GIFt us your lifts! (or other achievements!)

Options

Replies

• Minion_training_program
    Minion_training_program Posts: 13,366 Member
    Options
    So plan this week is my 1RM deadlift session, and friday a cardio day
    Only have time to workout 2 day's this week, same as last week.

Super busy at work right now, since everything needs to be done tomorrow for the accountants who come over next week. And on top of that, i have my nephew over for 3 day's (we pick him up later today, and back thursday)
    So will be active, just in a different way (he is 4 and full of energy)

Plan for today:

10x60
    8x90
    5x110
    2x130
    1x140 (my current 1RM)
    1x150

If the 150 goes well, i wanna up that by 5kg each time untill faillure. Then lower it by 2 kg again

Anything above my old 1RM is good to me, but secretly, i have my goal aimed at 160

So i am hoping to have it like this:
    1x150
    1x155
    1x160

My last 1RM was beltless and without straps, so i am hoping those 2 things will contribute in a better 1RM for me

I am scared and excited to try this today
    Options
    Okay, so i just finished my 1RM for deadlifts and i can say i got a new 1RM for sure.
    It wasn't easy, not by a long shot, and failed 3 times before i set my new 1RM, but now i can't get that smile of my face.

So started with my warmups, 10x60, 8x90, 6x110 and 2x130
    They all moved pretty solid, and only started using my belt and straps at last warmup.

Then it was time for my old 1RM, 140
    1z5s9y8yhxtf.gif

This one felt good and looked good (to me) as well. Moved solid.
    So i decided to load up 10 kg and move straight for a 10kg increase on my 1RM

z12cbjshi3e5.gif

Again, it felt good, moved pretty good, and looked pretty good as well.
    I did notice i was having my shoulders a little bit too much forward over the bar, so said to myself to not do that for next reps.

Because of how it moved and felt, i went straight for another 10kg jump, 160 next:

rj71mqdr9wo3.gif

Barely left the ground, only on my left side (which makes sense, since my left leg is stronger due to bowling).

I didn't gave up, and definatly wanted to give it another try.
    Really took my time on the setup as well.

So here is my second attempt at 160:
    q9a8g549pdet.gif

DAMN IT! Again fail, but at least i got it further from the ground, my mind was like, should i try one more time, or take some weight off?

Since i told myself on forehand that i would allow myself only 2 fails on a weight, i took off 5kg in total, to try for a 155kg, surely i got this, it's same weight as my 1RM for squat, and my Deadlift should be heavier, right?

So again, setting myself up and getting ready for a higher 1RM
    eibcrjwq3njy.gif

oh boy, how can this weight barely move... I felt kinda frustrating.

I was looking at the clock, and thinking, i have time left for 1 more try, should i lower the weight a little again, and go for 153 or 154, or try this one more time

i decided, that i could live with a 150kg 1RM as well, so why not give it 1 more try.

I rested up for almost 8 minutes, the fatigue was really getting me, and even after that 8 minute rest, my heartrate was still above 130

I took a long time setting up again, and when i started my pull, it didn't budge, released it a little, gripped again and pushed 1 more time....
    l2w5c6sxkmba.gif

That felt so hard, but was so worth it

New 1RM at 155kg

• kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,132 Member
    Options
    Okay, so i just finished my 1RM for deadlifts and i can say i got a new 1RM for sure.
    It wasn't easy, not by a long shot, and failed 3 times before i set my new 1RM, but now i can't get that smile of my face.

They all moved pretty solid, and only started using my belt and straps at last warmup.

1z5s9y8yhxtf.gif

z12cbjshi3e5.gif

I did notice i was having my shoulders a little bit too much forward over the bar, so said to myself to not do that for next reps.

Because of how it moved and felt, i went straight for another 10kg jump, 160 next:

rj71mqdr9wo3.gif

Barely left the ground, only on my left side (which makes sense, since my left leg is stronger due to bowling).

q9a8g549pdet.gif

DAMN IT! Again fail, but at least i got it further from the ground, my mind was like, should i try one more time, or take some weight off?

Since i told myself on forehand that i would allow myself only 2 fails on a weight, i took off 5kg in total, to try for a 155kg, surely i got this, it's same weight as my 1RM for squat, and my Deadlift should be heavier, right?

eibcrjwq3njy.gif

I was looking at the clock, and thinking, i have time left for 1 more try, should i lower the weight a little again, and go for 153 or 154, or try this one more time

i decided, that i could live with a 150kg 1RM as well, so why not give it 1 more try.

I rested up for almost 8 minutes, the fatigue was really getting me, and even after that 8 minute rest, my heartrate was still above 130

I took a long time setting up again, and when i started my pull, it didn't budge, released it a little, gripped again and pushed 1 more time....
    l2w5c6sxkmba.gif

New 1RM at 155kg

Great dedication Gus.
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,563 Member
    Options

1z5s9y8yhxtf.gif

z12cbjshi3e5.gif

rj71mqdr9wo3.gif

q9a8g549pdet.gif

eibcrjwq3njy.gif

l2w5c6sxkmba.gif

New 1RM at 155kg

This makes me so dayum happy for you! I was cheering you on with 155kg (startled my cats, even! LOL)
    What an awesome battle and even with such a battle, your form is solid! You're the best! :smiley:

giphy.gif
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2 Thank you Chris, sure felt i worked hard for it and it paid off

@KickassAmazon76 You have no idea how happy you made me with that voice message cheering...
    Like i said, i got into lifting after seeing your posts, you are my firestarter!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    @kinetixtrainer2 Thank you Chris, sure felt i worked hard for it and it paid off

@KickassAmazon76 You have no idea how happy you made me with that voice message cheering...
    Like i said, i got into lifting after seeing your posts, you are my firestarter!

2320cef2e03e326f5d0167eed62b1a53.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Lifted tonight. Bench was a disappointment. Not sure why, but blech. I was supposed to get 3 sets of 125x2, but instead I got 2,1,1. Just wasn't in the tank.
    wzenwfbfm7b3.gif

Deadlifts, while not going according to plan, still made me happy. I got 2 sets of 2 at 290lbs. I tried a 3rd set but felt form breaking so I stopped. So much happier with the form on these ones!
    j2f65zx5k3w4.gif

And then my latest love... Leg press... Did 3x12x500lbs ๐Ÿ˜ and I think I'm going for 550 next time!
    da8xnccc2t45.gif

I also did lat pull downs, skull crushers, leg extensions, leg curls, and DB hammer curls.

All in all I'm pretty happy!

I was doing a celebration dance on your behalf after seeing this Sandy (and no, i didn't gif it)

I guess we cheered each other on! Love that! #wehaveanawesometribe
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,217 Member
    Options
    @Minion_training_program, keep kicking *kitten*, Gus!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    You da man, Gus! Now go find out just how out-of-shape you are trying to keep up with that 4 year-old, lol.
    Options
    @steveko89
    Thank you man, maybe someday i'll be lifting your weights as well, sure as hell gonna push myself even further

@nossmf We went to the zoo yesterday evening, there was a night show, with theme Dino's...guess what he likes the most ๐Ÿ˜
    We got him around 8:30 PM, which is like 1 hour past his normal bed time, and normally he would sleep in the car drive home, but he kept awake all the way
    Said he was not tired at all, but when i lay him in bed, he fell asleep almost instantly...lol

Today i have to work, so only play time when i get home, but got tomorrow off to play with him. Too bad it's gonna storm outside, because was planning on taking him outside for a walk through the forest first

Altough, if it's just wind and no rain, i will take him anyway for some birdspotting (another hobby of mine)
  • steveko89
    Options
    @nossmf I didnโ€™t realize until I looked at my receipt from dinner but Iโ€™m staying in Aurora, CO on this trip; small world!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Yep, quite possibly passed you on the road. That wasn't you who cut me off, was it? ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿ˜œ
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Note... I actually put that sticker in the vid because the cellulite in that position was sooooo bad. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I still cannot do a wide leg forward fold, but I used to not be able to sit upright even, so a bit of a fold is way better than before!

Love this!!!...actually I'm a big fan of Les Mills BodyBalance which is a combination of Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga to music.
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,470 Member
    Options

1z5s9y8yhxtf.gif

z12cbjshi3e5.gif

rj71mqdr9wo3.gif

q9a8g549pdet.gif

eibcrjwq3njy.gif

l2w5c6sxkmba.gif

New 1RM at 155kg

On behalf of us lurkers...

0clks6f397lc.gif
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    8jzcrvcm80ns.gif

Note... I actually put that sticker in the vid because the cellulite in that position was sooooo bad. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I still cannot do a wide leg forward fold, but I used to not be able to sit upright even, so a bit of a fold is way better than before!

Love this!!!...actually I'm a big fan of Les Mills BodyBalance which is a combination of Tai Chi, Pilates and Yoga to music.

That sounds pretty cool... is it on YouTube or a DVD?

Also... feel free to stick around. You don't need to lurk! :wink:
  • steveko89
    Options
    nossmf wrote: ยป
    Yep, quite possibly passed you on the road. That wasn't you who cut me off, was it? ๐Ÿš—๐Ÿ˜œ

If you drive a blue Subaru... maybe?
  • nossmf
    Options
    *gasp* That was my mother's car, you jerk! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜œ

Didn't lift yesterday due to coming off a graveyard shift, and lifting hundreds of pounds which can slip and crush you while heavily fatigued is not a very smart idea. Didn't want to lift this weekend, so I merged my upper and lower days into a single super day.

Ok, that makes it sound like I did a 3-hr marathon lift, when all I really did was pick one lift for each of push, pull and legs:

Squat 4x15
    Incline Bench Press 4x8
    Bent Over BB Row 4x10

Banged out my squats, setup for incline bench press, and when I unracked the first working set, I almost put it back without doing a single rep. There's a reason I stopped doing full-body days a year back; the legs to lead just take too much out of ya. But then I thought about @KickassAmazon76 doing squats or deadlifts followed by bench every...single...workout, and knew I had to push through. Didn't get the sets of 10 I wanted, but I did get the weight. (No, my lady, I don't often think of you while working out, this was just a "popped into my head" moment.)

There's another reason to not do all body parts in one day also...the warmups alone ate up over half of my allotted hour!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Just got back from my annual company-sponsored physical. (They add $300 to my health savings account if I agree to get this done each year...free money!)

As usual, the nurse and I disagree with one important measurement: my waistline. I wear 34" jeans which have at least a couple inches worth of space, requiring a belt to stay in place. (Reason I don't wear 32" jeans is my thighs are too thick and require the larger size.) Yet every year I'm measured as having a significantly larger waist...this year, 37". Nurse says to hold the end of a tape measure at my belly button and spin, so the technique/placement is suspect. But whatever...I know my appearance is nothing like what that piece of paper says:

Paper: 5'9", 206lb, 37" waist...implies round and overweight slob
    Life: 5'9", 200lb (when not wearing clothes/boots), 32" waist...mirror shows an entirely different picture

The number which I found pleasantly surprising was my resting heart rate of 50. I haven't done cardio in months, expected it to be in the 60's. But I'll take it!
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    *gasp* That was my mother's car, you jerk! ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜œ

Didn't lift yesterday due to coming off a graveyard shift, and lifting hundreds of pounds which can slip and crush you while heavily fatigued is not a very smart idea. Didn't want to lift this weekend, so I merged my upper and lower days into a single super day.

Ok, that makes it sound like I did a 3-hr marathon lift, when all I really did was pick one lift for each of push, pull and legs:

Squat 4x15
    Incline Bench Press 4x8
    Bent Over BB Row 4x10

Banged out my squats, setup for incline bench press, and when I unracked the first working set, I almost put it back without doing a single rep. There's a reason I stopped doing full-body days a year back; the legs to lead just take too much out of ya. But then I thought about @KickassAmazon76 doing squats or deadlifts followed by bench every...single...workout, and knew I had to push through. Didn't get the sets of 10 I wanted, but I did get the weight. (No, my lady, I don't often think of you while working out, this was just a "popped into my head" moment.)

There's another reason to not do all body parts in one day also...the warmups alone ate up over half of my allotted hour!

Haha that made me laugh out loud! I was doing bench every workout because I only lift 2x a week, so I didn't want to go a week between sessions for my weakest lift.

That said I decided to try something different for bench, so I'll be doing bench at home and the rest at the gym. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Way to push through. Your sessions sound impressive! (stupid no record rules!)
  • KickassAmazon76
    Options
    Just got back from my annual company-sponsored physical. (They add $300 to my health savings account if I agree to get this done each year...free money!)

As usual, the nurse and I disagree with one important measurement: my waistline. I wear 34" jeans which have at least a couple inches worth of space, requiring a belt to stay in place. (Reason I don't wear 32" jeans is my thighs are too thick and require the larger size.) Yet every year I'm measured as having a significantly larger waist...this year, 37". Nurse says to hold the end of a tape measure at my belly button and spin, so the technique/placement is suspect. But whatever...I know my appearance is nothing like what that piece of paper says:

Paper: 5'9", 206lb, 37" waist...implies round and overweight slob
    Life: 5'9", 200lb (when not wearing clothes/boots), 32" waist...mirror shows an entirely different picture

The number which I found pleasantly surprising was my resting heart rate of 50. I haven't done cardio in months, expected it to be in the 60's. But I'll take it!

Congrats on the heartrate. Boo to the way the measurements make you feel.i get that! But damn... For 300$, I'd let the Dr sing shamu every time I walked into his office! ๐Ÿ˜‚