lose weight and just failing again when I get to a certain point. Not only that he is pretty well off and plans to get plastic surgery and lipo after and like I said has a big house, yard and all kinds of exercise equipment, At times I feel resentful. I live in a condo. I walk my dog a lot and that is how I lost weight last time. I have horrible a weak ankle though and sometimes it causes me a lot of pain but I would still try and walk. I don’t know if it is something I can continue long term.

I wish I could explain how I feel better. This post I know makes me sound petty, shallow resentful I know that. I just have nobody to talk to about this. I am 60 years old lost a ton of weight only to regain it my whole life. It seems like others can break habits and I can’t I still bite my fingernails something I have been doing as long as I remember. I had years of therapy. It seems like nothing works. A part of me thinks I should just accept that this is how it is going to be but I am not a quitter so I keep trying. If you got this part and read this kitty post I thank you

I don’t think it makes you sound petty. I think you probably are pretty happy for him. Just try not to fall into bitterness and the “it must be nice“ mentality.

I think envy can be useful in that it is an indicator of what you want and how you should probably try to direct your steps. Figure out what works for you. There are some things that obviously worked for you in the past and some things that did not. I think you’re pretty well positioned to have a phenomenal success.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My 14-year-old and I both got cordless drills for Christmas. I just used mine to scrub the bathtub. Works like a charm.
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,592 Member
    Options
    lois1231 wrote: »

In my opinion, first you can’t compare your progress with his.
    When I was married, I’d be starving myself and led an active lifestyle but the weight would creep off.
    My ex would scarf down French Silk Pie and still the weight would drop off quickly.
    Drove me crazy.

I don’t have the answers.
    I lost my goal of 40 then slowly ate it all back now I’m trying again.
    It’s harder now, I’ll be 63 in a couple weeks.

My one thing, best advice is cut sugar as much as you can.

😊 chin up
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

Thank you

huehc88zk1k5.jpeg

You’re the best 😉