JUST FOR TODAY... One day at a time .. Daily Commitment for 2024

Options

Replies

• Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    It's late to post goals here for today so I'll just give an update on the chemotherapy/cancer treatment for now and I'll hop on with goals tomorrow.

On Monday, I had my first follow-up scans to see if the chemo & immunotherapy treatments have been working. On Tuesday morning, I saw the Oncologist for results prior to what was supposed to be my last chemo for this round of treatment. I'm EXCITED to share that the results were GREAT!

I was told at my last appointment that the goal is to stop the cancer growth and to not be disappointed if the scans didn't show any decrease in size of the masses. I was told that the goal with Stage 4 cancer is to stop it from growing and as long as there is no increase/change in current masses and no new masses, then that was considered success. So, you can imagine my surprise when the doctor told me that the masses on November's scans are no longer there! He said the results of my scans were GREAT! My doctor said that if he were to put a number on it, he'd guess 95% of cancer is gone, if not completely gone. This is amazing news for this kind of aggressive cancer!

He not only said that my response to treatment was GREAT, but he cancelled my last chemo! He said for a chance of getting perhaps 1.5% more response, it wasn't worth the side effects and illness I have had just to get that last dose. So...I had no chemo this week! Which means no nausea or vomiting, no bone pain, no mouth sores, no fingertip or foot pain....I get to just start building my strength back up instead. Yay!!!

I feel so blessed, and the feelings of overwhelm from relief, gratitude, fear, all the stuff that goes with cancer, have left me exhausted! Our prayers were answered! I slept most of yesterday and I'm still really fatigued today. I'm not naïve; I know that at any time it could reappear with the need to go back into battle, but for today I am in remission and I'm so thankful!

So....I am taking it slow and rebuilding my strength. These past months have left me pretty weak. But I am ready to jump back in and take charge of getting as healthy as I possibly can, to give myself the best chance to live MANY more years as strong, healthy and able-bodied!

I just wanted to share, as I've been in this group with some of you for many years and I thought you might like to hear the news! Yay!!!

I'll see you on here tomorrow! Have a wonderful evening!

Oh my goodness that's amazing news!

F you cancer! 🖕🖕😂
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I need more than a "like" button for your post! So so pleased for you. I've only been back on the thread for a few weeks, but I've thought of you often, knowing you were having such harrowing treatment. How marvellous that you also didn't need the last chemo treatment.
    Now it's your time to relax and recover and build yourself up again :)
  • littleblackskirt
    Options
    @pridesabtch Gia is such a lovely looking dog. Is she with you permanently now, or just visiting?

JFT Thursday 14th March

THINK before I eat ✅
    No more than one snack ❌ 2
    Get car ready ✅
    Do something productive inside ✅

JFT Friday 15th March (the Ides of March!)

THINK before I eat
    No more than one snack
    PF exercises
    Back exercises
    Be productive!

I've already dropped my car off at the garage and walked home. If car is okay, I'll get the second part of the walk later when I collect it.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB I am soooo happy for you. That is truly miraculous news. Let the rebuilding begin!
  • pridesabtch
    edited March 15
    Options
    @pridesabtch Gia is such a lovely looking dog. Is she with you permanently now, or just visiting?

She is just here for spring break. My daughter's crew team has a spring training event in Tennessee and we are just keeping Gia while she is gone. She is a super sweet dog. Still a puppy, but much more mellow than she was 5 months ago.
  • pridesabtch
    Options

JFT Thursday
    - Bring pie to work :smiley:
    - Meetings starting at 8:00 :smiley:
    - Leave work by 4:30
    - Go by mom's to sort bills :smiley:
    - Home :smiley:
    - Nap :(
    - Dinner :(
    - Shower :(
    - Bed :smiley:

Went way overboard last night. Food choices were good, but I decided to have a few drinks. Then I ran into an old friend and the drinks kept coming. We we out way later than planned. No matter, I had a great time. Of course, I totally didn't want to get out of bed this morning. Friday's at work are incredibly boring. Most of my employees work 4 x 10 instead of 5 x 8, so it's like a ghost town here on Fridays. V is coming in tonight, and we are taking Gia to Sierra Sunday so I will get to see both kiddos this weekend. That makes me smile.

JFT Friday
    - Work by 8:00 :( 8:15
    - Stay awake
    - Meetings
    - Stay awake
    - Maybe home for lunch...
    - Meetings
    - Home by 5:00

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,596 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/15/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/9)
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 18.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/13)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/8)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..

================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Hoping you’re all having a great day!

I’m still very fatigued so I’m keeping goals small to ease back into things.

JFT, Friday, March 15th
    • 64 oz water before 7:00 p.m.
    • Level up to unprocessed whole food choices >80% of the day
    • Close at least one activity ring on my watch
    • Journal / prayer and devotional time
    • Early bedtime. Evening routine.

Focus of 2024: Today, I have my health. Today, I choose peace and joy.
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - Need to eat lunch early today because of two meetings.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited March 15
    Options
    Recap Thursday, 3/14
    Log - No
    Hydrate - A bit short
    Healthy food choices - Did okay the first half of the day. Then we went for ice cream and I had takeout for dinner.
    Post - :)
    Visit Mom and take her out - :)
    Finish mid-semester grades! - Almost
    Finish St. Pat's Day crochet project? - Worked on it a bit, but my leprechaun still needs his hat and pot of gold
    Relax - :)
    Sleep - Fair - 6 h. 19. min.

JFT Friday, 3/15
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy food choices
    Exercise?
    2 chores
    Finish grades and send monitoring reports
    Finish St. Pat's Day crochet project?
    Relax with family
    Sleep
  • beachwalker99
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - I am so very happy to hear your wonderful news!
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,072 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Think I'm ready to start again!

Got sick to death of saying "today's the last day of bad eating" only to do it again.

So it's too late now but can start tomorrow.
    If I don't will someone PLEASE tell me off 😂

I noticed today because today has been the first warm enough day (atleast it was this morning) where I didn't need a coat. A cardigan was enough. And I felt SO self conscious and catching sight of myself in reflections left me feeling miserable

I also canxelled the appointment for my potential Achilles tendonitis as it was feeling much better. Only for it to start hurting again literally the next day.
    What's that? Sods law?

Anyway now I'm too embarrassed to book another one so will just deal with it for now. It may get better again!
    But if not, I'll have to bite the bullet and book another appointment
  • more_freggies76
    edited March 16
    Options
    JFT for 3/15/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).✔️
    3) Peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/9)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Monday, Mar 18.✔️
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/13)✔️Didn't eat today
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/7)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/8)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..✔️
    JFT for 3/16/24 (tomorrow)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios).
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/15)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/15)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/15)
    16) Can eat dinner early if we go with FIL.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,201 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB; -- I'm getting ready for bed and will write more tomorrow.. but what WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Made my day!! I've been thinking of you so so much!! Love you.. thanks for the best news! Will write more tomorrow!

• littleblackskirt
    Options

THINK before I eat ✅
    No more than one snack ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ✅
    Be productive! ✅

I've already dropped my car off at the garage and walked home. If car is okay, I'll get the second part of the walk later when I collect it.

Still thinking and being aware before I eat, but need to make better choices. I had bread and jam for my main meal yesterday, that won't help my iron levels! The morning walk was okay, but by the time I walked back to collect my car in the afternoon my foot and back were aching so it was difficult. Was also raining again!
    I've made an appointment with the osteopath for next week, I'm concerned about how I will manage this spring and summer when I'm in pain every time I do something.

JFT Saturday 16th March

THINK before I eat
    Only one snack
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

Today is the only day in the next 2 weeks which is forecast dry (until about 4pm anyway!) so I really need to start doing outside things. Will take it slowly.

• beachwalker99
    Options
    JFT Friday, 3/15
    Log - No
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy food choices - Mostly
    Exercise? - No time
    Post - :)
    Errands - :)
    2 chores - :)
    Finish grades and send monitoring reports - Still need to send reports
    Finish St. Pat's Day crochet project? - Almost
    Relax with family - :)
    Sleep - Better. 6h 22min but fewer times waking up

JFT Saturday, 3/16
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy food choices
    Exercise
    Sleep
  • more_freggies76
    Options
    JFT for 3/16/24 (today)✔️
    1) Dessert ok today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies & girl scout cookies, homemade cookies, no pistachios). But can have some of his candy hearts.
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/15)
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    11) No bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/15)
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/15)
    16) Eat restaurant dinner with DH. Can have what I want including dessert if he wants.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.

Sample

• PackerFanInGB
    Options

THINK before I eat ✅
    No more than one snack ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ✅
    Be productive! ✅

Still thinking and being aware before I eat, but need to make better choices. I had bread and jam for my main meal yesterday, that won't help my iron levels! The morning walk was okay, but by the time I walked back to collect my car in the afternoon my foot and back were aching so it was difficult. Was also raining again!
    I've made an appointment with the osteopath for next week, I'm concerned about how I will manage this spring and summer when I'm in pain every time I do something.

JFT Saturday 16th March

THINK before I eat
    Only one snack
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

Today is the only day in the next 2 weeks which is forecast dry (until about 4pm anyway!) so I really need to start doing outside things. Will take it slowly.

I’m glad you’re going to see an Osteopath! This has been an issue for you for awhile! You will be happy you didn’t wait any longer when the weather gets nicer. :flowerforyou:

• PackerFanInGB
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    @PackerFanInGB; -- I'm getting ready for bed and will write more tomorrow.. but what WONDERFUL NEWS!!! Made my day!! I've been thinking of you so so much!! Love you.. thanks for the best news! Will write more tomorrow!

Thank you! It’s very encouraging for sure! I thought you might like to hear it…😁😉💞 Love you too, my friend! Have a great weekend!