WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    Options
    My blood tests results went up on my doctors site. All are normal. Sugars, rheumatic, all red/white blood counts. So, it is still a mystery! ;) I am now wondering about intermittent claudication. I took my blood pressure this morning, just about OK, and did my ankle. Pressure was higher in my ankle, but I wasn't sure what I was doing. If it's lower there's a problem.

Lanette - my son, his dad, is 6ft 2ins.Max was always a bit short for his age, so it must be a relief to him. Edie had a growth spurt over Christmas, which pleased her, as she was also short. Her mum is tiny. Bea is taller than average at the moment.

Just waiting for Bea to turn up.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    Well I signed up for a seven day trial of noom. It wants me to get my own scale and drink more water and such. We shall see. It's expensive to keep going. And the coaching is extra charge.

Ouch! They already got an extra $30 from me on a $10 trial week by being unclear about extra charges!!

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :)<3:)
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    @LisaInArkansas ...

Have you thought about using the boat as a feature in your garden?

https://www.shutterstock.com/search/boat-flower-bed
    e9pztfc6aae6.png

tdpol9zuerv3.png

In my travels and lives around the country, I’ve seen boats, toilets, old tractors, old plows and many other interesting lawn art. They all had 2 things in common, they had been around a long time and flowers.

Yay @Machka for getting her work from home request!!! Good job!

PS… I put the worms in a spoiler b/c it is hard to see those and be able to eat pasta later! LOL. I wouldn’t touch them without gloves on. With gloves, I had to issue counting and putting them in those containers fishermen buy. I helped them for the time we were there, from April to July that year. He sold his house and we both started our cross country trek in August of 2017. My DB stayed in Arizona with his in-laws, DH and I started Hosting at Bottomless in 2018 after our exploring the North West.

RVRita
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Today is Help a grouch day! Try to see why the person is grouchy from their point of view before getting mad at them for being grouchy. Make them smile!!

I got these yesterday because it was their day!
    y9jd5g9pnvoc.jpeg

No pizza and fish sticks for me!! BTW Arby’s used to have some very good Fish Fries (looked like fish sticks but real fish!). I hope they bring them back for Lent!

RVRita
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Debbie - Bone density is sort of like an X-ray/CT scan. I just laid on the bed and the machine went over me. Quite comfortable actually.
    Here in AB they aren’t covered until you turn 50, the first time I had one I had an appointment the day before my birthday at the same location so tried to book it at the same time, I couldn’t until my birthday even though it was only the day before.

Off to bed, I have an exam in the morning.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Thanks- glad it isn't like the MRI-That was the worst thing for me when I had frozen shoulder
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Up early- have to leave for a long dentist appointment soon. They plan on 1 1/2 hrs to 2 hrs. Repairing or replacing three fillings I think plus replacing the buildup he put on(popped off at Christmas eating caramel corn ) after I fell and broke it and the ones next to it.

Went to bed really early last night. Had actually fallen asleep in the recliner for 10 min with one of the cats. I very rarely ever nap. Woke up, turned my computer and tv off, grabbed a quick shower and went to bed.

Will walk the wetlands after my appointment and before Ezie gets out of school.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    Well I signed up for a seven day trial of noom. It wants me to get my own scale and drink more water and such. We shall see. It's expensive to keep going. And the coaching is extra charge.

Ouch! They already got an extra $30 from me on a $10 trial week by being unclear about extra charges!!

Annie in Delaware

I would dispute the extra charge that you didn't expect.
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    Annie - good luck with Noom, hope it helps. I am not familiar with their program.

I never did well with calorie counting alone - I thought I was clever and could still eat calorie laden salty and sugary foods and it was OK as long as I accounted for the calories. :( Yes, I'd lose weight but gain it right back. I should have been paying better attention to getting more protein which would have helped curb my appetite too. Being thin was more important to me than being healthy back then. But, better late than never. ;) I always did well on WW until they switched from supporting their web-based tools to focus on phone apps and I didn't have a smart phone. That's when I came here. :p

Heather - are they planning to do an ultrasound? Are your ankles and/or feet swelling? Hope they can find out what's going on so you can get back to those beach runs you enjoy so much. I get occasional pain in one leg, especially the outside of the calf and ankle on my right side due to a damaged nerve from a herniated disc 30 years ago. The ache woke me up last night, probably from carrying too many loads of firewood. That might be why the toes on my right foot get painful sometimes too. I'll run that by the foot doc too. Lots to cram in during a 7 minute exam but I'll do my best, lol. I'm a fast talker, hope he's a fast listener. :p
    My DH had peripheral artery disease (PAD) due to his years of smoking, bad diet, and not much walking due to arthritic hips. He had some pain and swelling especially in one leg. They ran him through a battery of tests including ultrasounds and checking pulses in different areas of his legs. The doc told him to quit smoking and walk more, walk through the pain. Otherwise, stents in his future.

Margaret - same here regarding dead mice/critters. Smart thinking keeping Drew away from them.

Rita - excellent job with the squats and getting up off the floor without hardly using hands! You get a gold star. :p Inspiring to make rapid improvement like that. <3

Michele - I just discovered Duke's mayo and I love it. I think it's the "tang." Best Foods/Hellman's was getting too bland for me. Great that they make something for all of our different taste buds. ;) Thanks for the protein powder recommendation, I'll check it out.

What are you Celebrating? What are you Navigating? Yesterday I listened to another interview about the benefits of walking. The host of the podcast said he gets together with several of his men friends once a week for an hour of walking. Everyone gets a chance to say what they are celebrating and what they are navigating (challenges ahead, dealing with roadblocks, etc.) He said it's the most valuable hour of his week. I noted that's what we gals do on this thread, maybe not in an organized fashion. Good balance though.

I think this Celebrate/Navigate would be a good addition to the Weekly Check-in if anyone wants to use it for that. I like the idea of pointing out what we have to Celebrate - what was successful, what are we grateful for. I often forget that important step.

Reminder, the Weekly Check-in isn't just to log weight, it's for anything a person wants to document or comment on. So it's already kind of a Celebrate/Navigate. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    :p