JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I’m hoping I can get hubby to play with them for a while Sunday so that I can at least get a couple of miles in.

In my limited experience Hubbies respond better if firmly TOLD they will play with children just as their partner is stepping out the door, fully dresses and ready to run.

<duck> Yes, I am single. ;)

@chris_in_cal ba-hahahahahahahahahaha
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    Thanks all... since my numbers didn't change significantly they are having me do the final treatment on Monday. I can do this! 11 so far, what's one more. However, they are now referring me to a radiation oncologist since my tumor markers are stuck at a pretty high level. The CT was clear but there must be something hiding somewhere. I will also be having another PETScan as well. So I guess my plans for getting back to running may be delayed some bit longer.
    I was pretty down when we got home so I didn't go out for a walk even though I probably would have felt better for it. I will get one in tomorrow and Sunday since I will be out of it for most of next week.

@shanaber sorry it wasn't the news you were hoping for and you have to do 1 more 😪
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,802 Member
    Options
    @shanaber oh no... I totally get being disappointed and discouraged. So sorry.. 😥😥😥🙁 I hope that PET scan finds whatever is causing your blood work to show tumor markers. Did your thigh feel better? I know that was bothering you a few weeks back. I guess they could not give you a blood transfusion before the last chemo to help with your energy?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    @shanaber I'm sorry the news was not what you were hoping for.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I’m hoping I can get hubby to play with them for a while Sunday so that I can at least get a couple of miles in.

In my limited experience Hubbies respond better if firmly TOLD they will play with children just as their partner is stepping out the door, fully dresses and ready to run.

<duck> Yes, I am single. ;)

@chris_in_cal ba-hahahahahahahahahaha

Too funny you guys!! 😂😂
    My hubby’s great!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    Great running @kbrown1527 . You are making up for lost time quickly. Nice run on the treadmill. I hope your granddaughter feels better soon and the rest of you avoid getting sick.

@daria0919 I hope you enjoy your granddaughter's visit and get to get out for a run or two.

@shanaber I hope your last treatment doesn't put you down for too long. I also hope the other tests turn out to be good news. Big hugs and lots of prayers coming your way.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,970 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 That is a very "cool" medal. I see why you decided to sign up. What is the distance?

Great run @martaindale ! Especially when your legs felt like lead. Those are the hardest ones to get through. Enjoy your taper week.

@elizury and @Mari33a I had to look up the video too. They are amazing. I'd wind up in the hospital if I tried to do that. :lol:

Nice run @emptydog . I'm sorry you missed running in the snow though.

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,441 Member
    Options
    @shanaber very sorry you didn't get the good news you were hoping for, but hope the next test can find some answers for you 😔

2024 goal is to concentrate more on speed this year. Day 6 ✅
    Didn't plan anything today, but got in a PR for a HM this afternoon. It was pretty good weather, but felt like I was running against the wind both ways on the out and back. But very happy to have knocked out a HM for the month as the weather in January can be very unpredictable.

exercise.png