What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,263 Member
    Options
    Too nice a day to go to the gym, so I put on road shoes and did a run slightly longer than the last ones. Later went for a LONG walk listening to a podcast. Short bike ride not for the ride but to get somewhere. Somewhere was the local to have a couple pints with friends and laugh while we played scrabble.
  • MindfulMisfitt
    MindfulMisfitt Posts: 13 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    I walk/ruck to and from work daily, so 3 miles. And today is also a strength training day, so I'll get in an eliptical warm up, followed by leg press, hanging knee raises, lunges, and abductors.

Make sure you're being careful about switching up your workouts super often. I mean, if you're just working out for overall health then I suppose you can do whatever you like. But if you want to see real progress, hypertrophy and strength gains then repetition and progressive overload are the key. Stick with the same exercises, track, and add weigh or reps over time. That's how you will see real gains!

CW: 133
    GW: cut about 10lbs to see the muscle ive been working hard on! Tough to do at this weight ( im 6'7") and still have muscle gains. Slow and steady! TONS of protein
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,101 Member
    Options
    Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20
  • nossmf
    Options
    Welcome to the thread, @MindfulMisfitt. Are you really 6'7" by 133, and looking to LOSE weight? That's already incredibly thin. Hoping you mistyped and meant FIVE foot seven.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 984 Member
    edited February 20
    Options
    My guess was 133 kgs, as lbs doesn't make a lot of sense.... ,(I think it would be a BMI of 15).

I went climbing yesterday. I was strong. I sent a lot of stuff.

I went for a swim this morning (1km). I seem to be getting a bit faster.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,193 Member
    Options
    More stationary bike, same 15k + 3' CD, 109W average for 40', pretty easy (little over half Z3, remainder below). Still fighting (non-exercise) fatigue.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Went to the gym later than planned. Chores and errands and all. I really wanted to swim, so I looked in a window and saw an open lane.

I decided to forego the strength workout in favor of going to get a lane to swim. I got to the pool and the lane that was open (my favorite lane) was now in use, but my second favorite was open. I got in a good swim.

It worked out for the best. It took a lot less time than doing weight training, and I can do that tomorrow no matter how crowded the pool is.
  • MindfulMisfitt
    MindfulMisfitt Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I definitely meant FIVE feet, 7 inches! My bad!
  • nossmf
    Options
    Ok, 5'7" by 133 is lean, but at least within the realm of reason, lol. Thanks for the clarification.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Went to the gym and made some improvements, added some exercises, and did a few things to focus on my core/abs. Of course that left me so spent I couldn't do even ONE pull-up for fun when I was done.

@MindfulMisfitt - at your height, I'd be chuffed to maintain around ten pounds heavier than that.

I go out to meet my friend tomorrow for another "weekly" hike in the forests.
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    no pull ups today, not even as a treat.

tricep dips
    lateral raises
    cable crossover fly
    rope tricep extensions
    shoulder press
    some curls
    bench press
    squats
  • drmwc
    edited February 22
    Options
    Wednesday
    Climbing; 2.45 hours. Good fun, I got some hard routes. The one I'm most proud of is actually quite easy (maybe V3; it was graded V2 to v4). I couldn't work out the last move, so I climbed up to it on easy holds to find a body position that worked. Then I could work out how to move off the penultimate holds.

(I needed my right hand on to the top bit of the lower of two bad slopers, and to flag my right foot to near the left, which was on a good hold. This let me rock over the left foot and reach up.) This boulder probably took 20 attempts.

Thursday
    Lifting.
    Pull-ups. 3 sets of 8. My strength is still lower than before, but improving so it is nice.
    Hangboarding.
    Bench. 3 sets of 5, 40 kgs.
    Squat, 3 sets of 5, 70 kgs.
    Deadlift. 1 set of 5, 80 kgs.

Bodyweight: 65 kgs.
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I’d been getting burnt out on cardio so I’ve been avoiding it for a bit but was really feeling like running this morning.

Hill sprint program on the treadmill for 20 minutes. Not particularly fast or steep but still a good time.
    Bench press
    Cable rows
    Leg curls

My 13 year old has started asking about the gym so looking forward to bringing him with me tomorrow.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Full-Body

Squats 4x15
    Incline Bench Press 4x8
    Bent-Over BB Row 4x10
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Ten plus mile hike among many waterfalls. Best late-February day I have had in recent memory. I may post pictures. Or not. My smile made my face hurt.

Here's one to pique your appetite. The trail goes behind the falls.

qskjtsbnmhzl.jpg

• nossmf
    Options
    I'm jealous!
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    I'm jealous!

Well, then don't look at the rest of these....

The trail is nominally 7.2 miles of "moderate" hiking. There's some side trails you have to take to see a few of the ten waterfalls. South Falls is 177 feet tall. Double Falls is a foot higher. North Falls is a meager 136 feet high.

It was, all in all, a GREAT day. Best in a long time. It was sunny out. There wasn't much traffic. I took a route that is about three miles longer but eliminates several miles on an interstate and more miles on a state highway; I took county roads through the country and across rivers and through some small towns. The CD was playing "Dead Letter Office" from REM. The sunroof was open. In the moment I realized how good I felt, I was crossing a river and looked to my left to see a pair of bald eagles in a tree.

Even though the trails were more crowded than I expected, there was plenty of parking pretty close in. The trail is called "Trail of Ten Falls." I decided to go see them all. The main trail is along two tributaries of a creek. These creeks have been cutting their way through the rocks for 26 million years. The resistant rock is from the Columbia River Basalt flows, and between those layers is a layer of about 20 feet of sand and silt laid down by a stream between flows. The thick layers of lava are resistant to weathering, so they are what makes the large falls when the layers below them gets weathered away. You can actually see charred remains of tree casts in the in-between layers if you look closely along your walk. Really a marvelous place. I was sad to see some litter. I was happy how well maintained the trails are. I was surprised how many people there were, but it was a beautiful warm sunny day. I bet some people took Friday off to make a long weekend. Heck - some people might have taken the week of if they already got last Monday off for President's Day.

There are dozens of miles of back-country trails to explore too. I am a little curious about those, but being among the large falls is pretty nice just as a way to spend a day.

Here's some more of the pictures (I have fun videos, but not sure a good way to share them):

n57xi36ivc5u.jpg
    z8m1dxlna39x.jpg
    1yux0weusxy5.jpg

cvmj6vk1w0d3.jpg
    c3qrvdb3c1k6.jpg

1vddu571wu09.jpg
    v5r5bvgy8al3.jpg

mok4kcjxrg5d.jpg
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 5 mile walk
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: carb overkill

Saturday
    Workout: 10 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.8 lbs
    Nutrition: seven fishoil. so much bloat

Goals:
    1. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/1/24
    2. Punch in 30 minutes early every day (be an Outstanding employee).
    3. Read entire Bible in order (Old and New Testaments). min 1 chapter/day. (Today Mark 6)
  • drmwc
    edited February 25
    Options
    Friday
    Swimming. 750 metres before breakfast.

Saturday
    Climbing. Decent session, I got 3 v4s including a flash. The one I'm happiest with was a V3 overhang which is my anti-style (It was: a jump start to two small jugs with no feet; a campus move to bump up the right hand; a swing with the left leg to a chip way out left; throw the left hand to decent hold which is quite far; cut loose with the feet; plop the feet on starting jugs. Then the last couple of moves are easy.)