Operation: Sexy Claus Week #2 9.26.11 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options

With that being said the Question of the Day: How is your "home" support system? Are you getting the support you need from family, friends, and/or significant others? Why or why not?

I love this question mostly because it made me really think about what's going on for me.

I recently changed jobs, and one of my co-workers is freaking AMAZING at getting me motivated. we both joined the same gym, so she is constantly making sure that I am doing something!

I think my boyfriend is a lot more supportive this time around. He encouraged me to join the gym and has been really supportive of me going. In fact HE is even going now, which makes it easier for me to go. I think where I need some more support from him is around the eating thing. This is especially true for when we go out camping for the weekend or on hikes or whatever we are doing. I think he is starting to get it more now though which is great.

I think I need to be more up front when I can't do something or when I need something from someone. I often find myself frustrated that I am not feeling supported then realize that I never asked for support

***Note*** I have chosen to only focus on those who are being supportive and not those who sabotage me as they are not worth my time and effort... time and effort I should be using on ME!!! I deserve to only be surrounded by positive and supportive people and therefore, if you are not supportive, you've gotta go!
  • dmnosu17
    Options
    Sorry I've been traveling so I'll do both questions today....well I slipped up last week ugh gain 4lbs due to lovely TOM and traveling all week. So going to work very hard at watching what I eat since I won't have much time to work out the next few days as I start another trip. As far as home support well it's just me at home so it's great not to have temptations from others but I really look to MFP to help motivate me.
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Sorry I am a little late with posting the question of the day :) I see some losses and some gains going on this past week. The best thing is you know where you can improve. Just like I always say to myself, "I know what I need to do, it is just the matter of executing it"

With that being said the Question of the Day: How is your "home" support system? Are you getting the support you need from family, friends, and/or significant others? Why or why not?

I would rate my home support system as "fair". My hubby doesn't like me to go to the YMCA b/c he thinks it's too disruptive to the kids' schedule. My husband's approach to our lives is very kid-centric. I keep reminding him that we need to schedule times for ourselves in there - and that sometimes we need to be the priority. .....

Tonight he did make me an omelette for dinner though.
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all! Sorry I am a little late with posting the question of the day :) I see some losses and some gains going on this past week. The best thing is you know where you can improve. Just like I always say to myself, "I know what I need to do, it is just the matter of executing it"

My home support system is good my now ex-boyfriend was very supportive he would go workout with me so it made it a lot easier to do. Him and my kids ate what I cooked so I found it easier to eat healthy. Now that he's gone I have my kids and they try to workout with me which is cute and they always ask me if I'm going to workout. My friends are all encouraging they say I motivate them to want to lose weight although most have done nothing about it. Maybe once I get to my goal it'll encourage them to come on with it. Ohhhh and my kids father is in my life a lot and he works out he does a lot of weights and he is very encouraging.. He always give me tips and he let's me know that it's paying off.
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    On track so far this week....I know it's only Tuesday but it's been a long time since I was on track.

Monday~ 42 minutes elliptical
    Tuesday~ Turbo Fire Hiit 30 ....omg I was sweating to death!
  • MelL1205
    MelL1205 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Sorry I'm a bit behind in posting. Spent the night in the ER / hospital and am having some issues. I'll catch up once I get myself back together.... I promise.

To those of you on track, keep up the good work. I'm proud. :flowerforyou:
    To the rest, I hope you are able to find the motivation to hop back on track, because you are worth it. :heart:
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Sorry I'm a bit behind in posting. Spent the night in the ER / hospital and am having some issues. I'll catch up once I get myself back together.... I promise.

To those of you on track, keep up the good work. I'm proud. :flowerforyou:
    To the rest, I hope you are able to find the motivation to hop back on track, because you are worth it. :heart:

Take care hun!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    So far so good! I usually make it to 3 workouts and then I make excuses for the rest of the week. But I am doing it!! Seeing all of you guys getting it done makes me want to push myself harder. I can do this and I will make this happen!!!

Monday: Legs & Back & Ab Ripper X - DONE
    Tuesday: Kenpo X - DONE
    Wednesday: Chest, Triceps & Shoulders & Ab Ripper X
    Thursday: Plyometrics
    Friday: Back & Biceps & Ab Ripper X
  • Kkmama
    Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    My support system at home is awesome! My husband makes it so I can get my workouts in, which is a big part for me. My 7 year old daughter loves to imitate me when I am working out to my dvds... so it is fun. My husband has even started doing some of my workouts with me just for fun. Getting healthy is a family affair, I know I couldn't do it with out their help.
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    A little late answering yesterday's question but here it goes:

How is your "home" support system? Are you getting the support you need from family, friends, and/or significant others? Why or why not?

My support system is ok but things are tough with a 2 year old and a 7 week old. My fiance works long hours during the week and my boys aren't sleeping the best. I'm finding it hard to be able to get my workouts in. I'm already getting 5 hours of sleep a night or less and my oldest has decided he doesn't want to take naps :( he is waking up early and doesn't want to go to sleep. Cries and fights me, wants me to lay with him and says he is scared lol. So if I lay with hi he just wants to play. Last night he didn't go to bed until midnight even tho I made him stay in his room. Then I'm waking up in the middle of the night to feed a 7 week old. I know that the only way to get my workout in is to wake up early but I don't think I would be able to function on less sleep as well as busting my butt in a workout. I can't workout when my oldest is awake because he gets in the way and thinks it's play time. My fiance is good about making sure I have healthy food to eat but not much help letting me workout because he is tired when he gets home and isn't much help with the kids. Frustrating... I do EVERYTHING, and yes I do stay home with them but damn I need a break too. I don't have any family or friends close which sucks. My fiancés sister lives about 35 minutes away but I don't like to hang with her because all she does is complain that she doesn't have money to pay her bills or feed her child because her POS husband sits on his butt and doesn't do anything yet goes out every night. She doesn't take our advice but she sure doesn't turn down any money (we have given her probably $3000 since January because my fiance hates that his nephew, who is also 2, is in that situation.). My fMily lives 1000 miles away so it's just me and the boys all day until my fiance gets home. Ugh, sorry for the rant but sometimes I have to get it out there because I don't have anyone else to vent to about it... Thanks for listening.
  • jreese5226
    jreese5226 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I have the most amazing support system at home. My hubby joined me on this journey until he reached his goal weight. He's been struggling to find his motivation to keep going, but he still pushes me to keep going. And he hasn't gotten into the mindset of reintroducing crap into our diets now that he's reached his goals. We still don't buy or drink sodas and he still cooks amazing healthy meals!

And my kids.... they are my soul! My 6-year old son has become educated on what a calorie is and why our bodies need them and what kind of calories are good and which ones make him feel bad. And my 3-year old? She likes to pretend that she is Sean T. when I am doing an Insanity workout and will let me know if my form is off or if I am not squatting low enough!

I consider myself to be very blessed with regard to my support system. I only wish everyone could be so lucky!
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is getting some great support from their family and friends!

So today's topic is: What celebrity body do you admire? This is just a fun question not to be taken to seriously lol We all know celebrities have trainers and everything else on their side...but just for us to have fun with.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is getting some great support from their family and friends!

So today's topic is: What celebrity body do you admire? This is just a fun question not to be taken to seriously lol We all know celebrities have trainers and everything else on their side...but just for us to have fun with.

I must admit....I am all about my girl Beyonce. I really want her legs and Serena Williams butt hahahaha! The hard thing with me and celebrities is most of them are not my height so it is hard to compare..I just want to be toned and curvy! That is all I ask lol
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I want to have Kate Winslet's body. OMG!!
  • Stephinow
    Options

Hmmm, support....well, it's like this: Nobody in my household eats right or exercises so I don't have that type of support. BUT everybody is very supportive verbally, giving me props for working out, complimenting my healthy food cooking (Ooooh, that smells good! or Wow, that looks like a professional plate!) but they won't touch it. My little one just got interested in exercising with me because he goes to school online (at my mom's all week) and we do his P.E. classes together on the weekend. Now, my mom doesn't live with me, but she is the one I eat with, so to speak. We eat the same foods so when either of us cooks, we share with the other, and when we go out to eat together I know I can count on her for support because of the healthy choices she'll make.

It's been like this for years, and it never bothered me, and I am never tempted to eat the foods that my husband and my kids eat. So I guess I'm ok.
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options

I really admire Miranda Lambert for her body type & confidence. She's curvy and beautiful. It doesn't seem to phase her that's she's not some super skinny size 0 celebrity! I would love to have a body like hers someday.. and the confidence too!!
  • Stephinow
    Options

Truth is I've been trying to lose weight for a number of years...so most of my friends and significant other have kinda given up...I'm sure they mean well but I guess they are tired of hearing all my plans and stories, then to see no progress. Its kinda sad sometimes because the emotional struggle is the hardest part and its the well wishes from your close friends that help in down times...but I have one friend that looks out for me and my teenage son aka my coach. He is an athlete at school and no matter how miserable I am or how long I havent worked out he is always there to encourgae me and keep me going.

I think it's precious that your son is so supportive:heart: And you are right about the emotional aspect of this being the most challenging part. I've found it easier to stay on track recently by just acknowledging that I won't be perfect every single day (but most days), and to not beat myself up, not even for a second, when I do have something that I shouldn't necessarily have. Also I try really hard to remember that 1 slip up doesn't have to last a whole week or even a whole day. We can do this together.
  • tburnett80
    tburnett80 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Last weeks weight was 165.4.
    This weeks Weigh In - 165
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Beyonce before baby & Jessica Biel
  • miss_amy
    Options
    I agree with the Miranda Lambert comment! She's gorgeous. I also have to choose Marilyn Monroe (even though she's no longer living). She was one of the frontrunners in Hollywood to show that curves are beautiful. Any celebrity who is not stick thin and flaunts their curves is my choice!