MARCH 2024 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I have a question about shoes. I have recently signed up for my first trail run in May. Do I need to get trail shoes, or will my road shoes be ok? And if I do get trail shoes will I be able to use them to run on the roads? I typically run from my house, so my runs are all on roads.

For PK you'll be ok in road shoes. Esp because you don't really do trails any other time.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    Great workout and run today @Teresa502 . I'm sure the organizers were devastated too and I understand why it isn't feasible to reschedule. I'm glad at least you get first dibs next year. I'm glad there were no alligators too!

@Mari33a You did great slogging it out. Glad you beat the rain.

Glad you had a nice run today @kgirlhart , even if it was hot. I'll leave the shoe question to those trail runners among us. :wink:

@yirara Getting out the door and getting it done is the most important thing. I do hope they get easier for you soon though.
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your race Saturday @emptydog!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,989 Member
    Options
    Thanks @martaindale. It's nice to be able to get advice from someone who has run this race before.

Good luck on your race Saturday @emptydog!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    @emptydog Great running. Good luck with your race tomorrow.

Thanks @tarun_yadavA . Hahaha Great run and streak. Enjoy tonight and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

Great running @teresa502. I'm glad you didn't get stormed on.
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,074 Member
    Options
    @daria0919 No shame in stepping down to the lower level training group. You'll still be prepared for race day and your body will have more opportunity to recover.