Serial Starters

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,955 Member
    edited January 28
    za2zvvdstnar.jpeg
    *** January 28 ***

Happy Sunday everyone~~

Sara - so good to hear that you are getting your walking in!

Maureen! Glad you are back! Your grandson is adorable.

Missy! Yes, these signs of spring are a tease - but it is still January, so the snow will still come, up north. Dang!

I must walk today. I must walk today. I must walk today........

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    Good morning, all. I've been up since about 4 am--my usual waking time now. I love it, b/c I get to have time to myself before work. I'm going to start getting in a bit of a walk with Skye before work--it'll be dark, and it won't be much, but my goal is 5 mi/day and when I start early, I'm so much more likely to get it done. I get in about 2 mi/day at work/school, so that helps too. But I sure love my time outside whenever it happens.

We have had SUCH a deluge here in Charlotte. The past 6 weeks or so, and esp this month. They canceled school 1 day less than a week after winter break ended b/c of the forecast for bad storms and potential tornados. A number of local roads were damaged by flash floods. Given how much rain we've had, I would not be surprised if there were mudslides and/or more road damage. I hope it's over now.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, and thanks for the kind comments on my sweet grandbaby.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 29
    mdeav1ywq06k.jpeg
    *** January 29 ***

Good morning all~~

Well, the sun has decided to come out today - I am grateful.

Maureen, I didn't realize that Charlotte had gotten so much rain. I don't have TV, so I don't get those "big picture" weatherman forecasts. Hang in there with that.

I've got to get in the shower. The HVAC people are coming this morning to start the new installation.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,378 Member
    Good evening,

2/14 fundraiser is going along well, I have 6 ladies and myself to donate baked goods including 2 gift cards for home made cheese cakes. I have 30 hearts and 15 angels.

I also need to benefit from a good hot shower, then see if I can do crocheting and then lights out.

Nice that the boss took a long weekend. I hope she had a good time.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 30
    1gvvkmyc9qel.jpeg
    *** January 30 ***

Hey there everybody~~

I am celebrating right now--having a new working heating/cooling system in the ol' house. Whew.
    They were here this morning and finished it up.

Sara - hot showers are such a treat really. Your Valentine's charity work is wonderful--very generous of you and it brings wonderful returns for your spirit 🩷 🤗

My area is blessed with a full day of sunshine - after the gray we've had, I am so grateful for this up-lift!

Waves to all who stop by to say hello~~

Lana

267.4 today
  • Lamb2113
    Lamb2113 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, do y’all have room for one more person in this group? This is my third time trying ,I was doing really well for about a year. I lost a little over 37 lbs then got under some stress and fell back into poor eating habits.
  • LanaCabana537
    eeaklo82q7ac.png
    *** January 31 ***

Welcome to Lamb 2113 🌼 Please do stop by whenever you'd like. We all just help each other along 👍🏻

I'm getting here late today - this morning was busy, and then I forgot!

No walking today. *sob*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Rain rain rain, just is. Got 5k and my stairs. I am going to see how many times I can get a flight of stairs in (up a flight of stairs).

Will work some OT this weekend. Need to pay a little more to my credit cards.

Lana - new heating/ac is a wonderful thing - so is the sunshine. Enjoy both.

• LanaCabana537
    s6axp5mrix3f.jpeg
    *** February 1 ***

Good morning everybody 🌷

I couldn't sleep, so I got up and made the coffee. Doing laundry, paying bills.....
    I saw my primary care doc yesterday, and my blood pressure is good!

Sara - good for you on the 5K and stairs ✅

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴 *

Lana

268.0 today
  • caffeinebuzz10
    caffeinebuzz10 Posts: 40 Member
    I am up and off the ground once again. 20 days straight and some pretty cool things are already happening. I'll get up off the ground as many times as it takes.

I started about 5 years ago and lost about 130 lbs. That was 480 down to 350. I should have kept going, but there is no sense in talking about the "Been Brothers"....woulda been, coulda been, and shoulda been.

I have learned something. I have had some successes and some failures....but as long as I draw breath, neither is final.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

6k and a flight of stairs.

Almost Friday and that is wonderful

Caffeinebuzz - so long as you dont stop trying that is what counts.

• LanaCabana537
    l0whjx7gjgag.jpeg
    *** February 2 ***

Yay for Friday!!

Caffeinebuzz - just keep going in the right direction! Stop by often and let us know how you are doing!

Sara - you did really well yesterday! Atta girl 👍🏻💖

Time for a nice hot shower for me.....

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana

265.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    y2xqqm9gnas9.jpeg
    *** February 3 ***

Good morning everybody 👋🏻

Just getting us started.....

Lana

267.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,478 Member
    Good Evening!

Hope everyone is well! 2 weeks left of my class! Light at end of tunnel yay.

Have a great weekend!

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Worked half day OT - went grocery shopping - got 5k, and got to watch replay soccer. Not a bad day.

Tomorrow is cooking for week, but I have a couple of good options.

But it is time to put the computer to bed and start snoring.

Missy, glad you can see an end in your class. You are doing good.

• LanaCabana537
    tp1j1mtw3yax.jpeg
    *** February 4 ***

Hello All~~

Wow, it's another gorgeous sunny day today-- the brightness really helps!

Sara - that's not bad-- working a half day! Happy cooking today 😋

Missy - we're counting down with you! 💖

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana

267.0 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 655 Member
    It's a cool (31) and beautiful, sunny Sunday here in Charlotte. Son and I will take a walk. I have to break up my 5 miles these days b/c I am having so much knee trouble. We will do about 2 first thing, and then later I'll add 2 more walks or so plus some outings to stores for weekly necessities.

I had a decent week, logging 3-4 days and getting in at goal a few times. Forgot my weigh in this a.m.

My sweet Skye got a bad puncture injury in the inguinal area, and we are still waiting for them to decide if stitches are the appropriate solution. Packed dressing Friday and today. Will see from there; she has to be confined most of the time for now and isn't that happy :) She has some good drugs for pain and sedation, so she does sleep quite a bit too.

I see the doc tomorrow about my knees and Im going to ask about my thumb joints, too. Lots of pain there off and on when opening jars (for example). Probably arthritis although it could be tendonitis from both phone use and dog training. We will see.

I hope everyone is doing well and having sunny weather even if it isn't warm yet.

If I was still in WI, I'd be so psyched about 31--it be a major warm up, haha.
  • LanaCabana537

Maureen~ Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!!
    .....and sending good vibes for Skye 💖
  • katiri7686
    katiri7686 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone back at it. Again. We got this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Good evening,

Yesterday storm was intense and I saw a swinging road sign and a palm tree and thought I was in Florida for a moment. Guess what? Its heading east......

My hearts are all sewn (30 at moment) and my angels (21) are as well. More to make but not that many.

Welcome Katrini and good thoughts for Skye.