• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Pip - That looks outstanding.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Betsy - You have such a lot on your plate and in your heart. (((HUGS))) <3

A better night. I slept upstairs, in case John was restless with his cold, or snoring. I had an hour reading from 3 am till 4 am, but got seven hours in altogether.
    I assume I will get his cold.

Perhaps, because his lunch is cancelled, we can have an art session after lunch. I might make a card or two with felt tip pen patterns I've seen on Instagram.

Lovely card, Tracey! :D She will be so delighted.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,859 Member
    edited January 31
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Machka: I have been a long time fan of Nora Roberts, Mary Higgins Clark and Sandra Brown. Also like Patricia Cornwall, Fern Michaels, and Lisa Regan (although some of hers have gotten old).

Carol in GA

I have made a note of Fern Michaels and Lisa Regan. :)

But I do have to avoid all series because I can't get a whole series of anything here.

I like stories with mystery and suspense. :)

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka - that’s a lot of books.

Tracey in Edmonton

I couldn't do much else this month. I didn't have energy to work, exercise, garden or anything.

I also did quite a bit of sleeping and colouring.

Machka in Oz

• ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Pip-the before and after change in bathroom is amazing! A bit like on the show "No Demo Reno."

Lanette-regarding your SIL and pain-it will not knock you out like opioids, but after my last hip surgery they had changed up pain medicine protocol.
    They had me alternating Ibuprofen and acetaminophen . So one does of one at 8, does of the the next one at 10. That kept it in your system (and maybe the time between was longer). I also used that when I had a compression fracture (I didn't know it until almost 2 months after it happened). Thought it was a bad muscle pull/bruise. I did get a script for a mild muscle relaxant and that also helped release things.

Vicki-how did you pull a muscle in your shoulder? That sounds painful.

Roriand Tina-how nice you got to meet-and whale watching! Picture is very nice. Kylia and I will get one next time we see each other.

Betsy-I know that feeling of going to miss them but wanting to get back to routine. That happens when I visit kids in AZ (or they come here). Hope sister's cold improves and doctors find answers.

Slept very well last night. Think I am losing some of the stress (although there is always something stressful). Also foot is not the consistent level of pain. Apple Watch says I am averaging just under 7 hours sleep per night. I guess I may always have the occasional wake up or restless sleep but this is such an improvement. Didn't realize how bad it was until it started getting better.

Need to get workout in now before I leave for Columbus-will be in car for over 2 hours, not my favorite!

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday,
    Ginny Unfortunately I have had migraines all my life. My sister, youngest daughter, and oldest grand daughter have too. My mom has never even had a headache nor has my oldest daughter. I do know that when they tried cutting my estradiol dose it sent me to bed! They are affected by atmospheric pressures. I think my precursor is "feeling off". Still feeling it today.....sucks!

Terry Thank you for the design option. I think that will work!

Machka I enjoy Nora Roberts, Sandra Brown, and Mary Higgens Clark too.

@anmlmzdiet - Soda is hard withdrawal! Mine were Pepsi and Mountain Dew. It has been -wow- over 15 years since I quit. Every once in a while now I will have a splash in an adult beverage, but that is few and far between. Just stick with it! The idea of not drinking my calories helped me. As for being prolific, yep! I have been reading but not note taking and am only on page 70. Sometimes by the time I respond everyone else has already answered :). Just keep on checking in.

@pinh. Keep moving as you can! Each extra small thing adds up!

Margaret Some people just don't understand courtesies. Arriving late is why my DH and I stop overnight before heading to my brother's. It is only 7 hr drive, but if we leave in morning then it just feels like we lost a day traveling. When we leave after work we would be arriving in middle of night. So we go halfway, stop, and arrive at acceptable hour. I am glad the service was beautiful, now remember to BREATH.

On to next page....

<3
    Kylia in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Options
    January Walking

agufz7w6soz9.png

And minutes of activity in general! If I had realised how close I was to completing this challenge, I would have gone for a 15 min walk.

qxny6ghrup9z.png

Oh well, hopefully I'll have more energy in February!

Machka in Oz
  • kymarai
    Options
    Pip Love the bathroom update!
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    Kylia-sorry they are the atmospheric type. The pressure changes set off my arthritis. Now that I realize it I check accuweather to get an idea. If they are predicting high impact for arthritis I get some anti-inflammatory in my system ahead of time (catching up is tough). It gives sinus presssure, migraines and other stuff.
  • Machka9
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Old age and medical...putting in spoiler to be sensitive
    So my brother called to say that his FIL who is 95 and been sick since before Christmas, was taken to hospital for not eating or drinking. They found mass in his throat.
    My thought is why subject him to sedations, tests, hospitals....in my opinion, just no. His wife died 2 yrs ago. He is 95! He is a wonderful man. His loss would vibrate badly through the family, but why...It tirns out the lump was just some atuck matter that they cleared with an endoscope. More testing this week. I think something is wrong with my thinking. If someone or furry something is suffering especially old, why prolong? I hope he gets home soon with comfort and peace. It just seems intrusive to me. I hope i didn't offend anyone, but it really bothers me to subject to drastic measures when a decline as been noted. Maybe i am too accepting of death as a fact of life.I am not saying that it doesn't hurt when it happens, but.....This weighs heavy on my thoughts especially as i get older. I don't want heroics.

Much love,
    Kylia in grey and cloudy again Ohio

As part of my job, I am participating in the consultation process for the new aged care act here in Australia.

One of the key points of the new act is an emphasis on the person's own choice.

No longer are we "putting mom in the nursing home". Now "mom" gets to decide if she wants to remain wherever she is currently living or if she wants to move somewhere else.

No longer are family members to decide what procedures the 95-year-old FIL will undergo. It's up to him. If he wants to do whatever it takes to continue living to 102 ... that's his decision.

And if it is a bad decision, certain designated people (a point I'm arguing in the consultations) can suggest alternatives, but the decision comes down to the person.

"We" ... as family, friends, acquaintances, etc. ... don't get to make those decisions.

However, the aged care acts in other countries may be different. :)

M in Oz
  • kymarai
    Options
    Thank you Machka....you are right. I don't know what his wishes are....my family, friends, and SIL(yes, my DH's sister) all know them. It has brought home the point that I need to get my just in case book going.