JANUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea @polskagirl01 . My box is probably too far away, but you never know as the crow flies it might not be. Maybe you'll get some colder weather soon. :wink:

@chris_in_cal Poor baby. I feel so sorry for you having to put on your hoody. :lol:

Great running @yirara ! Those runs are so hard, but you hung in there. I hope the next one is easier. I hope you figure out how to get in some running next week.

You're doing great @Laurz9191 .

@shanaber I almost missed your post that you are on a spontaneous trip to Zion. Enjoy the view and snuggles!
  • tarun_yadavA
    tarun_yadavA Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    We are loving Zion as I knew we would. It is cold but so beautiful. Very relaxing. I did try to do a small (very small) little hike down a trail with carved steps and realized I was getting myself into a bad place. I really wanted to go down but after maybe a quarter way down I was feeling so unsteady I had to pocket my phone and hold onto the rocks to turn around and make my way back up to where Hobbes and Frank were waiting for me. It is frustrating that I was so strong and fit and now a few steps do me in... Oh well it will be my goal to get back to where I was.
    Photo dump under the spoiler - I couldn't just pick one or two. 😊
    rk855cpr6fcz.jpeg
    c2kesnn2sdmr.jpeg
    wh79qm7rhx2p.jpeg
    michuiap7721.jpeg
    bgj4myiou85p.jpeg
    1yhyzycce2l7.jpeg
    6px5da0r2qac.jpeg
    iirpb68aqnim.jpeg

@shanaber amazing! Id love to do that one day
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Garmin suggestions for the next 5 weeks leading up to my next race.
    I generally like structured coaching or a plan. My older Garmin 745 doesn't have the latest Garmin Race Day Widget -- Primary Race/Daily Suggested Workout stuff...I have been considering upgrading to a Forerunner 255 or better to get access to them. After using it for a bit, please give some feedback if you think it is really taking your "VO2 max. training history, training load, running miles, long runs, sleep" into consideration. Does it seem to be helpful.

For you visual learners, in the spoiler is the Garmin's Race Day Widget video.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    @chris_in_cal I'll let you know what I think. I also like having some structure most of the year. I have found I am more consistent if I have a plan on my calendar.