What book are you reading?

Options

Replies

• stomachflu
    stomachflu Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston. And I am reading Boyfriend Material by Alexis Hall. And loads of fanfic.
  • litha_
    litha_ Posts: 2,042 Member
    Options
    gVX1jj2.jpeg
  • LaetitiaLouise
    LaetitiaLouise Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    litha_ wrote: »
    gVX1jj2.jpeg

I love his work, it's so atmospheric.
  • CarbsAndCoffee41
    CarbsAndCoffee41 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    z37wda1gvjen.jpeg
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

I have this in my TBR list
  • Wolverine850
    Wolverine850 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Currently reading through Raymond E Feist again started with at the beginning with Magician, currently 15 books in and upto Krondor The Assassins

9t1mb18jku7c.png

• itchmyTwitch
    itchmyTwitch Posts: 3,810 Member
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

Strong bro vibes in that one. Didn’t resonate for me.
  • LilithReigns
    LilithReigns Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

darn, thanks for the heads up
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

I mean ymmv but yeah
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

I mean ymmv but yeah

Had to good ymmv lol -
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

I mean ymmv but yeah

Had to good ymmv lol -

Had to 😂❤️
  • cowsfan12
    Options
    pcul8jdn56ry.jpeg

I mean ymmv but yeah

Had to good ymmv lol -

Had to 😂❤️

Not much gets past me!
  • ElMeroKeeQue
    ElMeroKeeQue Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Killers of the flower moon
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    The Great Gatsby..a nice short novel. 115 pages 💕
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,326 Member
    Options
    Hunt For Jade Dragon... Book 4 in the Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans
  • rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Just started The Beautiful Cigar Girl by Daniel Stashower. I have read a few of his lately. Non-fiction, but they read like pretty good mysteries.
  • tuddy315
    tuddy315 Posts: 11,326 Member
    edited March 20
    Options
    Just finished book 5 Storm of Lightning and starting book 6 Fall of Hades by Richard Paul Evans.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    Immanuel Kant
    AN Answer to the Question: 'What Is Enlightenment?' (Penguin Great Ideas)

Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large part of mankind gladly remain minors all their lives, long after nature has freed them from external guidance. They are the reasons why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as guardians. It is so comfortable to be a minor. If I have a book that thinks for me, a pastor who acts as my conscience, a physician who prescribes my diet, and so on–then I have no need to exert myself. I have no need to think, if only I can pay; others will take care of that disagreeable business for me. Those guardians who have kindly taken supervision upon themselves see to it that the overwhelming majority of mankind–among them the entire fair sex–should consider the step to maturity, not only as hard, but as extremely dangerous. First, these guardians make their domestic cattle stupid and carefully prevent the docile creatures from taking a single step without the leading-strings to which they have fastened them. Then they show them the danger that would threaten them if they should try to walk by themselves. Now this danger is really not very great; after stumbling a few times they would, at last, learn to walk. However, examples of such failures intimidate and generally discourage all further attempts.
  • itchmyTwitch
    Options
    Immanuel Kant
    AN Answer to the Question: 'What Is Enlightenment?' (Penguin Great Ideas)

Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large part of mankind gladly remain minors all their lives, long after nature has freed them from external guidance. They are the reasons why it is so easy for others to set themselves up as guardians. It is so comfortable to be a minor. If I have a book that thinks for me, a pastor who acts as my conscience, a physician who prescribes my diet, and so on–then I have no need to exert myself. I have no need to think, if only I can pay; others will take care of that disagreeable business for me. Those guardians who have kindly taken supervision upon themselves see to it that the overwhelming majority of mankind–among them the entire fair sex–should consider the step to maturity, not only as hard, but as extremely dangerous. First, these guardians make their domestic cattle stupid and carefully prevent the docile creatures from taking a single step without the leading-strings to which they have fastened them. Then they show them the danger that would threaten them if they should try to walk by themselves. Now this danger is really not very great; after stumbling a few times they would, at last, learn to walk. However, examples of such failures intimidate and generally discourage all further attempts.
    I only read a little Kant once in school. His insistence that everyone has selfish motives for everything made me crazy 😂