Options
1161718192022»

Replies

• emptydog
    emptydog Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
    Congratulations!
    @dariao9i9Please note: this is the first time since I joined you guys in October that I actually reached my predicted goal. Yay me
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I actually reached my predicted goal.

💯💯💯
    🎉🎉🎉
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    @daria0919 that's fantastic!!
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    @shanaber You've done great keeping up with whatever activity you can handle through a really challenging year.

@daria0919 Great job on achieving your goal!
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,490 Member
    Options
    @Teresa502 I found your beautiful AT photos and loved reading about your adventure! It sounds like you had perfect hiking weather, at least for my preference. I'm actually thinking about running the AT from Springer Mountain as one of my runs leading up to my race. Depending on when I get I have a 13 or 7 mile run planned.

It's odd that you had to actually hike TO the start before you even get to it. In any case, I'm hoping it works out for me to run on it. Last year when I ran this race I made stops to run on the Trail of Tears in Arkansas, The Natchez Trace Scenic Trail in Mississippi, and the Pinhoti Trail in Alabama.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    @Teresa502 I found your beautiful AT photos and loved reading about your adventure! It sounds like you had perfect hiking weather, at least for my preference. I'm actually thinking about running the AT from Springer Mountain as one of my runs leading up to my race. Depending on when I get I have a 13 or 7 mile run planned.

It's odd that you had to actually hike TO the start before you even get to it. In any case, I'm hoping it works out for me to run on it. Last year when I ran this race I made stops to run on the Trail of Tears in Arkansas, The Natchez Trace Scenic Trail in Mississippi, and the Pinhoti Trail in Alabama.

@7lenny7 - that would be a great place for you to stop and run. Depending on when your race is next month, the bubble of hikers heading north should be thinning out some. In any event, I'm sure most of them would be happy to step aside with their heavy backpacks and let you pass plus each hiker always has an interesting backstory, trail name, gear, etc. if you decide you need a rest and someone to chat with!