JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote:
    Stop the time on my Garmin of course ;).
    Ha!, I'm sorry you are banged up, but great job focusing on the positive. Good warm pants aren't easy to find.
    yirara wrote: »
    How cold was is?
    17°C (62°F) here, nights have been getting cold.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited January 10
    Options
    Thanks @Scott6255 . I agree that a week is enough. I still didn't sleep good last night, so just feeling pretty exhausted at this point. I keep trying and hope tonight will be better. You are not a weenie.....well, if you are, so am I. :lol:

@martaindale I'm glad you are enjoying taper week. It sounds like you have a great plan for race day and the weather is going to be good for you. It will get cold when you are sweaty after the race.

Thanks @daria0919 . I hope your ankles feel better tomorrow. Nice run today. I guess the rest day worked. Do be careful with the tree limbs. It's scary to be running/walking and hear that crack.

Nice run @tarun_yadavA . Be careful in the ice. Do you have to drive to get places, or can you walk to get the things you need. Around here, in a rural area, we have to drive, so when they forecast ice/snow the grocery stores are swamped with people buying stuff - like it is going to be weeks before they can shop again. In reality, it is rarely 3 days. :lol:

Oh wow @laurz9191. Of course you stopped the Garmin first! :wink: I hope after the assessment and time has passed that you aren't too sore and your knee and palm are okay. That is very cold for a run.

Nice running @yirara .

@Mari33a Great job getting out and running when you really didn't feel like it. That takes a lot of gumption.

@kbrown1527 I hope the weather clears up and you can get out for a run later in the week.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,998 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kgirlhart . You are doing great running in the cold.

@emptydog I hope you feel better tomorrow and that you have a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Oh no. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well today @Scott6255 ! I hope you feel better tomorrow and that wearing your old shoes doesn't bother your legs. Sleep well.
  • elizury
    elizury Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ran on the treadmill last night since I couldn’t get out of bed in the morning. Flu shot and Covid booster on same day. Ugh! Walked outside this morning and it was like a sheet of glass. Snow yesterday mixed with rain equals sleet and ice. I was glad to be done. Took my time.

@tarun_yadavA Nice pace!! Good for you!

@quilteryoyo I love how committed you are to getting it done

@laurz9191 sorry you tripped. Glad there are no major injuries. Definitely a winter hazard.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,825 Member
    Options
    It's that time of year for trips and slips and flu and colds... sigh. I am trying very hard to be injury free. Some may say it's my #1 goal in fitness. LOL. I think that the small 10-12 min weight videos for my arms shoulders and back since last Aug every other day have helped and even though I was sore playing tennis last SUn after a month off and then playing hard I did not injure myself.

Yesterday's run was COLD and I want to say I saw something on the sidewalk across from me early in the run when it was still dark .. As I looked closer I could see it was a pepe le pew. He ran into a gutter/sewer so I did not have to worry about him. Then later I saw a HUGE hunk of a boy/man (think aquaman fit) running in the cold and wind with no shirt. I guess if you got it flaunt it. He was also as tan as mid summer. I did not catch his face to see if he was smiling for some reason.

aflou7fjgf37.png
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @martaindale soooo.... What's post run Pig out meal??

Such a Tarun question!! Honestly, a HM isn’t enough to make me feel any hungrier than normal so no pig out planned. Food in southern Louisiana is good and there are a lot of restaurants pretty close to my hotel so I’ll find something that sounds good that I can walk to. Probably brunch <3 since I’ll be done by 9-9:30.

@Laurz9191 Hope you’re still feeling ok after your fall.

@Mari33a Great job getting out and running when you really didn't feel like it. That takes a lot of gumption.

Agree but also, love the word choice! It’s not a word you hear often.

Looks like a lot of people are experiencing cold, icy weather. We have a big cold front coming in early next week where temps will be at or below freezing for almost 48 hours which probably sounds like no big deal to some of you but tends to be a pretty dramatic event in southern Texas. Our place in the hill country is supposed to see lows in the mid-teens so hopefully things stay dry. Ice is a major problem so if it stays dry and cold, that’s less of an issue. Our water bill will suffer for sure as we will have to keep faucets running for a while to keep pipes from freezing.
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,225 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Bank robber or winter runner?

Perhaps both. Shifty eyes!
    ;)
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    Bank robber or winter runner?

Perhaps both. Shifty eyes!
    ;)

@Laurz9191 haha... What @chris_in_cal said lol
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    @martaindale brunch! Of course! ... Such a Sarah thing! Lol.
    I'm sure you deserve a treat after all the hard work you have been putting in! 🙌🏽

PS: LA. Only went to New Orleans. Best thing I ate was a Shrimp Po'Boy! (Not a huge fan of etouffee ... And don't know if it's just me? But I thought those Beignets were the most overrated thing. Ever!)