WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies
    Alfie back ,going to pick up scripts and then out with Trudy for happy hour.. then back home and a walk with Alfie..
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Debbie--For $2 it will be fun to play with.
    Pip--I am excited for you and the Alaska cruise. Someday I would like to do one.
    Lisa--Understand how you feel. We have to be our own eyes and ears with doctors.
    Carol--You give a lot to this group. Your experience and comments are important to me.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    Just got back from the lunch with my cousin. I only had a fish sandwich and beans and rice. But I feel so (even) uncomfortably full. Now waiting for the guy about the bathroom to get here.

Lisa – sometimes you have to wonder about medical people.

Michele
    who feels so uncomfortable
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Did a Cathe DVD then walked on the treadmill. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Extreme Cardio DVD

pip – that cruise sounds awesome. What a great time to go. How long will you be gone?

Debbie = I’d LOVE to have that tree. You paid $2 for it??? If you have a problem, I’ll buy it from you

Heather – that’s so nice that you send that message to your son

Off to lunch with my cousin and then later today (after 5) the guy is going to be here about the bathroom. I can’t wait, I think maybe Vince can. We shall see….

Michele who won’t get to lay out in the sun today

7 days
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,537 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 8sec, 33elev, 2.83ap, 89ahr, 91mhr, 6.13mi= 565c
    Strava app = 751c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 32.58min, 177elev, 102aw, 44arpm, 18.8amph, gear40, 93ahr, 106mhr, 10.31mi= 162c
    Strava app= 191c
    Zwift stats- 33min, 178elev, 101aw, 43arpm, 18.73amph, 10.3mi= 192c

Total cal 727
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Lisa, like you I have had issues with using chicken breast in stir fry type dishes as it always seems to dry out and while I don't have as bad a reaction as you do, it's still unappetizing. Then I found this recipe, on Facebook of all places! I've put it in a spoiler as it makes this post a little long otherwise.
    2 chicken breasts (I use 1 approx 8 oz breast)
    1 tblsp soy sauce
    2 tblsp veg oil
    1 tblsp honey
    1 tblsp salt (I don't use nearly that much! Maybe 1/2 tsp)
    pinch black pepper
    2 tblsp cornstarch
    2 cloves garlic
    Cut up the chicken, bite size. I do cut it a bit thicker these days, don't know if it helps prevent the drying out,( but in my mind it does!)
    Mix the other stuff together, add the chicken and let sit for a few minutes. Now the recipe said to cut up a red onion and lightly saute it. When that was softish, remove and add the chicken to the pan and cook, stirring often. When the chicken is cooked add the onion along with a red and green pepper. Mix all together and cook 5 min or so, til peppers and onion reach the desired tenderness. We don't like peppers and onions, so I substituted carrots and broccoli. I was amazed at how good it is, it's my new fave!
    When you cook the chicken, it will stick to the pan, even in a non stick pan, this is because of the honey. The good news is, it comes off easily enough, I just let the pan soak for a bit to loosen everything, then
    into the dishwasher it goes.
    Tracey, you are rocking that course! I can feel your joy coming thru the pages and I'm so happy for you that you will have the training that will enable you to get a job that you will love and find a great deal of satisfaction in! Good for you and Kaitlyn organizing all those photos!
    Heather, have you tried doing quad stretches? I was having trouble several years ago, but the problem was in my hips not my thighs, but my massage therapist figured out that my quads were really tight and they were pulling on my hips. I started doing more quad stretches as well as hamstring and IT band. It made a world of difference and I continue to do them all now. Just my two cents worth.
    Vicky, that accident certainly would add a great deal of excitement to a trip! I'm glad that the only damage was to the vehicle. I would also like to think that your church family would understand your need to get some additional rest even if it was on a Sunday morning!
    I know there's more that I wanted to comment on, but the hour is late and the memory is shot!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to any new gals!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island where the rain was going sideways a few times today.....
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: When Joe announced he was taking both dogs for a walk across the lane I asked if I could join him, if he would wait 10 minutes for me to get dressed. Instead of making a face, he said “Yes,” We had a great walk! We’ll do it again. :heart:
    Welcome @Julieann404 ! There are gals here from all over the globe (Terri in Ireland, Heather in England, Machka in Tasmania, Tracey/Evelyn/Joy in Canada… etc). Some of us have such weird sleep patterns (I usually snooze from 9pm to midnight Pacific time then up til 2 or 3 then back to sleep. . .) you can never tell who will be online and when ;)
    Carol the caring you offer this group shines out from your posts. :heart:
    Tracey I too would like to go out to a meal with Joe once in awhile, but is just is not worth the battle. As eldest of five he eats FAST and then is ready to leave. I prefer a more relaxed and social pace so content myself with the occasional lunch or coffee with pals.
    Evelyn thanks for your chicken stir fry recipe, will try it next week after I finish off the last of today’s variation on Ginny’s balsamic crockpot chicken. ;)
    3/11: Move mins- wii:13 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 line dance class:104 Jeopardy walking:41 Steps:8108
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=18 CI<CO net=543 vits=1
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, ptT, ptS, filing. Wt:134.7

Time for second sleep. . .
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Welcome @Julieann404 ! There are gals here from all over the globe (Terri in Ireland, Heather in England, Machka in Tasmania, Tracey/Evelyn/Joy in Canada… etc). Some of us have such weird sleep patterns (I usually snooze from 9pm to midnight Pacific time then up til 2 or 3 then back to sleep. . .) you can never tell who will be online and when ;)
    Barbara

Yes, I'm over here on my little island in Australian Eastern Daylight Time. :)

M in Oz

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    In my book, 100 Days of Weight Loss by Linda Spangle, day 12 is about not eating junk food. I'm pretty good about that. Day 13 says not to skip meals which is sort of the opposite of intermittent fasting. I think logging is the key, because you can look back and see whether skipping a meal saves calories or not. Of course, you shouldn't get so hungry you have headaches or binges. I usually skip dinner and it generally doesn't bother me. I can feel a light interest in food, but I can resist it.

Annie in Delaware
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,203 Member
    edited March 13
    Options
    I slept all night in the same bed! :D I was a bit tossy-turny by the end of the night, but did drift off now and then. This morning I was not so painful. Yesterday evening was really awful, like really, so I doubled the painkillers. So, I was pleased this morning. Still resting, using heat, doing v mild stretches of back, hips, quads. Really listening to my body. Still doing upper body strength work. So far, so good.
    I rang the sports clinic and increased my appointment to one hour from the 45 minutes i originally booked. I don't want to feel in a rush. I think they do some hands on stuff.

John had severe indigestion in the night. Gaviscon didn't work, so he got up and had milk and shortbread biscuits. I didn’t hear him.

Dim Sum for lunch. Smoked salmon, peas, and Philly pasta tonight with broccoli.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx