What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,812 Member
    edited January 13
    Options
    When my son decides to start for home just as the wind and snow are picking up again and he’s driving down from a ski mountain
    Home

Relief

When road condition & visibility got bad he pulled over and waited for a more experienced driver with a better car to come get him. They switched vehicles and crawled home. And then it stopped snowing
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,808 Member
    Options
    When my son decides to start for home just as the wind and snow are picking up again and he’s driving down from a ski mountain
    Home

Relief
    Glad to hear it 🤗
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,550 Member
    Options
    Home

Relief

When road condition & visibility got bad he pulled over and waited for a more experienced driver with a better car to come get him. They switched vehicles and crawled home. And then it stopped snowing

Glad to hear ☺️
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    Bitter cold is here and I procrastinated as usual so now I have no goose down to wear.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    It’s 2 degrees outside and it’s snowing.
    So gross 😖
  • cmsienk
    Options
    It’s 2 degrees outside and it’s snowing.
    So gross 😖
    I thought 6° was cold. That's what it was on my drive to the airport this morning. Stay warm!!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,056 Member
    Options
    Walking the half mile from the parking lot to my office in the snow and wind chills approaching -25F (-32C).
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I will not complain about the weather today. It's 52 F here in Charlotte and only 11 F back home.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    My car accumulating snow
    q5ae8i9l5qnc.jpeg
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Walking the half mile from the parking lot to my office in the snow and wind chills approaching -25F (-32C).

That’s a long walk. I did that for a couple of weeks a few years ago for a temp job. Cold, icy, windy, miserable. Even worse than the brutalist architecture was the brutal weather
  • meganlea33
    meganlea33 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I forgot my snow boots at the office last week had to shovel my car out in heels and get myself to work without my boots. But on the bright side the snow is sooooo pretty.
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Aside from not getting paid today...nothing really.
  • jbs116
    jbs116 Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Problematic eating and exercise habits garner applause on MFP.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I only eat puréed pineapples and cream of wheat to fuel my twice daily triathlons. CLAP FOR ME!!!

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    jbs116 wrote: »
    I only eat puréed pineapples and cream of wheat to fuel my twice daily triathlons. CLAP FOR ME!!!

👏 👏 👏
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    8ojs8ralkot0.gif
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Not irked. Pissed. I more or less just got my car back in pristine shape from a car accident a few months ago and was dropping off a bag from my sneaky grocery shopping trip and saw there's white paint and a dent on my car. On the side where I had all the other damage and the body shop took care of older mishaps.

I'm pretty sure this is from the person who parks next to me that doesn't know how to stay within the lines. I'm gonna check to see if my car's paint is on theirs and then....well, not sure. But I am SO pissed right now.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options
    My car will remain at the dealership all weekend.
    The service guy telling me that it’s a big deal to break down the engine.
    Yeah, DS, I know how engines work.
    🙄
    I pray that the lifter (which it will end up being) is on the side they replaced the last time I had to take it up there.
  • crazyhorse8
    crazyhorse8 Posts: 619 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    My car will remain at the dealership all weekend.
    The service guy telling me that it’s a big deal to break down the engine.
    Yeah, DS, I know how engines work.
    🙄
    I pray that the lifter (which it will end up being) is on the side they replaced the last time I had to take it up there.

Aww crap! That is not sounding good...if I was there, I would run you around in my rig! ❤️