What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Receiving a very nasty text about how my niece is in the hospital and I haven't expressed any "concern" or "reached out via text" to check on her.

Ok. Hear me out. NOBODY contacted me regarding this. My SIL response to this was - it's ALL over social media! Ohhhh, I see. Well, I'm not all over social media, and if you cared one *kitten* ounce about my feelings you would have picked up the *kitten* phone and informed me. WHY do I need FB/SC/Twitter to keep me in the loop. And why are you so hell bent on posting pictures of her in her hospital gown on social media. YOU are the very reason I don't have social media anymore.

End rant.

PS. I love me niece dearly, and she's totally ok.

PS2. I despise her mother
    This is why I have very little social media and zero contact with 97% of my family

I’m glad she’s OK
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,745 Member
    Options
    Receiving a very nasty text about how my niece is in the hospital and I haven't expressed any "concern" or "reached out via text" to check on her.

Ok. Hear me out. NOBODY contacted me regarding this. My SIL response to this was - it's ALL over social media! Ohhhh, I see. Well, I'm not all over social media, and if you cared one *kitten* ounce about my feelings you would have picked up the *kitten* phone and informed me. WHY do I need FB/SC/Twitter to keep me in the loop. And why are you so hell bent on posting pictures of her in her hospital gown on social media. YOU are the very reason I don't have social media anymore.

End rant.

This is why I have very little social media and zero contact with 97% of my family

I’m glad she’s OK
    This is why I also have very little social media.

I'm also glad she's okay.
  • Peachesnstuff
    Peachesnstuff Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK
    This is why I also have very little social media.

I'm also glad she's okay.

Thank you very much
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm over being the family peace keeper. It's utterly exhausting, and has done more harm to me than I care to admit.

I've walked away from so many toxic people in my life but thought that family was family. Unfortunately, I'm realizing that they don't have the same morals and values that I have. And it's time to start distancing myself from these relationships that cause me more stress and anxiety.

Would you like to come for Thanksgiving? I'll be sitting this one out this year....I feel a cold coming on

ETA - I tried to keep the family a unit bc I know the stress it put in my Mom when there was conflict. Guess what? Mom is no longer with us and I'm fkn over it
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,199 Member
    Options

End rant.

Yikes! So she can text you to berate you but not to let you know your niece is sick??? Clearly there's something wrong with her priorities what a *kitten*. Maybe you need to change your number and forget to let her know since she only seems to communicate important things through social media.
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

I'm getting to the point in my life where I'm over being the family peace keeper. It's utterly exhausting, and has done more harm to me than I care to admit.

I've walked away from so many toxic people in my life but thought that family was family. Unfortunately, I'm realizing that they don't have the same morals and values that I have. And it's time to start distancing myself from these relationships that cause me more stress and anxiety.

Would you like to come for Thanksgiving? I'll be sitting this one out this year....I feel a cold coming on

ETA - I tried to keep the family a unit bc I know
    the stress it put in my Mom when there was conflict. Guess what? Mom is no longer with us and I'm fkn over it

Yeah - ppl be crazy out there - social media is overrated- I like IG for the fact most peeps I know don’t post on there - so I only see stuff I’m interested in ?
  • Peachesnstuff
    edited November 2022
    Options

End rant.

Yikes! So she can text you to berate you but not to let you know your niece is sick??? Clearly there's something wrong with her priorities what a *kitten*. Maybe you need to change your number and forget to let her know since she only seems to communicate important things through social media.

This would be great in an ideal world. The last time I confronted her, my brother didn't speak to me for 4 years. My brother is more important than any revenge.

He has to sleep with her every night, not me.

ETA - if only I was AS important to my brother.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

Would you like to come for Thanksgiving? I'll be
    sitting this one out this year....I feel a cold coming
    on

Heretofore I have successfully turned Thanksgiving into a stay at home event with just my nuclear family. Having kids was great for this. We eat, we bake, we play games, we watch movies.

Suddenly this year everyone’s coming out of the woodwork trying to get me to “reconnect.” Not only are they gossipy and judgemental, but they are also boring as beige.

I say: No to dressing “nicely.” No to watching football. No to divisive politics. No to sitting in a stuffy, overheated house. No to passive aggression & humble bragging. No no no. How is it even a holiday when it’s that terrible terrible?

My kids are old enough that if they want to go I will arrange that for them, but it’s a no for me.

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

Heretofore I have successfully turned Thanksgiving into a stay at home event with just my nuclear family. Having kids was great for this. We eat, we bake, we play games, we watch movies.

Suddenly this year everyone’s coming out of the woodwork trying to get me to “reconnect.” Not only are they gossipy and judgemental, but they are also boring as beige.

I say: No to dressing “nicely.” No to watching football. No to divisive politics. No to sitting in a stuffy, overheated house. No to passive aggression & humble bragging. No no no. How is it even a holiday when it’s that terrible terrible?

My kids are old enough that if they want to go I will arrange that for them, but it’s a no for me.

I prefer to just gather with my immediate fam as well - I’d really prefer just to go to Applebees or some other restaurant than cooking - this year I am going to my bros - my mom and dad will be there - and we generally all get along - but I’d much prefer just going to a restaurant coming home watching the cowboys alone and napping lol

• TwitchyMagee
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

I prefer to just gather with my immediate fam as well - I’d really prefer just to go to Applebees or some other restaurant than cooking - this year I am going to my bros - my mom and dad will be
    there - and we generally all get along - but I’d much prefer just going to a restaurant coming home watching the cowboys alone and napping lol

I can completely understand that. I prefer to eat at home because my food is gooooooooood 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,199 Member
    Options

End rant.

This would be great in an ideal world. The last time I confronted her, my brother didn't speak to me for 4 years. My brother is more important than any revenge.

Ooooh it's a sister in law. I have one of those to whom I am the devil because I reach out and she doesn't reply yet I'm supposed to keep doing so?

Hopefully you can just communicate through your brother. Man in laws suck
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options

End rant.

Why didn't your brother let you know?
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

End rant.

Ooooh it's a sister in law. I have one of those to whom I am the devil because I reach out and she doesn't reply yet I'm supposed to keep doing so?

End rant.

Because the sil is the "messenger"
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

No to "dressing" 🤔
  • TwitchyMagee
    edited November 2022
    Options

End rant.

End rant.

probably because like in many cis het couples, keeping track of holidays and birthdays and doctors appointments and everything else falls to the woman whether she’s good at it or not.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

No to "dressing" 🤔

I mean, I’ll put on pants if we can define the word loosely
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

End rant.

End rant.

probably because like in many cis het couples keeping track of holidays and birthdays and doctors appointments and everything else falls to the woman whether she’s good at it or not.

This!
  • Peachesnstuff
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

No to "dressing" 🤔

No pants allowed!
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

End rant.

I’m glad she’s OK

Than you ♥️

on

No to "dressing" 🤔

No pants allowed!
    Phew! I’m glad we’re on the same page