Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,885 Member
    Options
    2ppwnsh8jpqd.jpeg
    *** January 25 ***

Lots of running around the first half of the day. Clocking them steps!

Very dark skies and gloom and fog today. Hoping tomorrow will be a tad better?

Sara - Ouch about that pedicure!! Aw! 🤗

Holy cow, emphasis on the "cow", the two pairs of snow pants I ordered actually fit me!!!!! I am SO relieved.

Chicken and vegetables for dinner - Yay!

Lana

265.8 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    jv5wmozaykdq.jpeg
    *** January 27 ***

Good morning everyone ~

As I drove through the UNC campus yesterday, I saw that the big cherry tree was blooming! We've had two days of very high temps, and Mother Nature here thinks that it is Spring! The cardinals are singing their long songs. More cold temps are coming though.

I need to walk today.

Lana

265.4 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Lana, you rock. You are so consistent.

I'm back -- again. And I really, REALLY need to stick around this time b/c I have regained 30 of the 65 lbs I lost before I moved to NC. Ugh.

So, back to logging. I hate it, but I know once I get in the habit, I won't hate it as much :(

Anyway, I have my 2 pups, and house, Cole (26) is living with me, Quentin is still in WI, and my Raleigh is in Memphis--and she's a mom! My perfect grandson was born on 12.23.23. His name is Markell. All the more reason for me to take better care of myself!

z3say3o6twr1.jpg
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,412 Member
    edited January 27
    Options
    jv5wmozaykdq.jpeg
    *** January 27 ***

Good morning everyone ~

As I drove through the UNC campus yesterday, I saw that the big cherry tree was blooming! We've had two days of very high temps, and Mother Nature here thinks that it is Spring! The cardinals are singing their long songs. More cold temps are coming though.

I need to walk today.

Lana

265.4 today

The last couple of mornings I’ve been listening to the birds as well! Like is it January or April? Snow is predicted for Monday tho.

~ Missy
  • gemwolf110
    edited January 27
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Lana, you rock. You are so consistent.

I'm back -- again. And I really, REALLY need to stick around this time b/c I have regained 30 of the 65 lbs I lost before I moved to NC. Ugh.

So, back to logging. I hate it, but I know once I get in the habit, I won't hate it as much :(

Anyway, I have my 2 pups, and house, Cole (26) is living with me, Quentin is still in WI, and my Raleigh is in Memphis--and she's a mom! My perfect grandson was born on 12.23.23. His name is Markell. All the more reason for me to take better care of myself!

z3say3o6twr1.jpg

Welcome back! I’m the same way. Here for a bit life gets hectic and poof like where did the months/years go?

Cute pic!

~ Missy
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Missy, are you GemWolf? And are you in TN? I forget. I remember you here, though.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    Missy, are you GemWolf? And are you in TN? I forget. I remember you here, though.

Hi I’m gemwolf110 in RI yeah I’ve been here lol
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,348 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

A challenge from someone at work gave me the motivation to walk 5k today. Body parts protesting.

Good so see Missy and Mkculs stop by - babies are fabulous reason for getting healthier.

We will have unusual high temps Monday but that goes away with yet more rain.

Went to Asian store and only bought fruit and vegetables. Need to start using the pasta in the pantry (also maxed out on of my credit cards so need to think before I buy for a while....). With any luck that means healthier meals.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 28
    Options
    za2zvvdstnar.jpeg
    *** January 28 ***

Happy Sunday everyone~~

Sara - so good to hear that you are getting your walking in!

Maureen! Glad you are back! Your grandson is adorable.

Missy! Yes, these signs of spring are a tease - but it is still January, so the snow will still come, up north. Dang!

I must walk today. I must walk today. I must walk today........

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning, all. I've been up since about 4 am--my usual waking time now. I love it, b/c I get to have time to myself before work. I'm going to start getting in a bit of a walk with Skye before work--it'll be dark, and it won't be much, but my goal is 5 mi/day and when I start early, I'm so much more likely to get it done. I get in about 2 mi/day at work/school, so that helps too. But I sure love my time outside whenever it happens.

We have had SUCH a deluge here in Charlotte. The past 6 weeks or so, and esp this month. They canceled school 1 day less than a week after winter break ended b/c of the forecast for bad storms and potential tornados. A number of local roads were damaged by flash floods. Given how much rain we've had, I would not be surprised if there were mudslides and/or more road damage. I hope it's over now.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, and thanks for the kind comments on my sweet grandbaby.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited January 29
    Options
    mdeav1ywq06k.jpeg
    *** January 29 ***

Good morning all~~

Well, the sun has decided to come out today - I am grateful.

Maureen, I didn't realize that Charlotte had gotten so much rain. I don't have TV, so I don't get those "big picture" weatherman forecasts. Hang in there with that.

I've got to get in the shower. The HVAC people are coming this morning to start the new installation.

Waves to all who stop by later on 👋🏻🌴

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

2/14 fundraiser is going along well, I have 6 ladies and myself to donate baked goods including 2 gift cards for home made cheese cakes. I have 30 hearts and 15 angels.

I also need to benefit from a good hot shower, then see if I can do crocheting and then lights out.

Nice that the boss took a long weekend. I hope she had a good time.

• LanaCabana537
    edited January 30
    Options
    1gvvkmyc9qel.jpeg
    *** January 30 ***

Hey there everybody~~

I am celebrating right now--having a new working heating/cooling system in the ol' house. Whew.
    They were here this morning and finished it up.

Sara - hot showers are such a treat really. Your Valentine's charity work is wonderful--very generous of you and it brings wonderful returns for your spirit 🩷 🤗

My area is blessed with a full day of sunshine - after the gray we've had, I am so grateful for this up-lift!

Waves to all who stop by to say hello~~

Lana

267.4 today
  • Lamb2113
    Lamb2113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, do y’all have room for one more person in this group? This is my third time trying ,I was doing really well for about a year. I lost a little over 37 lbs then got under some stress and fell back into poor eating habits.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    eeaklo82q7ac.png
    *** January 31 ***

Welcome to Lamb 2113 🌼 Please do stop by whenever you'd like. We all just help each other along 👍🏻

I'm getting here late today - this morning was busy, and then I forgot!

No walking today. *sob*

Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Rain rain rain, just is. Got 5k and my stairs. I am going to see how many times I can get a flight of stairs in (up a flight of stairs).

Will work some OT this weekend. Need to pay a little more to my credit cards.

Lana - new heating/ac is a wonderful thing - so is the sunshine. Enjoy both.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    s6axp5mrix3f.jpeg
    *** February 1 ***

Good morning everybody 🌷

I couldn't sleep, so I got up and made the coffee. Doing laundry, paying bills.....
    I saw my primary care doc yesterday, and my blood pressure is good!

Sara - good for you on the 5K and stairs ✅

*tossing beach bag and flip flops onto favorite lounge chair for later 🌴 *

Lana

268.0 today
  • caffeinebuzz10
    caffeinebuzz10 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am up and off the ground once again. 20 days straight and some pretty cool things are already happening. I'll get up off the ground as many times as it takes.

I started about 5 years ago and lost about 130 lbs. That was 480 down to 350. I should have kept going, but there is no sense in talking about the "Been Brothers"....woulda been, coulda been, and shoulda been.

I have learned something. I have had some successes and some failures....but as long as I draw breath, neither is final.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

6k and a flight of stairs.

Almost Friday and that is wonderful

Caffeinebuzz - so long as you dont stop trying that is what counts.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    l0whjx7gjgag.jpeg
    *** February 2 ***

Yay for Friday!!

Caffeinebuzz - just keep going in the right direction! Stop by often and let us know how you are doing!

Sara - you did really well yesterday! Atta girl 👍🏻💖

Time for a nice hot shower for me.....

Waves to all who stop by later on~

Lana

265.4 today