WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Worked, answered an email from my friend in Switzerland who has the cancer. I didn’t know it but she was saying that between the thrombosis and edema, she has to keep the lower part of her legs wrapped in elastic bandages. Personally, I know she wants to come to the US next year, but I don’t know. I’m certainly not going to say that to her.

Went for my walk around the neighborhood. I did take an umbrella with me but, fortunately, it just misted a tiny bit and then stopped. Raining right now

Lisa – the furniture looks great, but the picture would have even been better shirtless….lol Rebecca had the right idea

Made two batches of fudge. See, they’re celebrating the January birthdays on Tuesday at ceramics. Since we don’t get there until 6, I try to bring something that either I can bring on Monday that doesn’t need to be refrigerated and Jody can put it out. But since there isn’t any ceramics Mon I am making something that I can bring then. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can make. It needs to be something that doesn’t require refrigeration.

Heather – great blurb.

Ginny – how wonderful if your kids moved closer to you

Annie – I don’t know how you do it. If I were in your situation, I’d be stress eating all day. I was also wondering if there was a “tracker” that he can maybe wear, like the Lifeline thing where you can push a button if you fall down. I know there is some sort of tracker that you can put on your cat. Can you attach something like that to his clothing? Listen to Allie. You know, I just thought of something. My doctor has this thing in the Patient Portal where I can send him a message. Does your dad’s doctor have that. Would you be able to send the doctor a message telling him things that you don’t want your dad to know that you’re telling the MD but that the MD should be aware of?

Kylia – HUG

Lanette – thanks for posting that link. It’s not what I had envisioned, it’s better. I want to check more into it, so I bookmarked it for the future.

Made some protein waffles to have later in the week since I realized that I don’t have any

Lisa – woohoo – ANOTHER refund. What a good review of Home Depot

pip - say, can you come down to our condo and redecorate it, or at least give me ideas?

Kylia – a bite of yogurt is a start. Tomorrow it may be two bites.

It’s funny – when it affects Jess, she has to know to the exact minute exactly when things are to happen. Like when we go to FL, she has it planned that on Thursday we’ll do this, Fri this, the races are sat and Sun and we’ll leave Mon open in case the race is rained out. If it isn’t, then we’ll do this. Tuesday we’ll do this. Yet, when it doesn’t affect her but it does us, she will say “oh, I don’t know”. Like today, should we wait to have dinner with her? I don’t know.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    edited January 27
    Options

:) For anyone who is interested in "Atomic Habits", this is a good shortish video that could be useful.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,545 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Worked, answered an email from my friend in Switzerland who has the cancer. I didn’t know it but she was saying that between the thrombosis and edema, she has to keep the lower part of her legs wrapped in elastic bandages. Personally, I know she wants to come to the US next year, but I don’t know. I’m certainly not going to say that to her.

Went for my walk around the neighborhood. I did take an umbrella with me but, fortunately, it just misted a tiny bit and then stopped. Raining right now

Lisa – the furniture looks great, but the picture would have even been better shirtless….lol Rebecca had the right idea

Made two batches of fudge. See, they’re celebrating the January birthdays on Tuesday at ceramics. Since we don’t get there until 6, I try to bring something that either I can bring on Monday that doesn’t need to be refrigerated and Jody can put it out. But since there isn’t any ceramics Mon I am making something that I can bring then. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what else I can make. It needs to be something that doesn’t require refrigeration.

Heather – great blurb.

Ginny – how wonderful if your kids moved closer to you

Annie – I don’t know how you do it. If I were in your situation, I’d be stress eating all day. I was also wondering if there was a “tracker” that he can maybe wear, like the Lifeline thing where you can push a button if you fall down. I know there is some sort of tracker that you can put on your cat. Can you attach something like that to his clothing? Listen to Allie. You know, I just thought of something. My doctor has this thing in the Patient Portal where I can send him a message. Does your dad’s doctor have that. Would you be able to send the doctor a message telling him things that you don’t want your dad to know that you’re telling the MD but that the MD should be aware of?

Kylia – HUG

Lanette – thanks for posting that link. It’s not what I had envisioned, it’s better. I want to check more into it, so I bookmarked it for the future.

Made some protein waffles to have later in the week since I realized that I don’t have any

Lisa – woohoo – ANOTHER refund. What a good review of Home Depot

pip - say, can you come down to our condo and redecorate it, or at least give me ideas?

Kylia – a bite of yogurt is a start. Tomorrow it may be two bites.

It’s funny – when it affects Jess, she has to know to the exact minute exactly when things are to happen. Like when we go to FL, she has it planned that on Thursday we’ll do this, Fri this, the races are sat and Sun and we’ll leave Mon open in case the race is rained out. If it isn’t, then we’ll do this. Tuesday we’ll do this. Yet, when it doesn’t affect her but it does us, she will say “oh, I don’t know”. Like today, should we wait to have dinner with her? I don’t know.

Michele NC

I look at a place, I immediately get ideas
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,701 Member
    edited January 27
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Well i guess I overdid it today as I slept most of the afternoon.but thats ok.. tomorrow I will work on the kitchen counter and clean that up.. and in the kitchen and put clean sheets on the bed and ,then things should be set.
    Had a nice chat with my brother on the phone ,we don't see each other alot but we love each other for sure.
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Short walk w/family- 1hr 21min 31sec, 29elev, 2.91ap, 79ahr, 92mhr, 4.01mi= 391c
    Strava app= 492c

Short walk , had to get home to meet a guy who we hired to fix our wall after we removed the wall mirrors that were there, came out great!
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »

:) For anyone who is interested in "Atomic Habits", this is a good shortish video that could be useful.

Barbie - that was excellent, thanks for sharing. Many, many good ideas on how to become someone who exercises, eats better, and is healthier.

Lanette B)
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,868 Member
    edited January 28
    Options
    Machka: I am so amazed at how active you are and all your many interests! I am all in on the yoga retreat so probably won't know the pace until I get there! I will just have to do yoga every day and go from there.

Best,
    Rosemarie from Georgia

I was thinking you could take an in-person class now to get some practice. :)

kymarai wrote: »
    The difference between a great book and one that doesn't grab my attention.....1 day start to finish vs 4 days to get in 25 pages. :) I started book 2 of the series last night, then realized it was midnight and I needed to sleep-lol!

<3
    Kylia inOhio on day 6 of no sun and lots of rain

What book are you reading?

Well done, Heather!

Machka in Oz

• pipcd34
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    So I just finished "Stillhouse Lake" by Rachel Caine. It is book one of 6. Started book 2 last night, but not far in it yet.
    Steps done. Keeping track of heart rate. Noticed unexplainable high (178) rate from yesterday morning. I was sitting in a chair playing on phone waiting to leave for work. Looked at history and found one other time it did that. I wrote the dates to share with cardiologist who I see February 15th. It happened tonight but I was slow jogging while watching TV. It only did it once in spite of 4 times jogging. Food for thought. I didn't feel them.

DH has not had a beer tonight. Happy wife!

I worked on cross stitch for an hour.

Grocery stores tomorrow. Ugh. Need to do some work paperwork/training as well.

Time for sleep.

Machka Congrats on organizing a fun ride and being on radio. Love the middle age quotes!

Good night, Sleep well!
    Kylia in Ohio listening to the thunder and rain
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited January 28
    Options
    Allie - Fabulous photo! :p<3 How lovely to have it. I have very few of my late teenage/early twenties. Only a couple from uni. Too busy living to stop and take photos! My friend L found a couple for me and I'm so glad to have them.

Lisa - You have been so amazing getting that sunroom over the hump. Both of you! Those projects often drag on, but you have both shown determination. I hope you get many chances to share it together. <3<3

Machka - And the same thoughts to you and your DH. Well done for getting that race accomplished. Lots of hard work and discipline required. :):) Especially when you are not feeling so great.

Tracey - is mudding the same thing as plastering? So glad it's going ahead at last! What a relief!

Much love to all. Serenity prayer.
    Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited January 28
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Tracey there is a way to burn out the filler threads of velvet leaving the supporting mesh showing almost like a cutout. That's what I think of for see through velvet. Sounds pretty!

Dad's clothes are getting sloppy. Mom used to keep him presentable but he won't listen to me. His tie was tied wrong this morning. I made him redo it, but then the skinny end was too long and he refused to try again. Oh well church won't care. At least his hearing aids are charged. Last night he was trying to put batteries in them again.

I had a lovely lunch with Craig. I had fried fish. We talked about ethics for artificial intelligence and whether I should write again, of sailing ships and sealing wax, so to speak. It was good to get my head out of caregiver space.

Thank you all for your comments and support about Dad. I will do more research on GPS trackers ( although he would need one for each coat.) And see about local help. There is a senior center he could walk to. It's just getting him to go.

Last night we actually talked about me some! He didn't have his hearing aids, so it was shallow and one-sided. He asked if I might find another husband. Not in our kitchen I won't!

It's going to rain all day here. I might do some yoga, you are inspiring me!

Annie in Delaware