Get to goal weight in 2024

Options

Replies

• Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Can you believe it's almost 2024? My weigh-in days are still planned for Sundays; however, I have deferred my start date to the morning of New Year's Eve, December 31st, at which time I will report my new starting weight. I'm a bit apprehensive because I've been indulging in holiday feasting since I first posted on this board; but I'm still going to "face the music" and be honest about the number (which I'm sure is UP)!

I have also decided to stop consumption of all alcoholic beverages beginning New Year's Eve! (How's that for a Soberversary date?) 😉

I will be posting again this Sunday morning!

Very best wishes for your year-end celebrations.

Enjoy,
    💗Carole
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,871 Member
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Start Weight (from Dec 1st, 2023 ): 181.4
    Goal Weight: 145

End of Challenge Weight:xxxxx

I will weigh in on Fridays and also on the first and last day of each month to get a monthly tally for myself. My weight swings back & forth a lot, mostly due to self-sabotage when I start doing well. However, I have managed to lose approximately 20 pounds since July of 2023. I expect the loss will begin to slow down a bit, but I am feeling pretty strong and confident that I can reach my goal in 2024.

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

12/01-181.4-(Trend Weight: 181.9)- Hey Guys, We Got This!

12/02-181.4-(Trend Weight: 181.9)- No change

12/08-179.0-(Trend Weight: 181.0)- Progress.

12/15-177.8-(Trend Weight: 179.7)- I have not been this low since late 2018/2019. I have tweaked my macros, improved the quality of the foods I am eating, and incorporated a little more exercise as has been approved by my cardiologist. I have just recently moved from the Obese to the Overweight in my BMI which includes age. I am very happy about that!

12/22-178.8-(Trend Weight: 179.5)- An up & down week as evidenced in my lower trend weight. Many days have been good but many days have surrendered to chocolate. I need to get a grip!

12/29-179.8-(Trend Weight: 179.3)- I’m going the wrong way as the Holidays and “special festive” foods are too readily available. I know it’s not January yet, but I was really hoping to get a jump start on some real progress. I don’t think it’s going to pan out in December. My Family Christmas Feast and party is tomorrow so my weigh-in the following day on the 31st will probably be even worse but I’m going to face the fiddler and stay accountable. Look out January! I won’t be playin’!

12/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

December Start: 181.4
    December End:

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150's
  • threewins
    threewins Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Goal weigh 64 kg.
    7th Dec 2023 83.5 kg
    11th Dec 83.1 kg
    12th Dec 82.5 kg
    13th Dec 82.1 kg
    18th Dec 81.8 kg, I need to lose 46 grams a day to reach goal weight by the end of 2024
    19th Dec 81.6 kg
    31st Dec 81.5 kg, anniversary dinner for my partner and I, and Christmas just delayed goal day by about 10 days, thankfully Christmas only comes once a year
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    Corina1143 wrote: »
    First or original goal weight = 164.4 = bmi 24.9999
    December 6, 2023 = 174.6
    December 14, 2023 176 oops! Wrong way
    December 30, 2023 176.4
  • Walela617
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Start weight on 12/31/23: 146.2
    kif9b69e3v3q.png

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 63 years old and I live in the Midwest of the US. I am 5’ 5” tall. My highest weight was 253 in 2016. My MFP start weight was 235 in 2018.

Start Weight (from Dec 1st, 2023 ): 181.4
    Goal Weight: 145

End of Challenge Weight:183.8

I will weigh in on Fridays and also on the first and last day of each month to get a monthly tally for myself. My weight swings back & forth a lot, mostly due to self-sabotage when I start doing well. However, I have managed to lose approximately 20 pounds since July of 2023. I expect the loss will begin to slow down a bit, but I am feeling pretty strong and confident that I can reach my goal in 2024.

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

12/01-181.4-(Trend Weight: 181.9)- Hey Guys, We Got This!

12/02-181.4-(Trend Weight: 181.9)- No change

12/08-179.0-(Trend Weight: 181.0)- Progress.

12/15-177.8-(Trend Weight: 179.7)-

12/22-178.8-(Trend Weight: 179.5)-

12/29-179.8-(Trend Weight: 179.3)- I’m going the wrong way as the Holidays and “special festive” foods are too readily available. I know it’s not January yet, but I was really hoping to get a jump start on some real progress. I don’t think it’s going to pan out in December. My Family Christmas Feast and party is tomorrow so my weigh-in the following day on the 31st will probably be even worse but I’m going to face the fiddler and stay accountable. Look out January! I won’t be playin’!

12/31-183.8-(Trend Weight: 180.2)- ”Pulling hair out on both sides of head” Yiiikesssss! It looks like I’ve got my work cut out for me!!!!! You are NOT GOING TO BELIEVE what my secret Santa present was. (We buy for children and draw names for adults only). Get ready for this…..Hundreds of dollars worth of Chocolate!!!! It is designed to be 365 days of chocolate with a piece (or a serving as listed) for each day of the coming year. Every expensive and fancy brand you can think of. And my secret person was MY FOODIE DAUGHTER that is here so often. Excuse me….how many talks have I had with her 100 pound frame about how I am trying to improve my diet and LOSE WEIGHT? Has she forgotten that I am a DIABETIC? By the way, NOT ONE PIECE is sugar-free chocolate. It was accompanied by multiple bottles of Asti and some very nice lotion. She had purchased a wrapping paper hanging tote thingy and filled the clear pockets with the poison. It was so heavy that she had to have one of the men carry it in for her. WTH? I must tell you that my daughter is the type of person who could actually just eat one small piece or one little truffle per day and have no problem stopping at one. I am not. I am trying to formulate a plan. Simply freezing it will not work as I have no problem melting chocolate in my mouth. On top of all that, I’m still loaded down with Christmas Cookies and fudge from our gathering as well. My head has been spinning since I opened the gift last night! Help! My year end reflection: I lost 16.0 pounds in 2023. I also learned to eat some new foods that are good for my health and my waistline! I hope that 2024 will be successful in every way for myself and all of you too! Happy New Years Eve, my friends. Stay safe out there!

December Start: 181.4
    December End: 183.8

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!

• sportyforty
    sportyforty Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    57 YO 5’3”

12/12/23. 186 lbs

1/1/24. 185 lbs
    1/31/24 Goal 177 lbs

Since I signed up for a MFP Biggest Loser Challenge, I will post on the first of every month. The MFP BLC requires a lot of intention and posting to my team. The team I am on is FBI and it stands for Fuscia Beauties International. I am really impressed with the organization of it and private chat group per each team. If anyone reading this is interested, it’s not too late to enter, there is a late joiner team called the White Rabbits, and it’s for people who join any time after the 12/27 deadline. The winter BLC starts on 1/3/24 and goes for 12 weeks.

Happy New Year! Best wishes on a healthier you in 2024!

Ultimate goal by 1/1/25 130 lbs💪

• deepwoodslady
    Options
    So I've been putting some thought into this chocolate gift from my youngest daughter..... I think I know what may have happened. Sometime in December she & I were out of town together and I ran into an Aldi's to pick up my dark chocolate. They have a brand called Moser Roth which comes in various amount of cocoa and cocao. I will buy it as high as a 90% content although this last time it was 70%. She asked me about it because of my diabetes and I told her that I find having a square at night helps to stave off my chocolate cravings and that the extra benefit is that it is an antioxident.

I have noticed that in all that chocolate she bought, most of it is dark chocolate. Of course, having a Lindt dark chocolate truffle is not the same as having a 70% or higher cacao piece, but I'm sure she does not understand that because I did not fully go into it or explain it to her. I'm sure she thought it would be something I would love and something I could really use.

What she doesn't know is that I don't eat a square EVERY NIGHT for 365 days. I eat it on occasion when it fits into my macros and when I have a particular craving for something sweet. This is why I like that brand. When you open the bar up, it actually consists of about 5 smaller separately wrapped little mini candy bars that contain 2 squares. It is easy to break it apart, keep the other half in the wrap and put the wrap back into the main bar for safekeeping. It keeps it fresher than just buying a big hunk of a bar. (I'll post a pic for clarification). Anyway, I don't think her gift was an attempt at being brutal. I just think she has misunderstood and so my intention first and foremost is to explain this to her (or the candy may never end).

My plan for the candy is to share with everyone in the family. A little to each family will not be too hurtful. I will ask them not to let her know because she is still quite fragile with all she is going through. Also, I know that she made a big financial leap here that she couldn't afford just to try to provide me something she thought would help. The others will understand and keep it under their hats. I am also going to share the candy with her as she love chocolate, although she is a tiny little person who picks at it and has such wonderful control that I just don't have yet. I will talk to her about my diabetes and explain that I don't eat it everyday. I will ask her to choose some to take home (a lot if possible), whatever is left after this, I will follow Tish's advice ( @tiabirdie56 ) and freeze the rest in my deep freeze that is in the garage since I actually can use some of it. However, I need to keep only the darkest of chocolate since that is where I have the most control. I am not CRAZY about dark cacao so the control is built-in. I know that this plan will not be the most popular with many of you, but I think it can protect my daughter's feelings, be a blessing to some of the other kids/grandkids and still help me to, especially since all my cacao has to be bought out-of-town. I absolutely will not pawn off too much to just one person to create problems for someone else. I will be careful and thoughtful.

Well that's my plan and I'll do my best to stick to it. I've worked too hard on my weight AND by glucose numbers so that will be my guiding force and light going forward. I've read many good ideas on a couple of different challenges and I thank you all for your input. By combining some of your ideas, I think it's a good plan. I will be having ANOTHER talk with my daughter, but this time I will explain things better to her and leave no room for questions. She is not a sabotaging kind of person, honestly. She is just a little thing that does not understand the challenges I face as an obese person (food control). Her heart was in the right place this time I do believe. As for the wine, I will have no problem controlling that. The Martini & Rossi Asti (sparkling wine) is one of my favorites. She bought little 4 packs of that which provides about 2 nice pour wineglasses each. That will last me a long time. She also bought one large bottle which I will not pop open until I have a social occasion or family gathering where it can be shared. Control with alcohol is not a problem for me.
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

Start Weight (from Dec 31st, 2023 ): 183.8
    Goal Weight: 145 – 155 (I’ll know when I get there)

End of Monthly Challenge Weight:xxxxx

I will weigh in on Fridays and also on the first and last day of each month to get a monthly tally for myself. My weight swings back & forth a lot, mostly due to self-sabotage when I start doing well. However, I have managed to lose 16 pounds in 2023. It would be wonderful if I could reach (at the very least) the upper end of my goal in 2024 and keep it off. However, that would mean losing double what I did in 2023. Fingers crossed I’ll get close!

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)- Good luck to everyone in reaching your goals for 2024, whatever they may be. I will be one of your biggest cheerleaders!

01/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/31-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

January Start: 183.8
    January Mini-goal: 179.8
    January End Actual:
    Total Cumulative Weight Loss for 2024 Challenge:

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,967 Member
    edited January 3
    Options
    Starting Weight: 223.6
    Goal Weight: 140 - 150
    *aiming for low end to start and then maintain between 140 and 150.

To accomplish this huge task would be losing about 7lbs a month. Seems more than reasonable....but I've been down this road before. I am going to reduce my monthly goal to 5lbs a month but then I'm going to throw that goal out of window (at least not focus on it).

My real goal for 2024 is to Trend downwards. While I'd like to lose about 5lbs a month, I set myself up for failure by focusing on a number that I can't always control.

Instead I'm focusing on actions that I can control and that could/should result in that loss.
    • Exercise - 6x a week
    • Water - working towards 64 to 100 ounces daily
    • Better Nutrition *Work in Process
    • Less Alcohol * Work in process. Currently doing dry January with 2 exception days.
    • Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum)

At little about me:
    I just turned 63. In the first half of 2023 - I lost about 10 lbs. In the second half of 2023 - I gained about 13 lbs. The second half was full of life challenges, some good, some not so good. I feel that I learned a lot last year about what works and the things I need to conquer. I am very hopeful for 2024!

My Mantra:
    🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Charissa
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

I will weigh in on Saturdays and also on the first and last day of each month to get a monthly tally for myself. My weight swings back & forth a lot, mostly due to self-sabotage when I start doing well. However, I have managed to lose 16 pounds in 2023. It would be wonderful if I could reach (at the very least) the upper end of my goal in 2024 and keep it off. However, that would mean losing double what I did in 2023. Fingers crossed I’ll get close!

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)- Good luck to everyone in reaching your goals for 2024, whatever they may be. I will be one of your biggest cheerleaders!

01/05-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)- Back to my school bus schedule for DGS in Kindergarten. Up at 6:15 which is about 4 hours earlier than usual so I typically do not weigh on Fridays. So I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Yesterday I worked on finishing up removing and packing up the Christmas décor. So many steps! It felt like the old days when I worked before retirement!

01/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

01/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

January End Actual:

• threewins
    Options
    Goal weigh 64 kg.
    7th Dec 2023 83.5 kg
    11th Dec 83.1 kg
    12th Dec 82.5 kg
    13th Dec 82.1 kg
    18th Dec 81.8 kg, I need to lose 46 grams a day to reach goal weight by the end of 2024
    19th Dec 81.6 kg
    31st Dec 81.5 kg, anniversary dinner for my partner and I, and Christmas just delayed goal day by about 10 days, thankfully Christmas only comes once a year
    6th Jan, 81.4 kg, New Year indulging delayed goal day by about 6 days. I am now getting into the weight loss proper. I'm tracking my intake and walking a lot.
  • itladyee
    Options

1/6
    Goal Check
    Exercise - 6x a week ✔️
    Water - working towards 64 to 100 ounces daily ✔️
    Averaged about 40, which is in line with my plan (32 week 1, 48 week 2, 64 week 3, 80 week 4)
    Better Nutrition *Work in Process ✔️
    Was on vacation thru 1/2 but since 1/3 good meals and healthy snacks (mostly, I did have 1.5 ounces of chips (one of my weaknesses) on Wednesday night.) And 2 ounces of Cheetos on last night (vs half the bag = progress)
    Less Alcohol * Work in process. Currently doing dry January with 2 exception days. ✔️
    1/2, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5 AF :heart:
    Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) 🚫
    Struggling here. Averaging about 7,000

My Mantra:

My Mantra has helped me get out of bed twice this week!!

Saturday Weigh In
    1/01: 223.6
    1/06: 219.0 😎 (fluff weight)
    1/13:
    1/27:
    1/31:
    Total month loss so far: 4.6

Monthly Tracking
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
    Total Loss 2024
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

I will weigh in on Saturdays and also on the first and last day of each month to get a monthly tally for myself. My weight swings back & forth a lot, mostly due to self-sabotage when I start doing well. However, I have managed to lose 16 pounds in 2023. It would be wonderful if I could reach (at the very least) the upper end of my goal in 2024 and keep it off. However, that would mean losing double what I did in 2023. Fingers crossed I’ll get close!

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)-

01/05-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)- Back to my school bus schedule for DGS in Kindergarten. Up at 6:15 which is about 4 hours earlier than usual so I typically do not weigh on Fridays. So I will be weighing in on Saturdays. Yesterday I worked on finishing up removing and packing up the Christmas décor. So many steps! It felt like the old days when I worked before retirement!

01/06-183.0-(Trend Weight: 180.5)- I have not been doing well since Christmas. I have let the festivities get the best of me. I have abused the leftovers. I have done way more sitting than moving. It’s time to get my butt in gear. I usually get “on a roll” and do well. I go in streaks and right now I’m on a bad one. It’s time to get back on the good side of the tracks. I know I can do this if I try harder. Sometimes I just get burned out. I'm still below my start weight. I need to grab the ball and run with it.

01/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight: xxxxx)-

January End Actual:

• Walela617
    Options
    Good morning everyone, it's a snowy day here in Boston with up to 7 inches expected. Looks like I gained a bit over the past week but I haven't been very active and I did drink alcohol on Friday (and also had a large meatball sub):

DEC 31: 146.2
    JAN 07: 146.4
    JAN 14:
    JAN 21
    JAN 28:
    JAN 31:
    Total weight lost in January: 0 lbs. (so far).

I plan to be very careful this week so I can pick up the peace and lose at least one pound by next Sunday.

Best to all! 💕
  • threewins
    Options
    Goal weigh 64 kg.
    7th Dec 2023 83.5 kg
    11th Dec 83.1 kg
    12th Dec 82.5 kg
    13th Dec 82.1 kg
    19th Dec 81.6 kg
    6th Jan, 81.4 kg, New Year indulging delayed goal day by about 6 days. I am now getting into the weight loss proper. I'm tracking my intake and walking a lot.
    8th Jan 81.2 kg
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    My goal weight keeps getting higher the older I get...I was 132 during most of my 30s and size 7/ 8 so I guess that is what I'd like to be, best case scenerio. I'm 150, now, and still feel pretty good, considering I am a few years away from 50...according to a weight loss center I am big boned as my wrist is over 7 inches!:D I'll go with 140 pounds for 2024 as my ideal weight. 💕
  • itladyee
    edited January 13
    Options

Goal Check
    Exercise - 6x a week ✔️
    Water - working towards 64 to 100 ounces daily ✔️
    Hit 48 but next week is going to be a struggle
    Week 1 = 32 +✔️
    Week 2 = 48 +✔️
    Week 3 = 63 +
    Week 4 = 80 +

Better Nutrition *Work in Process ✔️
    Good Choices, under calories all week.
    Less Alcohol * Work in process. Currently doing dry January with 2 exception days. ✔️
    1/1, 1/6 had Alcohol. All else AF 11/13 :heart:
    Get back to 10,000 steps a day (minimum) 🚫
    Struggling here. Averaging about 7,000. Hit 8,000+ a couple of times this week.

My Mantra:

Saturday Weigh In
    1/01: 223.6
    1/06: 219.0 😎 (fluff weight)
    1/13: 217.4
    1/20:
    1/27:
    1/31:
    Total month loss so far: 6.2

Monthly Tracking
    January
    February
    March
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November
    December
    Total Loss 2024
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

01/01-181.6-(Trend Weight: 180.3)-

01/05-DNW-(Trend Weight: DNW)-

01/06-183.0-(Trend Weight: 180.5)- I have not been doing well since Christmas. I have let the festivities get the best of me. I have abused the leftovers. I have done way more sitting than moving. It’s time to get my butt in gear. I usually get “on a roll” and do well. I go in streaks and right now I’m on a bad one. It’s time to get back on the good side of the tracks. I know I can do this if I try harder. Sometimes I just get burned out. I’m still below my starting weight. I need to just grab the ball and run with it!

01/13-182.0-(Trend Weight: 181.0)- My scale arrived late yesterday afternoon after posting so I got it all set up, downloaded the app etc. It looks like I’m up about 2.2 lbs from my last known weight although that scale reading on the 8th may not have been accurate. My trend weight is slightly down. Gosh, I hate starting over with a different scale. The pressure was so bad thinking about it last night that I broke into the back of the freezer for some of that chocolate. I also ate dinner twice with 2 totally different foods. Self-sabotage. I noticed that this new scale has my weight at about what I would expect after a binge, but the fat percentage is WAY WAY higher on the new one. I guess I just have to lump it and start fresh from here. We got 15” of snow yesterday and overnight. At least 6 more expected today and more tomorrow too. We are all hunkered down. I have spent most of the morning shoveling. Tonight my foodie daughter, DGS, DS and myself will cook and have a nice hot dinner. I’ll be using the oven so it will help keep the house warm. Stay safe everyone!

January End Actual:

• Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,933 Member
    Options
    First or original goal weight = 164.4 = bmi 24.9999
    December 6, 2023 = 174.6
    December 14, 2023 176 oops! Wrong way
    December 30, 2023 176.4

1/13 173