WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Lisa I love the mural on the refrigerator! What a wonderful idea and execution.
    Betsy I understand your sister wanting to spend more time in Alaska. Prayers are with you all!
    Allie I am Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh. A mix if there was one. Happy St Patricks Day!

In Kentucky, have put some trim up to help limit mouse entrance in house. Breakfast done, kitchen cleaned. Getting ready to work on work stuffs.

Does anyone else's spouse always, I mean always, come in and want something the last 5 minutes of a program you are watching? I can set my watch on it. So frustrating........especially when watching live TV.

Anyway, work won't get done if I don't get started on it.

Much love!
    Kylia in Kentucky for the moment where to sun is shining, but it is cold
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    Rita ~ You are a technology Whiz to be admired! :)

Lisa ~ Your mural is inspirational. Love the contrast between the seasons. By the way, I had to look up the "h" word you used to describe how you keep a distance between Amazon and other businesses. Can't remember the word, but it was apt to what you were expressing.

Welcome to all and prayers for all!
    Carol in GA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    💖👍🏼
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,694 Member
    Options
    soxp8r06i7o1.jpg
    Thought this appropriate..
    Tom came and picked up Alfie..so he is going to his vacation home till Wednesday..
    Got the laundry done..
    Did go up to Trudys last night and had corned beef no cabbage for me ,but had some potato..and some cranberry juice.
    The guy she has been seeing has been sort of being a man
    So she has been kvetching about that..im glad im single..
    Taking Doris to get bloodwork done and haircut done on Tuesday
    Tracy is 11 weeks along
    The reason she wanted to have another baby is so that Miles would have a sibling to grow up with..he loves the little ones at day care.
    I don't get in the middle of things..I just want everyone healthy and happy.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,536 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    Annie I got a bid from a dealer already so we shall see if I do end up taking it to Carmax.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,733 Member
    Options
    Machka - it must be so hard on you at times.

Heather - Lighting is always the hardest. I don’t know if they are available over there, but there is a light called Ottlite. There are different styles, they are very good for painting and crafts as they give a true light so your colours show accurately. They are pricy, but they do work very well.
    Bea is going to be a star someday.
    I wasn’t here when she was born, but she sure is a cutie.

Allie - you might not get a response but no matter what she’ll know you think about her and haven’t given up on her. It will make a difference in her life, knowing one person in her family still cares. It may take a long time before she is able to express her thoughts though. She has to learn to trust you and not think that anything she may say to you won’t go back to Tracy and Kyle. That could take years of you reaching out without a response.
    I’m sorry that Carmine and Seth were late. I can understand how hurt Tracy must be feeling but Kyle’s leaving just shows his maturity about it all. I don’t know how Tracy handles it with him.

Annie - I literally laughed out loud at your eyes needing more training.

Lisa - I totally agree it depends on the children, Kaitlyn has already laid claim to all of my pictures and has been helping me sort all of this so she can try to remember. I’m sure Lauryn will be interested too, just not so much that she wants to be the family historian. Although funnily enough, she learned in grade 7 when she had to do a family history project for school that my Dad’s family were part of the United Empire Loyalists and all descendants could write UEL after their names. She did that the rest of the year. She also learned that on my Mom’s side one ancestor was hanged in the Salem witch trials.
    Miss Michaela wants nothing more than to be like Kaitlyn so will probably show some interest, but she’s young yet.

Rita - hugs I don’t understand how people expect anything to ever be repaired when they won’t talk. I know it happens far more frequently than it should.

Lanette - businesses are closing here too. It a catch 22, I don’t know about your location but $20 an hour is still a non living wage here in Edmonton. People need more money to work, business have to increase prices, customers can’t afford things because their wage isn’t high enough.
    I don’t know the answer, but things sure are in a messy state.

Those mattress toppers sure do give us a wrestling match. It’s almost a workout.
    The person I started following on Reels is Dr. Stephanie Ridgeway

Lisa - that mural is stunning. I love it!

I thought I posted this last night.
    Tracey in Edmonton

Pg 42
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Lisa, beautiful painting!

Heather, hope the sports clinic is helpful.

Annie, decided to take inspiration from you and get outside for some much needed walking. My walking trail that goes up onto one of our fields still has snow on it so doing some walking in the yard....which is huge so I really have no excuse. Most of the snow in the yard is gone so can walk in my runners instead of boots. Did 15 minutes so far this morning and took the two dogs with me. They followed for the first two rounds then stood back and watched me for a bit before joining in again. Silly things...probably wondering what I was doing. Will try to do another 15 minute walk this afternoon. Will continue with this routine for the coming week before I increase it.

Joy
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »

Pg. 41 there were a few questions and suggestions for me from the ‘Barbaras’ and Machka. I’ll try to answer them:
    1. No I do not have a sponsor. Being only online, I can’t find one. If anyone on here wants to be my sponsor, PM me. I would love it!

RVRita

:)Rita, Is there anyone at the online meetings who sounds like they have worked the Steps and have sponsored others? If so, send a chat message and ask for their phone number. In the absence of that, Al Anon World Services has a great deal of literature including at least one book about the Al Anon Twelve Steps. Take a look at what they have to offer.

<3 Barbie

• bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    It was a beautiful morning ... but has since clouded up and has started s.n.o.w.i.n.g.... Sigh.

Went to church and watched my boy sing ... hoping I can hear him again someday. I'm told his voice was beautiful and that the song touched many.

Had hoped to have corned beef for dinner tonight, but I put the flat in the oven too late I think. I'm not a fan of the crockpot and I absolutely do not like boiled corned beef so I do a slow braise in the oven. I'll make Reubens with it tomorrow. Dinner will probably be a takeout pizza. I do have to bake later tonight though. My son asked if I would bake him something to celebrate St. Patty's at work tomorrow ... we've settled on Brownies with mint frosting and chocolate ganache.

Beth near Buffalo

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Betsy - safe travels as you head north for the summer. Give your sis a hug from us!

Rita - thank so much for the computer input. I recall we had Open Office on one of our machines years ago and it got hung up on the updates or something. Anyhow, wasn't doing the job. It looks like Libre Office has a good reputation.

**Reminder for the weekly Check-in tomorrow** as usual, please get info to me today or tomorrow morning. TIA.

I'm out to play in the sun for a bit before it gets hot = 70F, lol. :p

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,377 Member
    Options
    Back inside after having to run like mad and not quite making it, and I needed to take a shower anyway (😐🥺 ). Anyway...

Betsy - You'll be missed! Enjoy every moment of Alaska with your sis. Many hugs and many wishes for traveling grace as you go.

Later,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR
  • Joy1580vb
    Joy1580vb Posts: 283 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    Lisa, is pressure treated wood good for garden beds? Pressure treated here means treated with chemicals which can leach out into the soil and is not recommended for garden beds. Maybe you are lining the beds?...I think some people line with plastic.

Joy
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Options
    Got home about an hour ago- unpacked and now trying to catch up on here, Facebook and emails.
    Had a good time, nice visit with the guy who grew up just three houses from us when we were kids.
    Cooked a big dinner- corned beef, roasted little yellow potatoes, steamed broccoli plus some Jewish Rye bread. Tropical cake(pineapple,coconut and pecans) for dessert. He loved all of it, so did mom. As a single guy, he said he doesn't get home cooked meals like that very often.
    He does have a girl friend- name is Ping Ping- so don't think she would be cooking corned beef or other things Mike grew up eating. He came out early and stayed 5 plus hours. We will be doing it again soon. Mom loved having him there. Said he is like one of her kids.(he is 64 so not really a kid)
    He will be out to visit mom again soon(he has been going out about once ever couple weeks) and more when we finally get the room mate out. He will be there to help plant the green house and the garden.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA