FEBRUARY 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    @ContraryMaryMary I'm glad you and your husband (and kids?) checked out the planned trail before you tried to run on it. I guess they haven't published a planned completion date. I hope they get it done soon. Sounds like you would be a great place to run. Gardening is hard on the legs and back. You got in plenty of exercise without running.

Enjoy your race tomorrow @TheMrWobbly ! Accounts can have really long hours, I've heard. I'm glad you are making time for yourself and your health.

@tarun_yadavA Sorry you are a bit under the weather. I hope you feel better tomorrow and getting out for your run helped rather than hurt. Wouldn't want the wife to be able to say, "I told you so." :wink:

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,063 Member
    Options
    I'm a hard surface runner too.

I like to race on the road but do fun or easy runs on trails. I really do like running trails but races are too hard of an effort for me to also add in the effort of trail. However, the slower pace and nice scenery is great for training!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,969 Member
    Options
    Great race and race report @martaindale . Funny about the guy that kept passing you. It brought out your competitor spirit. Sounds like an enjoyable race too. The post race brunch sounds, and looks, really good.

Thanks @Scott6255 . Great run.

Nice run @codygirlfriday .

@AlphaHowls It was really windy here too. Just walking to the mailbox was enough for me. It was COLD. You did great to run in it.

Glad you got rain @ContraryMaryMary . I hope your long run goes well.

@Leigh_b Listening to your body and realizing that life gets in the way sometimes is a win. You are doing great. Feb was hard for several of us. Not getting injured trying to meet some arbitrary goal is the highest priority.

• Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    @quilteryoyo - thanks for the words of encouragement - I think February didn't go for either of us like we planned.