Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,576 Member
    Options
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    While I anticipate starting another novel before the end of the month, I highly doubt I'll finish it.

So ... in January, I read these books! I couldn't do much in the way of exercise or gardening, so I read.

ywm0jwp7nrbo.png

Machka in Oz

Love Clive Cussler! Dirk Pitt is like a more scruffy 007 plus his sidekick ( Al Giordino) is hilarious, yet endearing. The only thing that is frustrating is that I can't put his books down. The way he writes makes you NEED to read the next chapter! So my life pretty much stops, 2 days go by that nothing is accomplished but my adventure with my handsome Dirk.🤗💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    While I anticipate starting another novel before the end of the month, I highly doubt I'll finish it.

So ... in January, I read these books! I couldn't do much in the way of exercise or gardening, so I read.

ywm0jwp7nrbo.png

Machka in Oz

You beat me! I only finished 5 books in January! LOL. Good job Machka!

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,878 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Machka that's interesting that you flow charted your writing. I could get a cork bulletin board and do that on paper. I don't know where I could put a bulletin board though. Hmm.

I'm not driven to write, I just do it to entertain myself sometimes. It stretches my little brain. Maybe I could look for a journal of writing exercises. Hmm.

Meanwhile I have to take my Dad to the dermatologist this morning. Not fun, but not terrible either. Then work on my Mom's wallet, and then groceries.

And yes I will be on my dad's account starting tomorrow so i can get more involved. Hope it works out.

Have a great day ladies!

Annie in Delaware

On writing I’ve always enjoyed writing, but never did it for a book or short story. I do however, at the moment Have 4 different journals going! 3 of then have writing prompts in them. My daughter got me started on those a long time ago with a book she gave me for Christmas one year Called “300 Writing Prompts”. This one works on my sanity. I have another I am using to reinforce my sobriety, it also has prompts. Another I have is a coloring/journal book of the 12 Steps (I’m working on step 8 right now), and I started another journal to track my DH’s moods/activities to see if I can find a trend in his moods (narcissist/alcoholic). If I find what he says or does to trigger my emotional response, I can or should be able to adjust my response to where I don’t get sorry for myself or feel guilty if I read and write these things, when I re-read what I wrote, I can see where the pattern lies.

I’ve been told many times I should be a writer, but never tried to do it. I like to write, but don’t think I could write a whole book, possibly if I do like Heather and use my journals, IDK. I’ve been doing diaries and journal since I was a kid, but didn’t save them all.

RVRita
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,057 Member
    Options
    Vicki sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it heals quickly!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 1hr 53min 10sec, 50elev, 2.96ap, 80ahr, 112mhr, 5.68mi= 593c
    Strava app= 697c
    Walk to store and back- 25.14min 19elev, 3.01ap, 84ahr, 98mhr, 1.27mi= 122c
    Strava app= 156c

Working on the bathroom still, no gym or spin

Total cal 715
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »
    Allie--Yes we do watch chasing classic cars and several of the other ones. Love seeing the older cars.
    Rebecca--I can feel your excitment about DYS visit and so happy for you. I understand about going out for stamps and coming home with a car. That is why I tell DH he can not retire until I do as when I am working he is home he tends to go shopping. For anything from clothes to motorcycle.
    Lanette--HUGS!
    Rosemarie--Great news about the grant. Sounds like fun.
    Annie--How scary. I agree he has a mind of his own and you can only do so much. Interesting question your dad asked about you finding a husband. First thing that came to mind is he aftraid you will find someone and leave him a lone? Just a thought.
    Kylia--Sorry to hear the news about DH's health and his sleeping so much. Pray the doctor can get him to listen. My heart is doing the same thing. The 48 hours I wore the monior it stayed down. It only does it once in a while and I am usually not doing anything. Most the time I don't feel much just a light fluder.
    Heather--Great news about your book. Looking forward to it.
    Margaret--Sounds like a real nice service.
    Debbie--So sorry about your mom's furbaby.
    Am all caught up and glad everyone is keeping busy. This past week has been one thing after another. We did get away 2 days for a CMA event, but my shoulder has decided it is not happy and can not breath deep or move. Went to doctor yesterday and he said nothing is broken, badly pulled. So not sleeping well.
    But the weather is beautiful at 50 degrees and snow is melting all over.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3

Sorry about your shoulder! Do you have "Tiger Balm" muscle oinment? That always works well for my sore or pulled muscles.🤗🙏
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Options
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    2iq5f87pqp5r.jpg

great photo!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening all:

Nothing new to report here. Didn't get anything I planned done at work yet was somehow busy all day. PT went well. Gave me another dry needling. The pain had reduced from last week (Friday) and therapist thought another was in order to try to convince foot differently! Not feeling bad right now. I think support stockings help-need to figure out best compression level.

Have to go do preregistration for medical appointments tomorrow and send a couple of emails.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,201 Member
    Options
    ☘️