MY 100 POUND JOURNEY

Options

Replies

• mjstewies
    mjstewies Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay! Evelyn! I’m so happy to have you back in 2024. You’ve been with me since MY 100 POUND JOURNEY first began, more than two years ago. It just wouldn’t be the same without you. ❤️

I suffer with occasional bouts of depression also. Thanks for the good advice. I too, need to “ Up the vitamin D, go to bed earlier, and up the fluid intake.” I also need to increase my iodine intake because I have hypothyroidism. I refuse to take those drugs the doctor prescribed. Medicine, is a nice word for dangerous drugs. ☠️ I’m positive if I continue to do all these things, it will increase my weight loss this year.

Yo Lisa my peep!!....I could never leave you cuz we haven't achieved our goal!! Even when we get there I couldn't leave because we both know I don't know how to maintain.....being at goal twice has shown me that. Achieving goal will be when I need even more support. Life long pals is what we're destined to be..lol

Depression sucks doesn't it?? I'm not getting out walking as yet but go work in my office (aka craft room) each afternoon and either sew or cross stitch or something crafty to keep me from thinking about snacking. A discovery made is that if I sit and watch tv in the afternoon my mind thinks it needs to snack. So if I keep my hands busy it keeps my mind busy as well. Having a lot of ladies hockey to watch has really helped as well. Anyone else into watching the 2024 IIHF World U18 Championships or the PWHL (Professional Womens Hockey League)?? I've always said to do sports well you gotta play like a girl!! Anyway.....cheering the gals on while doing my "business" has really helped turn things around for me. Before I was busy binging, now I'm busy cheering and sewing. We have to train our thoughts to set ourselves up for success.

i7iokygyp03c.png

• mjstewies
    Options
    Hi! I don't know who you are, but I really liked your comments. I also have an "office" at home and you made me realize the difference in my cravings when I'm crafting vs when I'm just watching tv. And even though I have a tv in my craft room, which I don't always use, I don't think about food as much in there. Our regular tv is where you have a clear view of the fridge and snack drawer so I just feel so many more urges to eat when I'm there. Thanks for the tip!
    Missy
  • 7freshflowers
    7freshflowers Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Susanna527 wrote: »
    Hello everyone! I just wanted to pop by today to say hi :smile: Hope you all had a good weekend! I'm really struggling to not binge/emotionally eat, but am proud of the small steps and good choices I'm trying to make, and I'm determined that when I finally see my PCP in March (after 3 years), the scale is going to reflect these 75 days of making healthier choices!!!
    Hi Susanna. Thanks for popping in. I'm proud of your positive attitude. My doctor appointment is on May 2. I too plan to show my PCP a dramatic weight loss by then so she won't bug me to take drugs (for high BP and Hypothyroidism. 💊

Both issues can be controlled by diet. Doctors prescribe too many drugs unnecessarily.

• ssflbelle2012
    ssflbelle2012 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    H Everyone I have tried posting 3 different times his week and nothing posted. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I am going to try for the fourth time on my cellphone. If successful I will try to repost my previous things i wrote about
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    H Everyone I have tried posting 3 different times his week and nothing posted. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I am going to try for the fourth time on my cellphone. If successful I will try to repost my previous things i wrote about

Hi Amanda. I don't have a cellphone and don't know a thing about them or how they work. I'm happy you finally got through. Looking forward to reading your re-posts.
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    I’m very happy this morning. I had a ‘whoosh’, and broke into the 170’s. finally! It took me over 4 months to break out of the 180’s. It’s a real learning process. It’s really nice to see that number on the scale.

That is awesome!!! Way to go!!! :smile:
  • 7freshflowers
    Options
    I’m very happy this morning. I had a ‘whoosh’, and broke into the 170’s. finally! It took me over 4 months to break out of the 180’s. It’s a real learning process. It’s really nice to see that number on the scale.

Congrats Mel. 👏🏼 Nice to see you in 2024. Thanks for staying with us on MY 100 POUND JOURNEY.

I want a "whoosh." 🙏
  • TanyaEstrada
    TanyaEstrada Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Howdy everyone! I am totally down for this challenge! I have a little less than 100 to lose but honestly could lose 100 and still be within a healthy weight. My current weight is 234.6
    My goal weight is 150! I look forward to this group!
  • mjstewies
    Options
    Good morning!
    I don't know if I'm alone here, but I think I may be self sabotaging. It seems like I do really well for a few days and the scale starts moving in the right direction, but then I always seem to have a binge day and mess it all up. It's almost like I'm afraid to be thin. I've spent the last 40 years in the 220-240 range (256 being the highest) so now that I'm at 210-215, it just seems like I may have a mental block and I am fighting a losing battle. Does anyone have any tips on how to shake this?? I honestly think I've heard it all before, but it's so defeating when my brain knows that I shouldn't snack all evening in front of the tv, but my body is craving EVERYTHING. I feel like I need a security guard in the kitchen. Hahaha!!! Or maybe a 7pm bedtime? Argh!!!!
  • lindseyhogan90
    lindseyhogan90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello all.

I need to lose around 100 pounds to get to my goal weight. I’m in my early 30’s and have struggled for a while to stay consistent Determined to stick with it this time, I’m here on the journey with you all.

SW: 278🫣
    CW: 271🙃
    GW: 165🤩

• 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    mjstewies wrote: »
    Good morning!
    I don't know if I'm alone here, but I think I may be self sabotaging. It seems like I do really well for a few days and the scale starts moving in the right direction, but then I always seem to have a binge day and mess it all up. It's almost like I'm afraid to be thin. I've spent the last 40 years in the 220-240 range (256 being the highest) so now that I'm at 210-215, it just seems like I may have a mental block and I am fighting a losing battle. Does anyone have any tips on how to shake this?? I honestly think I've heard it all before, but it's so defeating when my brain knows that I shouldn't snack all evening in front of the tv, but my body is craving EVERYTHING. I feel like I need a security guard in the kitchen. Hahaha!!! Or maybe a 7pm bedtime? Argh!!!!

That is totally me!! I have been so close to getting under 300 in the past year but once I see it whoosh up the scale goes again. It's like a fear in me that stops me from getting under that number. I totally get how you feel about fighting a losing battle and self sabotage for whatever reason that seems to be an unknown factor in my journey. I do so well during the day but once dinner is over (and I'm full), 10:00pm hits and wham it's like a magnet draws me into the kitchen. Got help me if there's dinner leftovers that would make lunch the next day....they don't make it. I try going to bed at 10pm but lay awake for 2 hours minimum. But if I go to bed at midnight......you can bet I'm totally snacking out the pantry & fridge......sighhhhh I guess I'm better off laying in bed....at least I'm not stuffing my face. It's totally frustrating and just when I think I've figured it out I lose control again. Feeling your pain over here....
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    edited January 11
    Options
    @mjstewiew I get what you’re Going through. I have been exactly the same. I just got so tired of seeing the same numbers on the scale, going up and down I knew I had to change. It’s been working for the last week or so. I upped my calories. I don’t want to get to the point where I’m so hungry or bored that I’ll binge. When that hasn’t worked, I’ve planned my binge to be more healthy and allowed just 200-300 calories more. In my head, if I do this I have to accept that I won’t lose any weight. I hope this makes sense. I’m not sure I’m properly explaining what I’m doing.
    @3rdtimelosesit the sleep thing is a tough one to solve. I’ve hoped that regular exercise would help, but it hasn’t. I’ll often get hungry if I can’t fall asleep. This is when I’m most likely binge. I just think about what the scale will show the next morning. I still struggle with this issue.
  • 7freshflowers
    edited January 12
    Options
    Howdy everyone! I am totally down for this challenge! I have a little less than 100 to lose but honestly could lose 100 and still be within a healthy weight. My current weight is 234.6. I look forward to this group!

Hello Tanya. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Happy to have you. Thanks for joining us. ☕️

I plan to pay a visit to 234.6 sometime this year. She can't wait to see me again. 😎

• 7freshflowers
    Options
    Hello all. I need to lose around 100 pounds to get to my goal weight. I’m in my early 30’s. Determined to stick with it this time. I’m here on the journey with you all. CW: 271 🙃
    Hello Lindsey. Welcome to MY 100 POUND JOURNEY. Everyone has such a good positive attitude. We're all gonna do extra good in 2024. I can feel it in my bones. Thanks for joining us.

• 7freshflowers
    edited January 13
    Options
    I’ve discovered that a high carb diet seems to work best for me and gives me more energy.
    🍌 🥔 🍠 🌽 🫛 🥖 🫘

Every time I go low-carb, I eventually start craving carbs, and go nuts, eating everything in sight. 🍰 🍫 🍦

Carbs fuel my brain. 🧠

I LOVE Garbanzo beans. The Goya brand is the best. I open a can, rinse them well, and eat them like popcorn. 😋
  • 3rdtimelosesit
    3rdtimelosesit Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I’ve discovered that a high carb diet seems to work best for me and gives me more energy.
    🍌 🥔 🍠 🌽 🫛 🥖 🫘

Every time I go low-carb, I eventually start craving carbs, and go nuts, eating everything in sight. 🍰 🍫 🍦

Carbs fuel my brain. 🧠

I LOVE Garbanzo beans. The Goya brand is the best. I open a can, rinse them well, and eat them like popcorn. 😋

Magnesium is an essential mineral for managing sugar cravings. Most carbs contain sugar of course so maybe popping some magnesium would help.