Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,846 Member
    edited March 5
    Options
    Hi Maureen,

My sister has always wanted to see the northern lights. She very seriously had it on her bucket list.

We looked at land trips in Canada and Alaska, but then she saw a cruise to take, so that's what we did.

We saw the aurora last night and the night before, and she is so happy. She's my only sibling, and we are in our late 60s, so I'm glad we could make this happen for her.

Lana
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    jqy9y25qdx12.png
    *** March 6 ***

Good morning all~~

Where is Sara? The Cabana Boys have organized a search party! 🌴

i3l8e5jmvilz.jpg

Worried Lana
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana your trip sounds wonderful. Beau the search dog is a real sweetheart. Lost a whole week? Wow that is pretty bad. Got things done that I had promised people I would fix/make.

Apple cake was last night's experiment. Will use walnuts next time and smaller pieces of apple.

Work is such drama. An acquired clinic miles away is creating all kinds of craziness. I am out of the line of fire for now. Not sure about working OT.

Up until today I have walked 7k every work day since last Monday. Body is not happy. Will try harder tomorrow.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 7
    Options
    pxd3k7gswjel.jpeg
    *** March 7 ***

Good morning!

Sara - so glad that you are safe and sound, well except for your body, which is unhappy about the 7K treks you've been on. The Boys need to give you a foot massage!
    Bummer about more drama at work with the newly acquired clinic. Yes, keep your head down.

I have been feeling weary, and I find myself looking forward to getting home, which is not for another week. Goodness!

Waves to all who stop by later on~~

Lana
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sara, you've been busy. Is walking typically hard for you? I hadn't done hills in a while, and today did my usual hilly route (out where Skye got injured, so we hadn't been back while she was healing). Man that first hill almost took me out! It's almost a half-mile of incline and mostly pretty steep. How quickly we lose what we had built up.

Lana, what a great trip to take with a sister. I don't ever want to be cold again, so I'll make do without the Northern Lights, but I get the appeal. My oldest sister and I are already taking a hiking/walking trip in 2025. Maybe England, maybe Switzerland. Maybe somewhere we hadn't thought of yet :)

I hope all are doing well. Take care.

Maureen
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    yrdw9dzgmwzl.jpeg
    *** March 8 ***

Hello All~~

Maureen, I am right there with you on the cold weather. I had to buy cold weather clothes for this trip; it will get donated or sold back (REI co-op). The hiking/walking trip with your sister sounds good + fun just doing the research~

Sara - it's Friday! Will you be working some overtime this weekend or will you have the two days off?

Waves to Missy and all who might pop by later on ⛱️

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hi. I’m seating dinner at 5 pm, but I go to bed by 7:30 so it’s not that early :smile:

I didn’t log food yesterday. I needed an “off” day and didn’t care if I went over. Back on track with my healthy eating again today.

Super rainy today, knee pin yesterday, so only a couple of active days outside work. I get a specific pain in my knees and feet when my arch support is worn out, and it was bad yesterday after a long post-work walk on Thursday. Plus yesterday was a college fair and I had to walk almost 4 miles while really uncomfortable. I’m have new footwear and a brand new rain jacket, so the pups and I are out tomorrow for sure.

Looking forward to hearing what you’ve been up to.

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    8abv3mvwa3a7.png
    *** March 10 ***

Peep!

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hi, all. Got a nice walk in while still being respectful of my knees. I bought new inserts but I'm not sure they work. I took Ibuprofen which has helped, but I had an ulcer last year and need to be careful with it. Full stomach and antacids--will see if that works.

Down another lb. Slow--so slow--but steady.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Happy Monday,

Wow last week was a real kick in the pants also when one of our servers got hacked and response for ins elig for most of the insurances had to be done manually on their websites. Ate a LOT of chocolate.

Tomorrow is the first of 3 Dr apt, dental cleaning is first.

Time change is hard as I do not like to go walking after dark. Today I got 7.5k so I am pleased. Joints are beginning to realize this may not be temporary.

• mikeyrowlands
    mikeyrowlands Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Haha, I can't believe there is a thread for us. I was looking for a motivation boost this Morning and landed here.

I've been on and off the app, tracked food, lost weight, gained muscle and looped back around.

My health and my job both cause me misery, life is too short, I can do something about both so im tracking again today to shift a couple of stone.

Here we go. ✊️
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    Tuesday March 12th

Waiting at the Bergen Norway airport to get short flight to London and then to the hotel.

Welcome Mikey 👋🏻

BBL

Lana
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hi all. I had 2 donuts for lunch--logged 'em, too.

My 3rd block class is so great, and I treated them to donuts. I'm trying to give away the last 3 so I don't eat them too. But I can save them for my sons.

I wouldn't eat like this more than once or twice a year -- that's what makes it fun!

Have a great day.
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Monday was bad enough, I am not sure today was any better. Sometimes that just is.

• LanaCabana537
    edited March 13
    Options
    56xzncsiii7w.jpeg
    *** March 13 ***

Good morning all~~

I am in London at the airport hotel, checking out soon and looking forward to being back home.

I am psyched to get back to normal eating of normal food. Maureen, I didn't have any donuts, but plenty of pastries.

Sara - I hope that your Wednesday goes well. Good things could happen that have nothing to do with work. Hugs 🤗

Waves to Missy and anyone new who stops by today.

Lana

no idea what I currently weigh 😁

• Tilliesmommy1
    Options
    Good evening,

Lana I hope your flight went well. Doughnuts just do not compare to pastries especially European ones.

Whole week no dragon. What will I do? I might get bored.

Got into a smaller size pair of pants which was encouraging and may motivate....

• LanaCabana537
    Options
    8evfy4r1popl.jpeg
    *** 3 - 14 ***

Good morning all~~

Sara - you are right about pastries vs. doughnuts 😋
    You are having an entire week without the dragon!? Good for you~
    The smaller pants are even inspiring me~ So happy for you

Waves to all who stop by later on....

Lana

270.8 today (not awful, everything considered...)
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Good morning. It's been a rough day or two-Yesterday, 4 hours of student testing followed by a 3 hour meeting and a last second announcement that one of my colleagues has been charged with something very serious. Someone anesthetize me until after spring break, please. I feel so bad about this colleague. And I only want them to get a fair shake in the legal system. If they committed the offense, it's bad. If not, their future may still be significantly damaged. A young person who will have difficult time finding work again in education.

Sara, I'm glad you found the smaller pants fitting. What a nice reward for your efforts.

Lana, welcome home. I hope you'll share pics.

I have arthritis in my knees and thumbs--lowest thumb joints, deep into the hand. Not looking forward to knee replacements that I think will be my only real solution. I found out I can run after knee replacement, but it means I might need a 2nd double knee replacement after 15 years. Oh, well. I'm not me without running.

Hope you are all having a better couple of days. I'm ok--my sons, students, and pups make it impossible to feel too down or mope. Glad they are all in my lives.

TTFN.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    lxhfcq67dtj5.png
    *** March 15 ***

Good morning all~~

Maureen - So true - you would not be you without your running. One day at a time.... things will work out.
    That sure is something about your work colleague. What news after a long day with a 3-hour meeting. Wow.

I will find a photo or two to post, but it wasn't really a photo-type trip.
    We saw the northern lights, but none of my photos will look anything like those amazing photos taken by professionals that are tacked onto any article about the aurora.

I am looking forward to getting some things checked off of my Do List. It's a very long and ancient Do List 🤣

⛱️ The Cabana Boys are planning out the big Friday Happy Hour. Sara is going to choose the music playlist 🎶 🌴

Lana

269.0 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    A long week and a few nights of poor sleep—I’ve been waiting for bedtime since I got home.

Glad to see you are safely home, Lana.

I’m filling out my Medicare application this weekend. I’ll be 65 on Sunday. Still no plan to retire!

I get to try jogging tomorrow at 5 pm. Wish me luck.