WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2024

Options

Replies

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,392 Member
    Options
    Kim - Thanks for the tip!

Joy - I'll ask Corey - I have no idea if he's lining it or not.
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,947 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »

Debbie – that’s horrible the employee canceled your warranty. What are they doing about this?

Michele who used the timer on her phone this afternoon

They won't admit that it was one of their former employees that did it, of course, but they finally got it back but then they said it was four years from the time the car was made, not the date we bought it two years later- I don't think that is right and dh needs to fight it.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Regarding seasons in southern Australia, including Tasmania, autumn started on March 1.

Summer is my favourite season but autumns here are a close second as the weather tends to be a little more settled but still quite warm ... at first, through the month of March and into April and sometimes even into May.

This year, however, I am hoping we start the winter rain late in April because it is incredibly dry and bushfires are popping up all over the place.

We are supposed to get a little rain on Tuesday which I hope will dampen things down a bit.

M in Oz
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Eating Out ... I like eating out. No cooking. No clean-up. But I am almost always disappointed in my meal.

Computers ... I've had Dells, HP, Microsoft Surfaces and Mac. I love my Mac, iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch and would be hard pressed to go back to other brands. I find the Apple products easier to use.

Tracey ... congratulations on getting your certificate!

Dementia ... hard to watch someone you love struggle ...

Debbie ... why didn't you have the tow truck take to the car to the garage anyways? Didn't they have a "drop box" for keys when they're not open?

Going to be a slow day today.
    Beth near Buffalo

They lock the gates to the yard at 6. No way to get to the drop box and don't want to leave my car on the street until Tuesday.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    Sunny and warm here today. Went to church then came home ate lunch and took a nap. I had a headache caused by sinus infection. Saw doc at acute care and am on antibiotics. Hope they work soon.

Hope everyone has a good St. Patrck's Day!

Betsy - traveling grace and prayers for you and your sister.

Allie - I'm so glad you gave Carmine a gift even if the meal did not go well. I used to send cards and small gifts to my nieces and nephews on holidays and birthdays. They were never acknowledged. One time however one of my nephews told me that I was the only person who always remembered his birthday and always sent a card and he really appreciated that. He was in his 40s at that time. I still send cards to all 7 of them for Christmas and birthdays. It makes me feel good if nothing else, so keep trying. You might be surprised some day.

Lisa - nice mural!

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    <3
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Slowly getting things back to normal in my house. Will finish washing all the blankets tomorrow. Have trash out, cooked dinner. Picked up prescriptions (yes, UTI still around). Will try the last script I have then might go to Minute Clinic if not resolve.

Want to take time off Wednesday to see cottages at the Community I am looking at-realized we have the IRS on property Wednesday so need to play that by ear. Maybe they will be gone quickly. Have 3pm meeting I need to take new staff member to. I can make a separate appointment but thought was easier with open house.

Need to get laundry folded and kitchen tidied up, figure out what to take for lunch and what to wear-I think I have a meeting regarding contract bids so I need to wear something other than jeans (darn it!).

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • dlfk202000
    Options
    kymarai wrote: »

Allie I am Irish, English, Scottish, and Welsh. A mix if there was one. Happy St Patricks Day!

Much love!
    Kylia in Kentucky for the moment where to sun is shining, but it is cold

I have no real clue what we are. Grandpa always said we were "Heinz 57"- a little mix of everything. English and German are the only two I know for sure and not sure "how much"
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Rosemarie- I Am so happy for your new adventures!

Lisa- Raised garden sounds beautiful.

It has been a good weekend. I got 4 hours of work paperwork done. Vacuumed up lots of flies-YUCK! Old farmhouse=flies and mice. At least we are on year two of no skunks under it!

Awesome sky driving home. I was trying to describe to my DH. It was a blend of greys, whites, blues, and reds. Some parts were sharp and in focus, other parts looked like someone smeared the paint. It was really cool!

Need to do some training.

Love to all!

Kylia back in Ohio where winter is trying to rear its ugly head again.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,824 Member
    Options
    B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,874 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Optical tests today. My eyes are good except for the fact that my eyes are extremely dry.

The liquid that covers the eye when we blink (often known as tears) has 3 layers: a layer that adheres to the eye, a watery layer, and a layer of oil that holds the watery layer to the eye.

My eyes aren't producing the oil layer so the water layer does not stay.

Most people's eyes remain moist for 10 seconds after a blink, my eyes are completely dry in 2 seconds.

The optometrist recommends talking to my doctor about more tests for Sjogrens Syndrome because my eyes certainly qualify!

M in Oz

https://www.nei.nih.gov/learn-about-eye-health/healthy-vision/how-eyes-work/how-tears-work

aakmj1kln2tu.png

Meanwhile, the optometrist figures that my husband will be in for cataract surgery in 3-5 years.

M in Oz