Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,859 Member
    Options
    fc6g9qvvbb5a.jpeg
    *** February 21 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - good for you on the food bank volunteering you do πŸ’–. Bananas!!!!

Maureen - Your hair is pretty! Great photos.

I'm getting ready to go to the airport to fly home to Chapel Hill. Can't wait - it's too cold up here.

Waving to Missy and anyone else who stops by today πŸ‘‹πŸ»

Lana

268.4 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Late fly by. Got 3 meals in fridge/freezer - beef stir fry.

Maureen -my first shingles shot hurt more and was warned a lot of people dont feel well after the first one. I hope the effects do not stick around long.

Knitting and soccer. Nice combination -I can ignore the team I dont like winning a game while making something (assuming I dont make mistakes or lose stitches).

Lana - coming home is always nice. Get your steps in.

I have decided to up my daily steps for a challenge between groups at work. We shall see how that goes and at least the rain is gone for a little while. I also decided to give up being a slob for Lent and I am trying to fix the disaster area I live in.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    pl29l21z9xn6.jpeg
    *** February 22 ***

Hello All~~

Maureen - I hope you are feeling better today. When I had my shingles shots a couple of years ago, it was really hard on me. A couple of my friends had the same reaction. What your doctor said is not accurate, sadly.

Sara - I have one of those disaster areas as well!

Waves to Missy and all who might stop by later on.

Lana

270.2 sugar & salt
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hey, all. Wed wasn't bad--I went to work, felt tired and a little dizzy but got through it. Today was fine. I never had reactions to vaccines until my first Covid shot. Now it seems routine to get a little sick. But I'll take that for better outcomes. 2 days before Xmas break I started getting the flu--it felt just like every other time I'd gotten it (years ago). Well, after 12 hours I stopped feeling worse--just held at fever and sore chest and then in another 24 hours, fever broke, cough up some stuff, no big deal. Like the flue got stopped in its tracks. I had the vaccine (and Covid, and RSV, and DPT) in October b/c of my then-soon to arrive grand son. I swear that flu vaccine did the job.

My home has been a disaster many times. I have a cleaning company 1x/month now and without younger kids, it's so much easier to maintain. Fewer messes in the first place.

I got in a decent run of about 1.6 miles out of 2.5 total, and altogether got my 5 mi in. Didn't do anything Tuesday and Wed. Felt good out--66F!

Take care all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    aq3do8ho60ar.jpeg
    *** February 23 ***

Good morning all~~

It's a rainy day in North Carolina. Time to go run errands.

*🌴 tossing beach bag and sunglasses onto corner lounge chair for the Happy Hour later πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸŒ΄*

Lana

266.8 today

• mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. I got up really early and went for a pre-dawn walk in the full moon--gorgeous. Chilly. And Jem had a great time. Skye can't go yet, but I'll take her out for a stroll later. Nice day to be out.

Still struggling to be consistent. Will have to abandon my boys about 6 pm nightly--that's when they start deciding what to eat, and I've already consumed most of my calories for the day. I find it hard to resist what they eat, so I know it works to make myself absent. Plus, reading in my room or taking a walk are appealing. I don't like leaving the boys before bedtime, but I'm spending quality time with them otherwise and that last hour won't be a big change.

Still not getting enough protein--the bane of my existence. Ok, not really. But I need to figure this out. I've only been at it for 8 years . . . :)

Have a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    kd0eouqzv7v8.jpeg
    *** February 25 ***

Happy Sunday All~~

Maureen, are you a vegetarian, thus causing the protein problem?

Today I need to re-pack my big suitcase to make sure I have everything for the Norway trip.
    More coffee is needed for that....

Sara and Missy - hope you both have a good day today.

Waves to anyone who pops by to say hello~~

Lana

267.6 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, you are going to Norway? How fun! Yes, I do not like or eat much meat/fish/poultry. I just don't like it. So the protein is a chronic issue. I'm going to try to keep having chicken at lunch--sliced, sandwich, with mustard. And to go back to eating more tuna. And maybe eggs. But I just don't ever buy red meat or pork unless it's a rare occasion eating out. I was completely vegetarian for 24 years and can go months, years, w/o eating meat and not miss it.

How is everyone else doing? I'm sore from all the walking and jogging yesterday, plus I didn't sleep well. Will do 2-3 smaller walks today to hit my 5 miles. That helps with both the fatigue and soreness. And maybe a late morning nap, not too long b/c I want to be able to fall asleep tonight!

Have a great day, all.

Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options

Maureen - I have come to love lentils, and I drink a lot of milk.
    You know what you are doing πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Hugs~
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana - Norway!!! I have had people come back and really love those cruises, so good for you.

Maureen are you staggering your protein well? Good idea to not be in kitchen when others are cooking/eating.

I have a goal of 7k for a while, there is a company contest and hey why not? I at least made it today and so long as I can, I will.

My load of laundry awaits.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    lnpnna0ec0vd.jpeg
    *** February 28 ***

Good morning all~~

Well we made it to London.

My sister and I just came back from a walk around the area of Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey. Here it is the end of February, but all of the daffodils are up and the apple and cherry trees are beginning to bloom. The weather is overcast but not raining, so we clocked two miles strolling around with all of the other tourists.

Tomorrow is the day we go from the hotel to the ship. I will have internet on the ship. I also intend to make friends with the ship's treadmill in the fitness center.

Waves to Sara and Maureen and Missy and anyone who stops by later on~~

Lana

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Tgif

Lana-vacations are great times to get extra steps. I am glad London was kind to you weather wise. One of my favorite cities.

Week has been long and nap was needed after work. 7k a day for the workweek is done. My body is protesting. I am leading the steps total in a group challenge which is a first. Celebrate how you would like. I was surprised.

Apple cake is on the list of to do this weekend we shall see. Storm of wind/rain this evening is quite loud. Makes for some good hot chocolate moments.

Scale is holding steady and low pounds.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Tillie, how do you stagger your protein? I'm not sure I do. I try to front load it. Maybe that's the problem?

Lana--wow! how fun. One sister and I did a hiking trip in Scotland in 2019, and my younger son and I did a month-long trip in the British Isles (yeah, I couldn't afford it . . .but once in a life time, right?). We did tons of walking on both trips and ate like queens!! I came home weighing exactly what I was at the start, and I was SO pleased! To do exactly what I wanted and eat exactly what I wanted and NOT GAIN. What a joy. And I hope you enjoy your trip immensely and have no complaints.

I started at 210.
    Got down to 207.
    Have been at 207 for weeks. Time to do better.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Saturday, March 2, evening

Hi all~~

Just checking in briefly.
    I have no idea whether I will be gaining, losing, or staying the same....
    My main focus is eating as much "fresh" simple unsalted things to balance out the outrageous amount of salt in the prepared foods.
    Last night my ankles were balloons. Today I ate super-simply, and it's paid off.

The seas are rough, so I did not get in the pool or do much walking. As everyone walks everywhere, they make an unintentional zigzag path down the hallways! Ha!

Boy, there's no Cabana Club or umbrella drinks in sight!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, that's such a good point about travel and eating--too much salt! I'd wait a week after returning to assess my actual weight b/c I would feel the water retention too. It was less so with walking a ton and drinking lots of water, but always there.

Rough seas; I hope things settle soon. Are you on a huge cruise ship? If there's a pool I'm guessing yes. I didn't think people felt the sea on those big ones--but maybe if it's really rough.

Everyone, have a good evening.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    9q5abo1m8lc5.jpeg
    *** March 3 ***

Good morning all~~

The sun has come out on Sunday, and it is a nice thing to see. 🌼

What's everyone doing today?

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. My sons and I are going to see Dune II. We need to watch the last 25 minutes of Dune I to recall what the heck happened (we watched up to the last 25 recently, but never re-finished). Plus I need to walk Jem for training and get in at least 2 miles with Skye so I can get a jump on my daily goal.

No running for me until 72 hours after the left knee gets a shot-on Mar. 11.

Cloudy, a bit drizzly, but not WI cold, so today is a win!

Have a great day all.

CW:207
    GW: 180*

*For now. I'll reassess when I get there! :)
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. I was 206.4 this morning--but I might be dehydrated.

Dune II is really good, but can be confusing.

Getting a jump on logging this am.

Have a great day.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    a12vlvt6vbet.jpeg
    *** March 5 ***

Good morning all 🌼

So happy the sun is out.

Yesterday I walked for 30 minutes in the cold. Then in the evening there was a lot of standing around outside. My ankles are hurting a bit, so I'll trade the walking in for some paddling around in the pool.

Drink your water everyone!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Lana, I hop you are enjoying your trip. What took you to Norway at this time of year?

I'm home--primary day, and no one wants kids in school buildings being frequented by strange adults who may or may not be there to vote. Teachers had to use a sick day, but I had earned a day of comp time so I am using it.

Sunny and clear, 57 at 9:30 in the morning. Should be even warmer soon. Yay!

Have a great day, all.