Jan 3 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 4 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 5 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 6 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 7 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 8 - Walked 3.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 9 - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 2.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 10 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 11 - Walked 4.10 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - driveway laps - actually a slow wog
    Jan 12 - Walked 2.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 13 - Walked 1.00 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 14 - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 0.00 miles - treadmill
    Jan 15 - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 2.50 miles - treadmill - Speed Play
    Jan 16 - Walked 1.50 miles - Ran 3.00 miles - treadmill - Foundation run

38.60/85.00 mile goal

I did a Foundation run on the treadmill today. I walked half a mile for warm up and a mile for cool down at 3.8 mph. The run was 5 min at 4.2mph, 10 min at 4.5 mph, 3 x (2/5 min at 4.0/4.6 mph), 2:12 min at 6.0 mph. My goal was to keep my HR under 142, which I did for the first 35 min. Avg pace was 13:24 min/mile. Avg HR was 129 with a max of 157bpm - hit at the end of the 6.0 mph run.

I also walked to the mailbox twice in 20F (-6.66C - hahah @tarun_yadavA ) temperature. I have signed up for the app that lets me know what I am getting in the mail each day. I was supposed to get some important stuff today, so I walked down at 3 and 4:30. Nothing. If it ran, he/she didn't stop at my box. So frustrating. My driveway is icy, so I doubt if I'll be driving anywhere this week.
    wvgqibkh8vy8.jpg
    This part of the driveway doesn't get much sun, so the snow/ice stays forever.

ypjymuxrlinu.jpg
    Tippy on the top of the hill in the first picture.

hndwuznbyuni.jpg
    The "main road" down the hill from where my mailbox is located.

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    Love the deer picture @Teresa502 . I'm impressed that you got out and ran 3 miles yesterday. Great job on getting the treadmill run in today. I'm not looking forward to tomorrow morning's temps. You definitely had a lot more snow than I did.

You are improving so much @yirara !

Nice treadmill run @Laurz9191 .

@martaindale I'm glad you aren't too banged up from the fall. Seems like the timing is perfect for some post race rest days.

You did great @SummerSkier !

Way to get it done @daria0919 .

Sorry for all the car trouble you had @Scott6255 . Glad you got it taken care of and got in a good TM run after work.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 6,004 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart Great job of getting out for a quick run. I don't blame you for not going any longer. Hopefully we will all get some warmer weather next week.

@tarun_yadavA You can complain about your weather if you wish. It's all relative.

@SummerSkier My dad and someone that had the same street number, but different street, used to get each other's VA medications all the time. They would call and exchange. I just hated that I walked a mile in those conditions yesterday for nothing. Hopefully it will come today.

@Teresa502 I wonder if that happened here. I have given my carrier permission to leave my mail at mom's if it is too icy at my box, after she slid in the ditch a few years back. But, as far as we could tell, they didn't run yesterday...or at least didn't stop at our boxes.

• Laurz9191
    Laurz9191 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    @
    yirara wrote: »
    Phew. Not a good run. Today every step felt like wading through custard. But I got a very nice long distance, despite it not being an easy run. And got a very nice time (for me).

Wading through custard. I like that description, even if it was a sticky situation :).

I suppose my run was much the same. It was beautiful and there was snow everywhere. Some of my run had compacted snow which was more slippery but a “faster” surface. Running on snow - for me at least - is significantly slower then not running on snow. About half the run was on loose snow which was a bit like running in sand (or custard :)). It took my butt about 90 minutes to thaw out after my run, which is the main reason why I’ve been opting for the treadmill so much lately. I ran 12.3km. I can’t decide if I want to do treadmill or snow tomorrow as it snowed a bunch more this afternoon and will only be deeper tomorrow. It will be beautiful slog if I can talk myself into going outside.

So far 110.3/200km for January. I feel like I have been working hard for everyone km this month.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,435 Member
    Options
    Laurz9191 wrote: »
    @
    yirara wrote: »
    Phew. Not a good run. Today every step felt like wading through custard. But I got a very nice long distance, despite it not being an easy run. And got a very nice time (for me).

Wading through custard. I like that description, even if it was a sticky situation :).

I suppose my run was much the same. It was beautiful and there was snow everywhere. Some of my run had compacted snow which was more slippery but a “faster” surface. Running on snow - for me at least - is significantly slower then not running on snow. About half the run was on loose snow which was a bit like running in sand (or custard :)). It took my butt about 90 minutes to thaw out after my run, which is the main reason why I’ve been opting for the treadmill so much lately. I ran 12.3km. I can’t decide if I want to do treadmill or snow tomorrow as it snowed a bunch more this afternoon and will only be deeper tomorrow. It will be beautiful slog if I can talk myself into going outside.

So far 110.3/200km for January. I feel like I have been working hard for everyone km this month.

Congrats on your nice run! My legs for some reason where just super heavy today and just lifting them up felt like I had lead in my shoe soles. Just a bad day. Happens every now and then.