pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 9min 7sec, 58elev, 2.91ap, 85ahr, 112mhr, 6.34mi= 681c
    Strava app = 777c

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Mechanic had him try an additive in the gas but that didn't work so will be driving the old van up to mom's.
    Of course, the warranty ran out on my car last month. When we purchased the car and warranty they talked him into buying a 4yr warranty(used car-two years old). We found out recently that the 4 yrs started when the car was new, not when we purchased it- Some shady stuff goes on at that place
    Same place, when we took it in for something else, said we didn't have a warranty- One of their people had canceled the policy, pocketed the cash, and we had no idea until we tried to use it.
    This dealer used to be really good, bought most of our cars from them. Not anymore
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Debbie Hugs!
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »
    Debbie Hugs!

thanks!!
    Tow truck driver showed up at 5:58- so , canceled- nice guy- said they never should have told dh 30 min.

Going to head up to mom's as soon as he gets back from his.
    Hate driving in the dark but it is worth it to spend the weekend with my mom.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    Options
    Rita - No doubt your DH's miscommunication "skills" are very stressful for you, especially if he's giving wrong info to the campers. Please, please vent here all you want. We are here for you. <3 HUGS <3Kim is spot on, many of us have been or are going through similar. :(

If anyone wants to weigh in here..... looking to get a back-up laptop this year. Either a basic model HP with very few bells and whistles or a "renewed" Apple Macbook of some vintage from Amazon. Prices on both are about the same, but the price on the HP can escalate with purchase of the Word/Excel office suite. Thinking of just taking this old HP offline and using just Word and Excel and storing photos.

Early stages. Plenty of YouTube videos about Mac's - I know nothing about them. Might not be worth the learning curve.

TIA. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

As a PC user for decades, I find Macs frustrating.

My husband and I went with Dells for our main laptops. As for MS Office, I went with the subscription to 365.

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    The symphony was another stunning performance! Well worth attending. We've attended two symphonies this month and both have been amazing.
    Machka in Oz

At the symphony last night:

Grieg Norsk, Op 53 No 1; Kulokk and Stabbelåten, Op 63 No 2
    Grieg Piano Concerto in A minor, Op 16
    Sibelius Symphony No 3 in C, Op 52
    Sibelius Finlandia, Op 26

The last piece in the symphony yesterday was Sibelius' Finlandia. First time I have seen it played and it was amazing!

Machka in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    On Thurs did a Kathy smith DVD, did HIIT today and the plan for tomorrow is to do a yoga DVD.

There was supposed to be a launch Wed. but it was scrubbed until Thurs. Only that one was scrubbed to tonight. We shall see

Played cards Thurs night Why does it seem that I’m always so busy. The guy about the bathroom came and took measurements. We were supposed to take this one gal to the airport today, her flight kept getting pushed back, now it’s canceled. Well, we’ll be able to go to the pot luck and then play cards.

Barbara – Vince wouldn't watch exercise videos, he’s waiting for vitamin E to be developed. He’s someone who feels that if there’s something not right, take a pill. That’s one thing that we differ in. I believe in trying to heal yourself with food and exercise. At least at first. Admitted, there are some things that you must take a pill for (like osteoporosis) but I do believe that pt can do so much. From when he hurt his back last year, he hasn’t been doing his exercises pt gave him. Didn’t I tell you that’s what would happen. But I must say that ever since the time change, he has been walking around the parking lot

M – happy belated birthday

Annie – I, too, feel that the plate should be clean. One thing I do do many times is use a smaller plate. Oh, yes, Goodwill will take the mugs, etc

Allie – happy birthday to Carmine. And remember, the more they pull away, the harder they come back. Does she know about the twins yet? Smiles is getting SOO big

Heather – reading how you were limping broke my heart. How frustrating! You were always so very active, and you will be again one day. Bea looks so pretty in her outfit. Good choice

Joy – what kind of pierogi do you make? I only make the cheese since that’s all the family will eat. Me? I like the sauerkraut ones, too

Everyone in Ohio – prayers for the safety of you all

Crystal – welcome and happy birthday

After the pot luck played cards, saw the launch was really nice since they delayed it so that it was an evening launch.

Rita – hug

Walked on the elliptical this morning for an hour, my pedometer says I only took 2,000 steps. I know that isn’t right. It was probably placed in my pocket wrong

Debbie – that’s horrible the employee canceled your warranty. What are they doing about this?

Michele who used the timer on her phone this afternoon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,489 Member
    Options
    Today’s gratitude:pastel sky and sea. Calm, mild morning.
    Yesterday: Brake light repair cost $6, part only no labor charged! Good company, lots of laughter and successful shopping. Yummy vegan lunch with leftovers. If you’re ever in North Bend, OR, stop at the Tin Thistle for the Hawaiian Teriyaki veggie burger. Watch out, those ‘bowls” (salad or rice) are deceptive, they have more in them than it seems. Get the small. ;)
    Ah Spring! Balmy 65F sweet smelling air, lovely stroll with D. Indulged in brown sugar boba, was like drinking a Milky Way candy bar. Oops.
    Kim I loved your insights on love, with/without conditions and how to approach conversations about needed behavior changes. Would you be my godmother? ;}
    Beth how insightful of your husband “…or to show them they are loved…” and you “choosing love is never wrong.” :heart:
    Rita, you can believe it. Love you!
    Heather ((hugs)) Hope there are more and better treatment options for the arthritis and stenosis that if the pain turned out to be vascular. ((hugs)) Loved the Bea’s birthday pics, especially the sox with the party dress, necklace and MaryJanes. ;)
    Joy congrats on taking off that pound. 16 dozen perogies? Wow!
    Tracey you are going to be such a blessing to every child you serve.
    Lisa hope the tornado warning never developed.
    3/14: Move mins- wii:0 PT:0 d:0 x&a:0 dogs:0 shopping:128 Jeopardy walking:41 Steps:8372
    Fuel: sugar in vs mfp=-13 CI<CO net=602 vits=0.5
    Live: Joe, readings, BP, AF, ptT, ptS, Tower Ford, Natural Grocers, Coos Head Coop, Tin Thistle, Dragonfly Farms. Wt:131.2
    Only through pg 36 but dinnertime… ;)
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    March: Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Machka9
    edited March 16
    Options
    Welp silly cat hopping up and down to wake me up to feed her wet food at 3:30 this morning the crazy girl..
    I have one lone tree frog out there peeping.going to try and get back to sleep..
    Glad to hear you are well with the wild weather..

We put out enough dry food for Rhody for the night and we do not get up until morning to feed him. Come about 7:30 am, he'll start making demands.

I was the same way with my previous cats.

Fortunately, they learned to sleep through the night, or play quietly, because it would take nothing short of an earthquake or fire alarm to get me up and doing something in the middle of the night.

Oh also ... one way not to lose your posts is to use the Save Draft option.

Another way is to post the post at some point when it is getting a bit long, and then edit it.

M in Oz