Good morning everybody πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Just getting us started.....

Lana

267.0 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Good Evening!

Hope everyone is well! 2 weeks left of my class! Light at end of tunnel yay.

Have a great weekend!

~ Missy
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Worked half day OT - went grocery shopping - got 5k, and got to watch replay soccer. Not a bad day.

Tomorrow is cooking for week, but I have a couple of good options.

But it is time to put the computer to bed and start snoring.

Missy, glad you can see an end in your class. You are doing good.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,847 Member
    Options
    tp1j1mtw3yax.jpeg
    *** February 4 ***

Hello All~~

Wow, it's another gorgeous sunny day today-- the brightness really helps!

Sara - that's not bad-- working a half day! Happy cooking today πŸ˜‹

Missy - we're counting down with you! πŸ’–

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»πŸŒ΄

Lana

267.0 today
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It's a cool (31) and beautiful, sunny Sunday here in Charlotte. Son and I will take a walk. I have to break up my 5 miles these days b/c I am having so much knee trouble. We will do about 2 first thing, and then later I'll add 2 more walks or so plus some outings to stores for weekly necessities.

I had a decent week, logging 3-4 days and getting in at goal a few times. Forgot my weigh in this a.m.

My sweet Skye got a bad puncture injury in the inguinal area, and we are still waiting for them to decide if stitches are the appropriate solution. Packed dressing Friday and today. Will see from there; she has to be confined most of the time for now and isn't that happy :) She has some good drugs for pain and sedation, so she does sleep quite a bit too.

I see the doc tomorrow about my knees and Im going to ask about my thumb joints, too. Lots of pain there off and on when opening jars (for example). Probably arthritis although it could be tendonitis from both phone use and dog training. We will see.

I hope everyone is doing well and having sunny weather even if it isn't warm yet.

If I was still in WI, I'd be so psyched about 31--it be a major warm up, haha.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Maureen~ Good luck at the doctor tomorrow!!
    .....and sending good vibes for Skye πŸ’–
  • katiri7686
    katiri7686 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone back at it. Again. We got this!
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Yesterday storm was intense and I saw a swinging road sign and a palm tree and thought I was in Florida for a moment. Guess what? Its heading east......

My hearts are all sewn (30 at moment) and my angels (21) are as well. More to make but not that many.

Welcome Katrini and good thoughts for Skye.

• LanaCabana537
    edited February 6
    Options
    8mog6nqtd491.jpeg
    *** February 6 ***

Good morning all~~

I will be getting my steps in at the airports today; I'm going up to NYC to go to the dentist. Coming back Friday.

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ» 🌴

Lana

266.4 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, Safe travels.

Tillie, wow. Well done. Sorry about the bad weather.

My knee feels good. Can't test it jogging until Thursday afternoon (72 hours). I am hopeful.

All good lately. Down a pound or two after mostly regular logging.

Doc also prescribed Wugovy but I probably won't get my hands on any for a while. There is a bit of urgency b/c I can't run, and that's a big part of who I am. I will continue here of course--even if I get the med eventually and it helps, nothing replaces commitment to healthy eating. I'm a little torn about using it so it doesn't bother me that I can't get it yet :)

Skye is better.

Have a great day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana get those airport steps - may as well enjoy and celebrate. Good luck at dentist.

Skye!! yay. mkculs if patience is what you need come sit on the couch with me and we can keep you distracted. Short term loss long term gain.

I have gotten back into my "after work naps" - partly because it is so cold. I just dont take as long of naps as I used to.

Challenging people at work to walk more and take stairs is keeping me accountable. Some days I have to guilt trip myself into doing things;

Never had wedge salad but I may just start doing it although the lettuce is marginal it is better than none.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    9kgve5qe8v90.jpeg
    *** February 7 ***

Good morning everybody 🌻

Sara - you are so fortunate that you can fall asleep for a nap. I am quite jealous.
    Enjoy your wedge salad. It's good for a change of pace. πŸ‘πŸ»

Maureen - did your doctor give you a shot in your knee, which is why you need to wait 72 hours?

*waving at Antoine for more black half-caf 🌴*

Lana

265.4 today
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    v8otrlc582ag.jpeg
    *** February 8 ***

Hello All~~

The day is almost over, and I head home tomorrow. I sure did get a lot of walking in as well as stairs!

Hoping y'all had a good day.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    bteuwls20pbv.jpeg
    *** February 9 ***

Oh my, I am glad to be home. Yay for Friday and the weekend!

Lana

265.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

last of the cake mix gingerbread cookies are in the oven - they turned out well. Sticky and messy to make into ball shape- I have natural sugar and they taste good. The "ugly" ones are my Friday celebration. The decent ones go into freezer for Sunday -I will eat them otherwise!!

Sounds like things went well in NY Lana- which is great but you are right being home is always a relief.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    9roro66jlfpx.jpeg
    *** February 10 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - good for you on making your cookies! Is there an event at the church on Sunday that was the reason you baked them? If yes, I hope that it is a great success~

I am going to do a (serial) restart on my program. I need to refocus and clean up my act. To make it interesting, I'm making these next 9 days special in my mind. So today through Sunday Feb 18th.

Waves to all who stop by later on πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good afternoon, all! I am able to jog after getting a shot in my knee--SO HAPPY! I have to rebuild a lot but at least I can start.

Haven't been awesome about logging but I know I'll get better if I stick with it.

Aiming for "overweight" and "bingo wings" right now; that is about 15 lbs away. I know patience is so important.

I got 3.78 miles in walking and will jog this evening.

Lana, are you home yet? How are the teeth? I broke another tooth and need to replace 2 more. Sigh. Never ends. But at least I'm alive and well.

Have a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    06398zuaih74.png
    *** February 11 ***

Hello all~

Maureen - so nice to hear that your knee is improving and you are out there jogging and logging! 🀣
    Yes, teeth are an ongoing thing without end. With mine, there is an action plan in place. Gotta do it.

Time for more coffee β˜•οΈ

Lana

267.4 today
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Got one week left of class! The big paper is due today. Have one paragraph left. Then read over it and submit! Want it done before Super Bowl starts.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

~ Missy
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Happy Sunday.

Cloudy and drizzly here. My eldest son has moved in, so both my sons are with me for now. I'm thrilled. If I could just get my daughter and her baby near by, it would be perfect :)

Skye is still at the vet, and she got to her wound in THEIR care, and they use better drugs to sedate her. I knew it wasn't me. Now I'm hoping this is "only" $3000. I think I already crossed that threshold, though.

No superbowl plans here. I have a bit of grading and planning to do. Got in a morning walk and need to get out once more. I'm not too excited about taking Jem b/c I don't want to have to stop all the time (still training). I'll compromise--he gets to go for part of it. I am trying to hit that 5 miles every Saturday and Sunday and as many week days as I can get myself out. It is much more likely to happen if I can jog some of it; walking all the time just doesn't interest me, although once I'm out the door I'm fine.

Sara, did you ever get another pet? I remember your dear Tillie.

And all of you, have a great evening.