JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    PS: LA. Only went to New Orleans. Best thing I ate was a Shrimp Po'Boy! (Not a huge fan of etouffee ... And don't know if it's just me? But I thought those Beignets were the most overrated thing. Ever!)

I love all the classic Cajun food. Etouffee, jambalaya, gumbo 🤤. And I also love beignets but they have to be hot out of the fryer with only powdered sugar. I don't go for all the filled, dipped craziness.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @elizury I hope you are feeling better after the two vaccines. Great job in getting the TM run in.

Nice running @tarun_yadavA . I'm glad you don't have to drive anywhere when the weather is bad.

@SummerSkier I'm glad you were able play tennis hard and not injure yourself. Also glad the skunk disappeared and didn't spray. The description of the man/boy is funny. Sounds like he was showing off, but I doubt if there were many people out in that weather to see him....I guess all the cars passing by would notice.

Thank @martaindale . Sometimes those words that have gone "out of style" are just the right ones to convey the message you want to convey. Be careful and stay warm with those temps. You are going to do great in your race.

Great running @Laurz9191 . Glad you took it easy around the icy spots. It's hard to tell the difference between a bank robber and winter runner. :lol: Love your pictures.

Be careful out there @yirara .

Thank you for doing that for us @chris_in_cal ! :wink: Enjoy. You were running fast!

@daria0919 Sorry your motivation is in a slump, but you did great to do what you did today. Hang in there and hopefully the mojo will be back soon.

You are doing great @Maria9191 .
  • martaindale
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    I'm with @martaindale on the classic Cajun food in LA and I would add to the list red beans and rice.

Oooo yum! Red beans and rice. So comforting!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    PS: LA. Only went to New Orleans. Best thing I ate was a Shrimp Po'Boy! (Not a huge fan of etouffee ... And don't know if it's just me? But I thought those Beignets were the most overrated thing. Ever!)

I love all the classic Cajun food. Etouffee, jambalaya, gumbo 🤤. And I also love beignets but they have to be hot out of the fryer with only powdered sugar. I don't go for all the filled, dipped craziness.

@martaindale gosh. You and I are such opposites when it comes to food tastes.

As for 🍩
    Filled dipped craziness over plain powdered sugar dusting everytime.

Lose those artisan type donuts! 🤤

(Draw the line at bacon on donuts!
    Or- using glazed donuts as Bun substitutes for burgers!
    That sugary-savoury mash-up is a bit too much for my British palate lol)
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Love* those
  • martaindale
    Options
    @martaindale gosh. You and I are such opposites when it comes to food tastes.
    Or- using glazed donuts as Bun substitutes for burgers!
    That sugary-savoury mash-up is a bit too much for my British palate lol)

We absolutely are on opposite ends of the spectrum. As for sweet & savory, donut hamburger doesn't sound great but have you ever had chicken and waffles? Little sweet, little savory and especially tasty with some slightly spicy maple syrup. One of my brunch go-to's.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options
    01.01 6°C 3.2km 27min 8:20/km 8 stride repeats
    03.01 9°C 4.6km 40min 8:41/km slow
    04.01 3°C 5.1km 43min 8:25/km slow-ish
    05.01 7°C 2.1km 17min 8:03/km fast
    07.01 -2°C 4.2km 34min 8:12/km 1min intervals x 9
    08.01 -4°C 5.4km 45min 8:18/km slow run
    09.03 -7°C 5.0km 40min 8:04/km taget pace intervals
    10.03 -6°C 3.0km 24min 7:57/km
    12.03 1°C 5.5km 45min 8:14/km slow run

38.08km/80.5km

Nearly halfway to my running goal for January! Longest run this year, and it was tough. I know why (blood kept on pooling in legs) but I managed to do the 45 minutes of my running programme. No running tomorrow. If I'm not too lazy I'll drive to my nearby mini mountain range and look at some local geology. Or do nothing. Or run again. The nice winter weather is gone though.