WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    anmlmzdiet wrote: »
    @Paz922

I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I too have been ill for a few days now. I'm coming through okay now, though. I hope you are feeling better soon. It certainly does not work to be dieting and not feel well. I always try to make myself feel better by eating or drinking something I shouldn't. So, I put myself on a sick diet. I mentioned it before, but it's several pages back now, so I'll mention it again. I went on the BRAT diet: bananas, rice, applesauce, and toast. It's what the pediatrician always told me to feed my kids when they were sick. On my own I add a serving or two a day of yogurt, just because I'm a big girl and not a little girl. Those are all foods I can keep down when I'm sick. Maybe this can keep you from going for that chocolate.

My hubby bought me some chocolate for Valentine's Day, but I couldn't eat it today, not because I'm sick (which I am,) but because it's Ash Wednesday, lol. What timing, huh?

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and a joyous beginning of lent.

Michelle in NV
    Paz922 wrote: »
    @anmlmzdiet

Thank you for your words of encouragement! I have yogurt, bananas and applesauce at home. I will get some applesauce now.

My husband went to church and got his ashes. He also fasted. I had fever until 3:00pm so I guess I did not know what to eat. He made his first chicken soup for me and it was very good! (it was for dinner after the chocolates).

Have a wonderful evening!

Paz

When I am sick (like I was for weeks over Christmas with COVID), I like chicken noodle soup (cup a soup, raman noodles, and maybe Campbells) and if I am ready for more solid food, I might go for cheese, crackers, maybe toast. Foods that tend to be on the salty side.

This time, with COVID, I started craving soda crackers (saltines), and I began eating them every time I felt a bit nauseated.

M in Oz
  • anmlmzdiet
    anmlmzdiet Posts: 179 Member
    Options

This time, with COVID, I started craving soda crackers (saltines), and I began eating them every time I felt a bit nauseated.

M in Oz

@Machka9

Oh yes! I remember vividly when I was a child and sick. My grandma would make me eat saltine crackers. I just wanted real food, lol, but since I was sick, that's what I got, all you can eat saltines and tomato soup for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Sounds like you would have got along nicely in my place. Thanks for unlocking another memory for me. I have been writing them all down lately as I remember them. My cousin and I are working on a family memory project. This is a great one.

Michelle in NV
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: I like your hair longer. Very pretty photo of you.

Carol in GA
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Hello all
    Tom just came and picked up Alfie.. he went and got dog food and treats and all for him,I think this split custody thing is working out well.. for both of us.. they get there doggy fix and Siri gets mommy time..
    Tracy still a bundle of nerves.. i was reading that it could be what is called a phantom twin..but she will find out more next Wednesday..just keep her in your thoughts and prayers.. and as thought Kyle calmed down,think he is just scared and overwhelmed also..
    Lisa- so glad your son and his fiance are finally within visiting distance.
    Rebecca- so glad your having boy time with yours..
    Well have to run to the pharmacy.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options