What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,517 Member
    Options
    Hiccups
    I don’t know why but I get the hiccups at least once a day.
    They don’t last long but annoying none the less.
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    That it’s getting dark at 5pm.
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Political ads. Enough already. Especially the attack ads.
  • iggy93
    iggy93 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Retarded drivers
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,742 Member
    Options
    A cramp in my foot that won't go away
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I have a slow leak in my left rear tire. Left early this morning hoping to be first in line for getting it fixed. When I got here 10 minutes early, I met up with 4 people who got up earlier than I did. 😑
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    I have a slow leak in my left rear tire. Left early this morning hoping to be first in line for getting it fixed. When I got here 10 minutes early, I met up with 4 people who got up earlier than I did. 😑

Stupid earlier birds 😤
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2022
    Options

Stupid earlier birds 😤
    Right now I wish I was stupider. Also, I just noticed my name on the board in the waiting room and I see that my "promised time" is 10:56. I may have to walk to find coffee
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options

Stupid earlier birds 😤
    Right now I wish I was stupider. Also, I just noticed my name on the board in the waiting room and I see that my "promised time" is 10:56. I may have to walk to find coffee

That is a very long wait time. I hope you find something yummy in walking distance
  • cmsienk
    Options

Stupid earlier birds 😤

That is a very long wait time. I hope you find something yummy in walking distance
    Thanks! After waiting an hour (and with my car not having moved yet), I've walked half a mile to Panera Bread. Skipped the yummy stuff since I'm up two lbs, but I did get a latte. There's a Kohl's across the street. Think I'll wander through there since I don't do sitting and waiting very well.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Receiving a very nasty text about how my niece is in the hospital and I haven't expressed any "concern" or "reached out via text" to check on her.

Ok. Hear me out. NOBODY contacted me regarding this. My SIL response to this was - it's ALL over social media! Ohhhh, I see. Well, I'm not all over social media, and if you cared one *kitten* ounce about my feelings you would have picked up the *kitten* phone and informed me. WHY do I need FB/SC/Twitter to keep me in the loop. And why are you so hell bent on posting pictures of her in her hospital gown on social media. YOU are the very reason I don't have social media anymore.

End rant.

PS. I love me niece dearly, and she's totally ok.

PS2. I despise her mother
    This is why I have very little social media and zero contact with 97% of my family

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm over being the family peace keeper. It's utterly exhausting, and has done more harm to me than I care to admit.

I've walked away from so many toxic people in my life but thought that family was family. Unfortunately, I'm realizing that they don't have the same morals and values that I have. And it's time to start distancing myself from these relationships that cause me more stress and anxiety.

Would you like to come for Thanksgiving? I'll be
    sitting this one out this year....I feel a cold coming
    on

Heretofore I have successfully turned Thanksgiving into a stay at home event with just my nuclear family. Having kids was great for this. We eat, we bake, we play games, we watch movies.

Suddenly this year everyone’s coming out of the woodwork trying to get me to “reconnect.” Not only are they gossipy and judgemental, but they are also boring as beige.

I say: No to dressing “nicely.” No to watching football. No to divisive politics. No to sitting in a stuffy, overheated house. No to passive aggression & humble bragging. No no no. How is it even a holiday when it’s that terrible terrible?

My kids are old enough that if they want to go I will arrange that for them, but it’s a no for me.

No to "dressing" 🤔

I mean, I’ll put on pants if we can define the word loosely

No pants allowed!

@Peachesnstuff

Call Me

• Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options

Call Me

[/quote]

Motorsheen wrote: »
    Receiving a very nasty text about how my niece is in the hospital and I haven't expressed any "concern" or "reached out via text" to check on her.

Ok. Hear me out. NOBODY contacted me regarding this. My SIL response to this was - it's ALL over social media! Ohhhh, I see. Well, I'm not all over social media, and if you cared one *kitten* ounce about my feelings you would have picked up the *kitten* phone and informed me. WHY do I need FB/SC/Twitter to keep me in the loop. And why are you so hell bent on posting pictures of her in her hospital gown on social media. YOU are the very reason I don't have social media anymore.

End rant.

PS. I love me niece dearly, and she's totally ok.

PS2. I despise her mother
    This is why I have very little social media and zero contact with 97% of my family

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm over being the family peace keeper. It's utterly exhausting, and has done more harm to me than I care to admit.

I've walked away from so many toxic people in my life but thought that family was family. Unfortunately, I'm realizing that they don't have the same morals and values that I have. And it's time to start distancing myself from these relationships that cause me more stress and anxiety.

Would you like to come for Thanksgiving? I'll be
    sitting this one out this year....I feel a cold coming
    on

Heretofore I have successfully turned Thanksgiving into a stay at home event with just my nuclear family. Having kids was great for this. We eat, we bake, we play games, we watch movies.

Suddenly this year everyone’s coming out of the woodwork trying to get me to “reconnect.” Not only are they gossipy and judgemental, but they are also boring as beige.

I say: No to dressing “nicely.” No to watching football. No to divisive politics. No to sitting in a stuffy, overheated house. No to passive aggression & humble bragging. No no no. How is it even a holiday when it’s that terrible terrible?

My kids are old enough that if they want to go I will arrange that for them, but it’s a no for me.

No to "dressing" 🤔

I mean, I’ll put on pants if we can define the word loosely

No pants allowed!

@Peachesnstuff

Call Me

Promise to use your words this time? None of that heavy breathing?
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    When someone says to stop talking while they are talking cuz it’s rude but you were talking first.
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That the weather is getting colder and my hands are becoming dry. Like come on. The pastors prayed for me. You healed last year. Don’t come back.
  • cmsienk
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Mabe 20 minutes ago I walked by the toy department in Target where they were playing Moana on a TV built into a cabinet. Now I have Dwayne Johnson singing, "You're Welcome" stuck in my head.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    Mabe 20 minutes ago I walked by the toy department in Target where they were playing Moana on a TV built into a cabinet. Now I have Dwayne Johnson singing, "You're Welcome" stuck in my head.

I love that song sooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!

"Well....come to think of it" o/~
  • cmsienk
    Options
    I hate it when I proofread a post and miss a typo or bad auto correction...
  • Moijo02022
    Moijo02022 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My lack of physical ability 😤 but I take it and use it to be stubborn and not accept but adapt
  • cmsienk
    Options
    There are no outlets to charge my phone on either nightstand at this hotel 😑
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options
    keeping the peace is a trauma response
    BUT
    bringing up *kitten* is traumatic