October 10 lb Bootcamp Challenge

Options
October's almost here and many of you are starting to think about what you want your goals to be for this upcoming month - why not make it your goal to lose 10 lbs?? This is a challenge we have been doing since at least April and is a great way to meet new people and get a little added motivation and support. Here's what you gotta do...

1. Go to the spreadsheet link below and add your name and starting weight (if you've already done this challenge, your name is already there from September, so just add your starting weight).
2. Every Friday in October go BACK to the spreadsheet and input your updated weight. (There is already a formula set up to calculate weight lost, so just input your weight for the appropriate date).
3. Check back often for mini-challenges - there will be a new one posted every week - usually by Thursday evening so you're ready to go for Friday!

The theme for October is bootcamp - which means all of the mini-challenges will be centered around exercises you might find in a military style bootcamp. :happy:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApGWjN0Yz2hfdEdhTjhSMVV0djNMNmpQbjVSTGhlS3c&hl=en_US

Everyone have fun and I wish you luck!!

Replies

• TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Can I still participate if I weigh in on Saturday? This is the only day I weigh on. Thanks! :)
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! Thanks for doing this again!
  • jackiejax1981
    jackiejax1981 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    AHHH!!! How funny....I went to Basic Training during the month of October! LOL.
  • pain_is_weakness
    pain_is_weakness Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I was part of the september shred red team, I would love to join this CHALLENGE
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Just did on the list...after the bottom number though!
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ooooo! Sounds like fun!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Can I still participate if I weigh in on Saturday? This is the only day I weigh on. Thanks! :)

Absolutely! Just input your weight on the closest date.
  • kabatoff
    Options
    Can someone explain how it works... What do we have to do each week? ie.. exercise, diet, etc?
    I have not done this before?

Thanks,
    Janet
  • Athena413
    Options
    Just did on the list...after the bottom number though!

No problem - I can fix the formatting later - it's just too time consuming for me to enter everyone's info. MUCH easier if you guys are responsible for your own data - then the ones that really want to participate will and the ones that are just half-*kitten* into it get deleted after 2 consecutive weeks of no logging. :smile:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Can someone explain how it works... What do we have to do each week? ie.. exercise, diet, etc?
    I have not done this before?

Thanks,
    Janet

The ultimate goal is to lose 10 lbs during the month of October - I realize that not everyone will make that goal - but it's something to shoot for, at least. Your diet can be whatever you want, but obviously the better the choices you make, the better your results will be. Exercise is also up to you. If you have a schedule that you already go by and don't wish to participate in the mini-challenges, that's fine. If you want to do the mini-challenges on top of what you already do, that's fine. If you want to do only the mini-challenges...I think you get the picture. Whatever it takes for you to reach your goal is what you need to do. The only requirement I have is that you keep yourself accountable for logging your data. Oh - and I'd prefer you not doing something stupid like the HCG diet to get there - I'd rather people lose the weight naturally and in a healthy way. :smile:
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I AM IN!! I slacked off almost all of September :grumble: and desperately need to get back on track! My bday's Oct 25th and I'd love to be close to 10 lbs. lighter by then! :happy:
  • collinsellyson
    Options
    Great idea!!! I like this because I feel like people are keeping an eye on me holding me accountable!
  • sportiemom
    Options
    I'm in again! Had a great September month! Hoping to do it again in October! Thanks!
  • sboo
    sboo Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I enjoyed your challenges for septmeber, Still working on stairs. I will weigh in, when I way out this friday. Hoping to reach -10lbs.
  • jmanzano68
    jmanzano68 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Sounds like fun!:smile::smile:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump...You know I'm still here!
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    This looks great. Its my birthday month and what better gift to give myself than 10 lbs lifted off of me :)
  • nmerley
    nmerley Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Im in more for the bootcamp challenge then anything. I cant seem to loose 10lbs in a month but Im tryin. I guess its every little bit that counts.
  • Chellek81
    Chellek81 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been slacking off for the past week or so due to being sick. I need a little motivation to get back on track =) Hopefully I am feeling better by the first!
  • soulpopcorn
    Options
    I am new to MFP, this sounds like fun. Just hoping to get close to 10:smile:
    Oh, I weigh in on Thursday so I guess I'll post it then?