What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Revolu7 wrote: »
    I went to a birthday party yesterday and was told by someone i know only as an acquaintance that people really are bothered by me. I asked why is this, and if so why was i invited? I was okay with the answers why.....i guess im not for everybody

None of us are for everybody I spose - as the saying goes - those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind -
  • itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited March 17
    Options
    Logging for profit & clearing land for solar panel farms has moved my *kitten* creek & my fire pit is about to fall off the bank. If they divert any more water I might lose my garage
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,601 Member
    Options
    Logging for profit & clearing land for solar panel farms has moved my *kitten* creek & my fire pit is about to fall off the bank. If they divert any more water I might lose my garage

I’m sorry to hear this. 😔
    Not much pretty to look at with a solar farm and barren, treeless land.
    I hope the erosion doesn’t take your land.
    Aesthetics alone, here in OK, one doesn’t notice the oil wells.
    Once they are in production they kinda blend into the landscape.
    There’s a wind farm a few miles west of OKC and it is hideous.
    Certainly no missing those monstrosities.
    That’s as far as I’ll go on that topic but you can probably guess my feelings on the subject.
  • ___Tams___
    ___Tams___ Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I went to a birthday party yesterday and was told by someone i know only as an acquaintance that people really are bothered by me. I asked why is this, and if so why was i invited? I was okay with the answers why.....i guess im not for everybody

They aren't your people. 😘
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options

I’m sorry to hear this. 😔
    Not much pretty to look at with a solar farm and barren, treeless land.
    I hope the erosion doesn’t take your land.
    Aesthetics alone, here in OK, one doesn’t notice the oil wells.
    Once they are in production they kinda blend into the landscape.
    There’s a wind farm a few miles west of OKC and it is hideous.
    Certainly no missing those monstrosities.
    That’s as far as I’ll go on that topic but you can probably guess my feelings on the subject.
    They moved so fast with this *kitten* and people were so hungry for the little bit of money they're getting not realizing that their 30 year lease is pennies when you consider inflation and then what? Certainly there have been no significant environmental impact studies done. When I moved here it was impressed upon me that I was moving into an agricultural area and that I need to be comfortable with the sounds and smells of farming and I was even asked if I would agree to not make certain modifications to my property (nothing forced, just requested) so as not to turn this into a commuter town but to keep it for farming. I was glad to make those agreements because this is the lifestyle I wanted and now these people are selling their birthright. It seems like the only people holding out are a few families who don't have property with their homes, the Amish, and me.

But yeah, even coming from different places geographically and politically, you and I have some common ground here. I know I know we need to stop talking about it now😂🤗
  • artsrule
    artsrule Posts: 42 Member
    Options

People who don't have anything nice to say should not speak at all...
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,222 Member
    Options
    Long drives
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    my wife, Juniper
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    There I was doing all the excessive chewing involved in salad consumption when my boss flung two fun sized kitkats at me.

It was a sign
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    There I was doing all the excessive chewing involved in salad consumption when my boss flung two fun sized kitkats at me.

It was a sign

Was the sign the throw them back at your boss?
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »

It was a sign

Was the sign the throw them back at your boss?

He looked so pleased with himself 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Home with some charcouterie eqc9al3uydc1.jpg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    That the list goes on and on. NOW I'm apparently at the beginning of having sleep apnea.

I can't take it seriously tho because I had to force 5 hours out of the 6 for the study and then just exercised with it on for the last hour because it wouldn't let me stop the recording.
  • Alinouveau2
    Options
    Spring?g70i9r8sge2e.jpg
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Losing extra lbs before getting pregnant.

And wondering if my future kid/s will ever come home with lice. Idk if I'm built for that.
  • honey_honey_12
    Options

And wondering if my future kid/s will ever come home with lice. Idk if I'm built for that.

If lice is the worst, you’ll be doing good! 😂
  • Alinouveau2
    Options

Don't keep their hair clean....I was told lice love clean hair. My kid's hair was always dirty cause I was exhausted from dealing with his hyperactivity...never had lice. Negligent mom for the win
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 473 Member
    Options

One of my worst icks about having children. Imagine having to sit there, picking bugs and EGGS out of their head... oh hell.

• honey_honey_12
    Options

One of my worst icks about having children. Imagine having to sit there, picking bugs and EGGS out of their head... oh hell.

When we lived in Brazil in 75’, my little brother came home from school with lice.
    It was quite the process.
    I believe mom had to put kerosene on his hair.
    No one else in the family got them, thank goodness.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,601 Member
    Options
    I decided I needed to keep an eye on my a1c because of the sucking at being prediabetic thing and my doctor is sticking with the yearly tests for now so I bought an at home testing kit.

The result was 5.4...down from 5.7 last Sept. I highly suspect it's off considering how off the rails I've been the past 3 months but still!