WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Margaret glad things went well. Thinking of you!

Annie in Delaware
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,366 Member
    Options
    Kelly - thanks for the update on your DD's move. It will be fun when she comes to visit, maybe you two can tour some neighborhoods ;) and she can get a feel for some good places they'd like.

I remember when physical tasks started to get hard for my DH, I'd volunteer to jump in and do them - like push the garbage can to the curb, shovel snow, etc. It wasn't until the last year of his life that he'd let me. He still needed to be able to feel useful until then, even though it was a struggle and painful and he'd complain a little. He relied heavily on the weed-like substance that shall not be named here for relief. It probably didn't help his dementia but at that point, I didn't think it mattered anymore. :(

Joy - So glad to hear your TV situation got settled. We dumped Direct TV when high speed internet came onboard, and it's been fine. Saved us a lot of money. And good that your weather is nice enough that you can walk be outside with the dogs again. Bet Miss Lucy really appreciates it. I wonder if the severe cold is over for the winter or if we're in for another dose?

Margaret - glad the funeral is over and everything went well, and that you had help.

Rebecca - it's fun hearing about your preparations for the boys. :) Love the car story.

Carol - sorry to hear BIL is ill. He's had a lot of challenges the past month or so. Wishing him well.

Squat question - I went to move the 20# container of cat litter from the garage to the shop this morning. Wondered what it would be like to grab the thing and slowly lift it up and set it down by only bending and straightening at my knees, back straight. Is that a type of squat? Whatever it was, I need to do it more often. I did ten reps and I could really feel it.

5K - this morning I messaged my buddy T and asked her if she'd like to do a walk/run 5K with me on March 16th with the "Run Amok" group. We used to have a small walking group that would meet once a week 7 or 8 years ago. She said YES! and we'll try to get as many of the old group together as possible. I hope the weather is nice (no snow, ice or pouring rain) so we can show up. And encourage each other. We are probably all at different levels.

Caught up for now. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,262 Member
    Options
    Margaret - So glad the day went well. <3 What a time you have been through. Thinking of you.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,581 Member
    Options
    Kelly - thanks for the update on your DD's move. It will be fun when she comes to visit, maybe you two can tour some neighborhoods ;) and she can get a feel for some good places they'd like.

I remember when physical tasks started to get hard for my DH, I'd volunteer to jump in and do them - like push the garbage can to the curb, shovel snow, etc. It wasn't until the last year of his life that he'd let me. He still needed to be able to feel useful until then, even though it was a struggle and painful and he'd complain a little. He relied heavily on the weed-like substance that shall not be named here for relief. It probably didn't help his dementia but at that point, I didn't think it mattered anymore. :(

Joy - So glad to hear your TV situation got settled. We dumped Direct TV when high speed internet came onboard, and it's been fine. Saved us a lot of money. And good that your weather is nice enough that you can walk be outside with the dogs again. Bet Miss Lucy really appreciates it. I wonder if the severe cold is over for the winter or if we're in for another dose?

Margaret - glad the funeral is over and everything went well, and that you had help.

Rebecca - it's fun hearing about your preparations for the boys. :) Love the car story.

Carol - sorry to hear BIL is ill. He's had a lot of challenges the past month or so. Wishing him well.

Squat question - I went to move the 20# container of cat litter from the garage to the shop this morning. Wondered what it would be like to grab the thing and slowly lift it up and set it down by only bending and straightening at my knees, back straight. Is that a type of squat? Whatever it was, I need to do it more often. I did ten reps and I could really feel it.

5K - this morning I messaged my buddy T and asked her if she'd like to do a walk/run 5K with me on March 16th with the "Run Amok" group. We used to have a small walking group that would meet once a week 7 or 8 years ago. She said YES! and we'll try to get as many of the old group together as possible. I hope the weather is nice (no snow, ice or pouring rain) so we can show up. And encourage each other. We are probably all at different levels.

Caught up for now. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Re squat question- yes
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Housecleaning etc- 3hrs 38min 21sec, vacuum, dust, laundry fold/put away, clean outdoor grill and cover, change bedsheets, mop/clean up master bathroom, make/refill hummingbird food, etc= 1010c
    Walk to store and back- 19.53min, 13elev, .82mi= 91c
    Strava app= 101c

Total cal 1101
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,480 Member
    Options
    Margaret-my thoughts have been with you these past few days. I am glad the funeral went smoothly. He is looking at you with a thumbs up sign I just know it.💖👍🏼 Big hugs!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Debbie, so sad to read that your mom's little dog passed away. I'm sure it is hard for all involved.

Margaret, so glad the day went well. Thoughts are with you.

Lanette, hoping the severe weather is behind us but you never know. Miss Lucy is very pleased to spend more time exploring outside.

Joy
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,732 Member
    Options
    Evening ladies
    Im tucked in clean sheets and Alfie is under the covers..happy camper..
    Took a shower and am relaxing and watching Hometown and will watch All Creatures after that.and then to sleep..
    Please keep Tracy in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow is a very important day for her.
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,363 Member
    Options
    Did the Kettleworx Core DVD, took my walk around the neighborhood, then went to WalMart. Jess left to go back. Helping Vince put away some totes for Christmas ornaments

Lanette – I put that weighted vest on my Christmas list. I can survive until then, but I think it would be beneficial

M – congrats on being on the radio. What a thrill. I think at one time or another I’ve said every one of those sayings.

Ordered Corelleware dishes for Jess for her birthday and some for Colby. I know that he won’t mind getting something like that for his birthday. I do want her to have a set of matching dishes. Right now she’s using a mish-mosh of plates that I got at the Salvation Army. But it was good enough for St. Kitts and Iowa, but now I think she needs something more. I’m also going to make her a serving dish with a decal of a wolf on it. She likes wolves. I may also make a smaller one for Colby.

Lisa – great that Corey gave up the hard stuff. That says a lot about him

KJ – March is only 2 months away. Sorry they aren’t moving sooner, but at least they will

Heather – big congrats on your book

Carol – oh no, BIL has Covid. One more thing, huh?

Rebecca – that’s how I found out Vince had bought a Tiburon (which he’s since traded in for the Genesis). I got a call from the insurance co about it. HUH????? They must have thought I was out of it.

Debbie – I’m so glad you were there with your mom when the dog passed. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Michele NC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options
    l93skssd1hg0.png
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,766 Member
    Options
    Allie- what a great photo!

Heather - I agree about fewer photos when we were younger. I think there were a few reasons besides us being busy. Film was expensive, we didn’t have cameras at our fingertips all the time and we ended up behind the camera a lot.
    I am not 100% sure. When I think of plastering I think of the whole wall being plastered. Mudding is filling the cracks and screw heads on the drywall/gyproc.
    We had plaster and lathe walls growing up and it was much thicker than the mud compound.

Annie - Happy to read you go out for a bit, it’s so important.
    Your Dad is of the generation that he may think you “need a man to take care of you”. He may be worried that he won’t be there to do it.
    We all know we don’t need it and sometimes would probably be easier not to, but it’s sweet he’s asking.

Lanette - I have been talking since 2020 of using Mom’s and Grammie’s diaries to write a book for my girls about the memories of my youth that their writing conjures. I’ve finally decided the years I’m going to do and I have a plan formulated in my head. I just need to get at it.

There were a lot of weather related days, what they had for supper, where/what Dad/Grampie were doing type of days.

😂 I literally laughed out loud at the idea of the hens listening to recess being over.

Lisa - what a productive day yesterday. I don’t know how those cans end up expiring. I’m not even sure that they actually do. Isn’t that a lot of what gets stored for years in a safety bunker for people that think that way? Do they clean it out and throw things away every couple of years?
    We have spray foam insulation in strategic places for stopping mice too. We had a few when we moved here and I am not willing to put up with it.
    Your blue cabinet gave me an idea of how I want to paint the house. I’m going to have to wait until next week but I have the plan in place now.
    I love your change to the pantry.

I am so fortunate that Rodger does not drink on a regular basis at all. We buy a pint when we go camping but that’s about once a year. I was with a guy that drank before him and that’s one reason he doesn’t, the other is that he grew up with a Dad that drank and he won’t admit it but I know from other family members it was hard.
    His vice is smoking. I wish he would stop that. He’s starting to cough a lot when he’s laying down and it bothers me. I know I can’t force him to stop it, he needs to decide on his own.

Heather - I ordered your book! It should be here tomorrow.

Margaret - you worked hard to make it a beautiful service. I hope you can find some quiet time soon.

Rebecca - I admire how you clean a room! I can’t imagine DH doing something like that, he only ever goes to the hardware store or Canadian Tire. He has been known to drop some bucks in there though.
    I think your sons will appreciate a Christmas night. What fun!

Joy - isn’t this weather beautiful! It’s so going to hurt when it gets cold again, which I’m sure it will before Spring.

Lanette - I know a lot of people that use “the weed that shall not be named” for pain relief. Some doctors are even recommending it here.

Ginny - I’m so blessed to have it, I just don’t know what to do with all of it. I am thinking of sending some to the provincial archives in NB. Maybe some long distant relative would appreciate it.
    When the next generations are small, and your grandparents are both the baby in the family I guess it falls to you naturally.

I didn’t do much today but laundry and run to Dollar Tree.
    I bought stuff for Lauryn’s party next week. I also picked up a few things for Kaitlyn’s scrapbook.
    2nd coat of mudding was done today, he’ll come back tomorrow to do the 3rd coat then Tuesday for the sanding I assume. I’m so excited.

Tracey in Edmonton