Options
    Goals for yesterday
    1) stay under caloric allotment✅
    2) no more than 1 Diet Coke❌
    3) workout after work✅
    4) no beer✅
    5) no snacks after work ✅

Yesterdays goals went ok so think I’ll rinse and repeat
    Won’t be able to work out Wednesday because will have to leave work and go to Teigan’s first track meet of the season
    Yesterday went well. I got lucky because I didn’t prep my meals but the food at work sucked so didn’t really have a desire to overeat

I dialed the intensity of my workouts WAY down. I’ve really been in a bad place compared to before … would find reasons to not workout. Seems like making it easier although prob not gonna improve performance very fast is at least helping me show up and at least be active🤷🏼‍♂️
    See you guys later
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Oh yeah and that extra Easter egg I said we had...
    The dog ate it when we were at McDonald's.

I didn't tell him off. It's his separation anxiety and I did leave the bag on the floor. Could of been worse, could of ate them all!

Maybe it's a sign I shouldn't be eating chocolate LOL

Gosh Bex, you were lucky the dog wasn't ill. My cousin had a big vets bill when her labrador ate a chocolate orange at Christmas. Apparently chocolate can be poisonous for dogs, another fact none of us knew in the past.
    Yes, take it as a sign, you were never meant to have that egg! I'm sure the girls will give you a bite of theirs :)

(I've stopped for a cup of tea...no snack, although my mind is still thinking there should be lol)

• beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    For the challenge:
    SW: 194.4
    Gw: 189.4

JFT Tuesday, 3/19
    Log
    Hydrate
    Healthy choices
    Exercise
    Errands
    2 chores
    Relax
    Sleep

• more_freggies76
    more_freggies76 Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    JFT for 3/18/24 (yesterday)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added. Exception - can have some Valentine candy hearts!✔️
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies). Exception - can have some Valentine candy hearts!✔️
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/15)✔️
    4) I won't weigh again until Thursday, Mar 21.✔️
    5) Up to 2.0 oz hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/14). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.✔️
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)✔️
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.✔️
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)✔️
    9) Sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/13)✔️
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.✔️
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/15)✔️
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)✔️
    13) No Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/17)✔️
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.✔️
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..✔️
    16) None of the cornbeef and cabbage today.✔️
    JFT for 3/19/24 (today)✔️
    1) No dessert today (last 3/10) unless I want sugarfree or no sugar added.
    2) None of DH's stash ok today (including candy, chocolate raisins, peeps, ice cream, Valentine candies). Exception - can have some Valentine candy hearts!
    3) No peanut butter ok today, 2.5 to 3 T (last 3/15)
    4) I won't weigh again until Thursday, Mar 21.
    5) No hard cheese ok today (trying not to have cheese everyday) (last 3/18). Note: some grated parmigiana cheese has always been allowed and doesn't count towards hard cheese. Hard cheese at restaurant ok. Can have cheese with restaurant meals.
    6) No honey ok today(1-3 Tbsp.). (last1/25) (a little in honey mustard ok)(last)
    7) Nuts ok (22-30 g) or 12-14 in-the-shell nuts. (last 1/20) Additional nuts in a meal are ok. Like almonds already in green beans. No pistachios today.
    8) No chicken vienna sausage ok today (trying not to have higher sodium stuff everyday)(last 2/17)
    9) No sweet potato and/or pumpkin ok today. (last 3/18)
    10) Only 1 ice drink today.
    11) Bakers chocolate ok today.(last 3/15)
    12) A few tic-tacs as needed everyday. (No max for now, unless it's a problem)
    13) Harvest Snaps(22-30 g) ok today. (last 3/17)
    14) No more than 600 calories for lunch.
    15) No real butter today, unless in cooking..
    16) Can have some of the cornbeef and cabbage today.
    17) Have to have coffee stuff early and be flexible with meals today.

Hour commitment - I won't eat again until after 12 pm.
    ================== 4DW started =============
    4DWs (4 Day Wins) are here, in a shared file:

Sample

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hrtqbsOInIWeA9sl8FLnEv-ignY21p8m/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=108259155343870939869&rtpof=true&sd=true

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    edited March 19
    Options
    5 Pound Challenge
    Updated .. want to be sure everyone is included. If anyone else wants to join.. let us know! It doesn't have to be 5# .. it can be any amount you want! Its just progress and motivation to keep going!

Starting TODAY, St Patricks Day. This challenge will run from now until May 1st (where we might do another 5# challenge)

We can do this guys!!! I know for myself, had I kept to my commitment in January.. I would be down 12 pounds. So lets all do this!! If we do this, just from now until August .. we could all be down close to 20# if we just lose 5 pounds a month. And even if that weight loss is half of that.. 2.5#.. that would be 10 pounds!!!
    I will post our results on April 31st!!!
    Anyone else want to join.. I'll add you to the list!!!

@mytime6630
    SW today 207.2
    5 pound challenge goal: 202
    @Bex
    17th March - 1st May
    SW: 167
    GW: 162
    @cschmitz110515
    SW 184
    Challenge Goal 179
    @TerriRichardson112
    3 lb challenge: (weigh less today than I did yesterday)
    March 17: 137.8 lbs
    March 18: 138.1 lbs
    @Snowflake1968

@Pridesabtch
    March 19: 189.0

@littleblackskirt

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    JFT Monday
    - Weigh in :(
    - Work by 8:00 :smiley:
    - Approve time cards :smiley:
    - Meetings :smiley:
    - Do a safety audit :smiley:
    - Log food :smiley:
    - More meetings :smiley:
    - Home by 4:30 :smiley:
    - Spin Class :smiley:
    - Buy wrapping paper for baby shower gifts :(
    - Wrap gifts :(
    - Dinner :neutral:
    - Bed by 10:00 :smiley:

Yesterday was a bit of a ride. I went home early and laid down as I had a headache and was queasy. Slept for about 45 minutes then changed and headed to the Y to teach. Got there early and rested in my car. I taught spin but I was so dizzy I couldn't even sit on the bike for part of the class. Slight migraine at the beginning of class, full bore migraine by the time I got home. Couldn't eat dinner, water wouldn't even stay down. Went to bed at 7:30 wrapped in multiple blankets and a North Face quarter zip.

Needless to say I stayed in calories yesterday, lol. Felt a little better this morning still got sick, but no dizziness. Took some preemptive meds for the headache to try and control it during the day. Can't take my actual migraine meds because they knock me out.

Took mom to the doctor this morning, but she didn't fast like I had asked her to, so now we have to go back another day to get blood work. Ugh...

Taking Gia back to Sierra this evening. She was so fun to have around, but her job is to love on Sierra.

JFT Tuesday
    - Meetings at 7:00 & 7:30 :smiley:
    - Weigh in :smiley:
    - Pick up mom and take her to doc. :smiley:
    - Back to work
    - Meetings from 11:00 - 3:30
    - Log Food
    - Stay green
    - Take Gia home
    - Dinner & bed time

• cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    @littleblackskirt Righto, US does not use "stones" for weight. I can never figure out how that works.

@more_freggies76 Not everyone is ok with challenges, me included. But I decided I needed a kick in the pants to get the weight moving back down. I'm hoping that competitiveness in me works to my advantage here.

Recap 3/18 M
    1) Meatloaf & baked squash for supper / no evening snack / log all food / 64+ oz. water :smiley: good day, no extra snacking since I was satisfied at supper
    2) Walk dog (have to wait for delivery first) :smiley: 3.75 mi happy dog & happy me
    3) Yelloh (Schwan's) delivery noon - 3:00 ~ much later, so once hubby's Zoom meeting ended I could walk dog / wash dishes / clean something ~ scrubbed walls in powder room and hallway, wiped down kitchen cabinets (so we don't have to do all cleaning the week before Easter) / meal plan, including Easter, and grocery list ~ plus collected pantry items to be used / request written copy of extended warranty / read / digital declutter / other? hubby & I watched ISS fly over last night :smiley: TA-DA!

JFT 3/19 T
    1) Papa Murphy pizzas for supper (have to try them in new oven LOL) / log all food / no evening snack / 64+ oz. water
    2) Walk dog
    3) Choir rehearsal 7:30 / wash glassware on top shelf of hutch / other cleaning? / scrub & refill heated birdbath / refill bird feeders not done other day / finish meal planning & grocery list for tomorrow / read / digital declutter / other?

5# Challenge (ends May 1):
    SW 184 on 3/18/24
    Challenge Goal 179

About me:
    I'm Carmela
    This is my lifestyle. It's. Not. A. Diet.
    Height 5'4"
    66 yrs old
    Reside in Green Bay, WI, USA

2024 Goals:
    1) Ultimate goal weight 150#... I'll be thrilled if I can get back down to 160# this year
    • Post weekly weigh-in on MFP for accountability. Saturday a.m. is my "official" weigh-in day, and I track daily on a separate app (for the visual). My digital scale only shows half pound increments & I'm too cheap to buy a fancier scale.
    • Take measurements & log on MFP every month end
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    • Try new recipes Unfortunately, no wall oven until mid-Feb or later & sad me, but try slow cooker & stove recipes... wall oven installed 2/26 but no new recipes yet.
    3) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x):
    January: 5 days x2wks, 4x1, 3x1, 1x1 [1 wk lots of snow & 1 wk bitter cold so shoveling, treadmill & PT, 1 wk 4 day trips out of town]
    February: 6 days x1wk, 5x1, 4x1, 2x1 [2 wks overnight trips to visit parents]
    • Walk dog 3-4 miles, treadmill when necessary in winter, weights/my home version of circuit & other x-training
    • PT (physical therapy) exercises to strengthen arthritic knees & hip flexor
    4) MapMyWalk app You Vs. the Year 1,024km challenge started on Jan. 1
    • In 2023 I logged 726.88 miles, or 1,169.8 km & completed yearly challenge 11.14.23 :star:
    • In 2022 I logged 500.4 miles, or 805km (knee issues).
    5) At least 7,500 steps per day
    • I can earn $10 every month on my Medicare Advantage Plan with 10+ days of 7,500 steps:
      Jan / Feb / Mar
    6) Participate in my favorite area races ~ I walk, I do not run
    • Registered 12.29.23 for Bellin 10K race on 6.8.24 & eligible to have race fee waived ~ rats, no waiver of fee
    • Register for my other usual events, and add other possible events
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    • Always a good idea
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    • Visit parents 1-2 times each month, phone calls in between ~ they're in their late 80s and live 85 miles away
      canceled visit 1.12-1.13 due to blizzard
      canceled visit 1.21-1.22 due Mom's bad cold
      Mom's bday visit 1.31 with all siblings, in-laws & aunt
      overnight visit 2.12-2.13 / breakfast out with Mom/ladies & aunt, youngest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 2.27-2.28 & eldest brother stopped over
      overnight visit 3.14-3.15 & eldest brother visited
    • Monthly contact with former colleagues/others, now that I'm retired
      1.7.24 HH came over & visited at my invitation
      1.28.24 great-nephew's baptism affirmation in Oakfield, followed by luncheon
      1.29.24 Greenville: BIL's 2nd cataract surgery (hubby was his driver) / lunch at IHOP
      2.2.24 cousin's funeral & saw parents, 2 brothers, most aunts/uncles, few cousins
      2.16.24 pub food from McGeorge's & wine at La Vie with P&B / The Dirty Martinis played
      2.18.24 Greenville: visit w/ hubby's brother, SIL & niece / lunch at Olive Garden
      3.8.24 Darboy: tax docs & long visit with MJSW
    9) Declutter bedroom, home office, basement, books in living room
    • Not as much progress as I hoped last year, but not worse.

Keeping my Word for the Year: Tenacity ~ persistent determination; the mental strength to resist opposition, danger or hardship
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,205 Member
    Options
    5 Pound Challenge
    This challenge will run from now until May 1st (where we might do another 5# challenge)
    I think I have everyone on this list!
    @mytime6630
    SW today 207.2
    5 pound challenge goal: 202
    @Bex
    17th March - 1st May
    SW: 167
    GW: 162
    @cschmitz110515
    SW 184
    Challenge Goal 179
    @TerriRichardson112
    3 lb challenge: (weigh less today than I did yesterday)
    March 17: 137.8 lbs
    March 18: 138.1 lbs
    @Snowflake1968
    SW: 197.6
    @Pridesabtch
    SW: 189.0
    @beachwalker99
    SW: 194.4
    GW: 189.4
    @littleblackskirt:
    SW: 183
    GW: 177
  • mytime6630
    Options
    hgb62ffo5g60.jpg

OMG -- I love this!!! So cute!! Thank you for sharing! Now I really have to learn to crochet! I saw someone that did the cutest little bunnies for easter
  • mytime6630
    Options

I didn't tell him off. It's his separation anxiety and I did leave the bag on the floor. Could of been worse, could of ate them all!

Ha... the dog is helping you out!
  • mytime6630
    edited March 19
    Options

JFT, Monday, 3/18
    1. log all food :) under 1400 cal
    2. concentrate on water :) Ya.. and I was up 4x last nite though! Have to learn to drink more water earlier in the day
    3. concentrate on calories - 1400 or less :)
    4. put ALL NUTS in the freezer .. out of sight :) I put them in a ziplock bag.. in the freezer
    5. put raisins in the back of pantry... out of sight :)
    6. brush teeth after dinner :)
    7. chew gum
    8. concentrate on water i n the evening. :) But .. I did have one small margarita to relieve the stress... but stayed within calorie limit
    Today I am tired, and stressed, so be mindful of what I eat. I always want to eat when stressed.
    WIll get on here later to read all the posts! Late start today.
    JFT, Tues
    1. log all food. keep under or near 1400-1600 cal
    2. concentrate on water
    3. burittos tonite with leftover taco meat
    4. drink water
    5. take a nap, or watch tv tonite. don't eat
    My weight history
    Name is Joan. Age 73; 5'11"
    SW Year 2017: 220-217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206 -- met my goal weight of 178, but gained 5 lbs over pandemic
    SW Year 2020: 182.6 -- gained another 12 pounds through the pandemic
    SW Year 2021:195 -- weight fluctuated all year from 184-190s
    SW Year 2022: 190 - reached 182 in August. But weight on a slow increase the rest of the year.
    SW Year 2023: 207.8 - got my weight down to 195; I always gain again between halloween and New Years.
    SW year 2024: 209.0

Goals for 2024:

Staring weight: Jan 7, 2024: 209.0
    Goal weight at the end of 2024: 175-180, and learn to maintain
    Goal to lose 25-30 lbs this year to be in healthy range
    Weight Goals:
    1st goal weight: 199 - reach this by March
    2nd goal weight: 185 - reach this by July
    Ultimate goal weight: 175- reach this by September
    Weekly Weigh-ins
    Jan 7: 209.0
    Jan 14: 211
    Jan 21: 211.6
    Jan 28:207.2
    Feb 1: 206.2 (goal was 205)
    Feb 4: 206
    Feb 11: 207
    Feb 18:
    226. Feb 25:205.8
    March 3: 206.2 (Goal was 199)
    March 10: Did not weigh in
    March 17: 207.2 -- not going anywhere!! Starting the 5 pound challenge
    March 24:
    March 31:
    April 7:
    April 14:
    April 21:
    April 28:

[/quote]
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630

Will you please add me to your challenge list. I weighed this morning (2 lbs less than yesterday!) and will start with the lower weight or I'd feel like I was cheating myself.

SW 19/3/24 182
    GW 1/5/24 177

182 lbs is a straight 13 stone, so it will be easy for me to remember!
    (Am I right in thinking that the USA doesn't use stones?)

Yeah you're right. Although I've been on this thread so long Ive forgotten how to do stone 😂😂
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,073 Member
    Options

Gosh Bex, you were lucky the dog wasn't ill. My cousin had a big vets bill when her labrador ate a chocolate orange at Christmas. Apparently chocolate can be poisonous for dogs, another fact none of us knew in the past.
    Yes, take it as a sign, you were never meant to have that egg! I'm sure the girls will give you a bite of theirs :)

(I've stopped for a cup of tea...no snack, although my mind is still thinking there should be lol)

I know! I knew chocolates are poisonous but he was fortunately okay!

I did roll up my rug though😂 Didn't trust his backside and I've lost more rugs than I care to mention thanks to his backside!!
  • more_freggies76
    edited March 19
    Options
    Hour commitment - had my early lunch due to appts. Now I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.

Started getting strobe of flashes in my eye last night and had to make last minute appt with ophthalmologist today.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    💗 Terri 💗

I just want to get back to the middle of my weight range.

3 lbs challenge: (weigh less on 24th March than I did on 17th)
    March 17: 137.8
    March 18: 138.1
    March 19: 138.0 (going in the right direction)

💡Under my ceiling, but I need to make sure it doesn’t creep up any further.
    💡More mindful on portions, and snacks today,
    💡Also possible uptick because of extra strength exercises for heart health.

I was having a good day, lots of decluttering, until I tripped and fell late afternoon when out with DH. Bruised knees, ankle and hand, so a bit stiff and sore tonight. DH made dinner, bless him. Very tasty. Hoping it doesn’t impact my exercise tomorrow.

• more_freggies76
    Options
    Hour commitment - I won't eat again until tomorrow.
  • mytime6630
    Options
    Hour commitment - had my early lunch due to appts. Now I won’t eat again until after 5 pm. None of the same foods at dinner as at lunch. Can still have my dose of metamusal.

Started getting strobe of flashes in my eye last night and had to make last minute appt with ophthalmologist today.

Hope all is OK! Glad you got an appointment right away!
  • littleblackskirt
    littleblackskirt Posts: 956 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    @more_freggies76 I hope your eye is okay.

@TerriRichardson112 Hope you don't hurt too much after your fall, always a shock when you fall over.

JFT Tuesday 19th March

THINK before I eat ✅
    Log food ✅
    Stay in the green ✅ by 5 cals!
    No snacking ✅
    PF exercises ✅
    Back exercises ❌

Really made an effort yesterday. Can't tell you how much I wanted to snack, can you believe I even considered eating ONE crisp just to satisfy the urge?! I didn't do that lol.

JFT Wednesday 20th March

THINK before I eat
    Log food
    Stay in the green
    No snacking
    PF exercises
    Back exercises

Opticians today, will likely be an expensive visit!

@cschmitz110515 We have a weird way of counting weight. there are 16 ounces in a pound, and 14 pounds in a stone. It doesn't make for easy maths! I think younger people are more likely to use kg though. You're missing out on the joy of dropping into a lower stone :)

@mytime6630 Next time you update the challenge list, can you change my starting weight to 182 please. Every pound counts lol.

• teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    1) stay under caloric allotment✅
    2) no more than 1 Diet Coke❌
    3) workout after work✅
    4) no beer✅
    5) no snacks after work ❌

Yesterday went well till my daughter made brownies
    Today’s my work Friday

Goal
    Stay under calories
    No beer
    Log all food
    No snack after 8
    Limit 2 diet cokes (who am I kidding with trying to stick with just 1)
    Try to make Teigan’s track meet
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    5 lb challenge:
    SW 3/19: 194.4
    GW 4/30: 189.4

JFT Tuesday, 3/19
    Log - :)
    Hydrate - :)
    Healthy choices - :)
    Exercise - No