What irks you today?

Options

Replies

• cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    Options
    The new dental assistant kept calling me Honey and Hun... today it just really set my teeth on edge 😖😬😆
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    cmsienk wrote: »
    The new dental assistant kept calling me Honey and Hun... today it just really set my teeth on edge 😖😬😆

Do you prefer ma’am ?
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    i need to shake this bad feeling and i only have 1 hour before i have to be people-ready

Sometimes giving myself an extra good teeth brushing helps.

okay this is worth a try
    i need to shake this bad feeling and i only have 1 hour before i have to be people-ready

❤️ Deep breathing..you got this

♥️

I hope it was not as bad as anticipated
  • cmsienk
    cmsienk Posts: 17,701 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Do you prefer ma’am ?
    Thank you. That's so much better ☹
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Do you prefer ma’am ?
    Thank you. That's so much better ☹

Sorry - if it makes you feel any better - I usually say yes/no ma’am when answering any woman - my mom - coworker - random lady - doesn’t matter - maybe a Texas thing idk -
  • ermengarde22
    ermengarde22 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Options

okay this is worth a try

♥️

thanks friend, i cut our early and went home bc too much on my mind

a nap will surely be a good idea and not make me mad at all
  • watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options

okay this is worth a try

♥️

Don't sleep through the spooky stuffs
  • ermengarde22
    Options

okay this is worth a try

♥️

no worries, the monsters never let me sleep for long

• watch_out_for_that_tree
    Options

okay this is worth a try

♥️

no worries, the monsters never let me sleep for long

You need more meddling kids around when you sleep

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,589 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ok 3 in 1.

1) I was actually nice one day when the woman who parks next to me in my apt complex asked if someone could use my spot. I just told her sure but be out of there by 2:00 since I was leaving work early.

This morning she says good morning and something like "you come home at 2:00"? I snapped at her and said don't make it a habit.

I would have brought up how, if the person needs to park in someone else's spot, they shouldn't be parking in our lot at all but I was too irritated and on my way to work.

2) There was this Beignet food truck that was parked outside our office complex and I thought "not today, maybe next time". Next time turned out to be a year later.

It was hot and I had already gotten my drink and I, forgetting about the year gap, said, next time.

Now, every time, I walk by the place they were parked (which is every day) I look for it :)

3) Where in the heck is @ReenieHJ? She takes off for a week, realizes she can live without mfp, and now goes off all willy nilly whenever she wants?? :)

Well…. I ummmm. Hope you feel better bud

Meant to come back to this :)

I'm not REALLY irked at Reenie escaping or the beignet food truck. I mean, think of all the calories I'm saving by it not being there! :)

I *am* still irked at that woman in my building. And the dogs *sigh*. We're supposed to be dog-free. And a certain woman is inconsiderate when it comes to hers.
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    @glassyo I had to Google what a beignet is. I'm not particularly into sweet foods but that truck looks like a mobile temptation center.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,589 Member
    Options
    _Dan1985 wrote: »
    @glassyo I had to Google what a beignet is. I'm not particularly into sweet foods but that truck looks like a mobile temptation center.

Ooo I think I just found the website YOU found. Our food truck has just plain ole beignets. But, hey! Still carbs! :)
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    Employer informed everyone today that the price of medical insurance for next year is going to increase by at least 10%. I’ve already spent a fortune this year and I’m going to have at least one more medical bill before the year is out.

Here’s an unpopular opinion: if someone’s sick they should worry about getting better, not worry about how they’re going to pay for their medical care.

But you may get a cost of living increase of 3% so that makes up for it right??

• ermengarde22
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Employer informed everyone today that the price of medical insurance for next year is going to increase by at least 10%. I’ve already spent a fortune this year and I’m going to have at least one more medical bill before the year is out.

Here’s an unpopular opinion: if someone’s sick they should worry about getting better, not worry about how they’re going to pay for their medical care.

ohhhh about that, the thing is, the message from corporate is to cutback all unnecessary pay bumps due to the recession, i know we reported record profits this quarter but we need to think *long-term, big picture* right now, so we’ll be temporary stalling any COL increases in order to avoid employee layoffs in the future.
    here’s a gift card for landrys tho.
  • cowsfan12
    Options

ohhhh about that, the thing is, the message from corporate is to cutback all unnecessary pay bumps due to the recession, i know we reported record profits this quarter but we need to think *long-term, big picture* right now, so we’ll be temporary stalling any COL increases in order to avoid employee layoffs in the future.
    here’s a gift card for landrys tho.

Thank you oh wonderful employer - enjoy your stock option bonus that’s not technically income so it doesn’t count right - 😉 secrets safe with me
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    YouTube ads.
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,189 Member
    Options
    The way the province treats teachers. The poor kids who are already falling behind with test scores from shutdowns during the pandemic are going to be falling even farther behind
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,475 Member
    Options
    When I have a lovely dream, I forget it almost immediately upon awakening.
    Had a really crappy dream last night and haven’t been able to forget it.
    🤬
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    Well water. Two large holding tanks. Automatic flush outs. A big family that likes clean clothes & showers.