Serial Starters

Options

Replies

• Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    Good evening,

TGIF - I have had an 8k goal to finish a company walking challenge and yes I feel it.

Tonight at the cabana club it is 70-80's all dance music. Not a sit at the bar kind of night.

Will get steps in tomorrow at stores. 5k is my weekend goal.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.
  • mkculs13
    mkculs13 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Sara, good for you to plan. I rarely think beyond the day for activities. Things cross my mind but I don’t make a plan—and of course then things don’t happen. I’m much better with food now—a plan each week (and often the same thing).

Enjoy these picks from my morning stroll.

• mkculs13
    Options
    3jsot3rxnabh.jpeg
    tur82w5aupni.jpeg
  • LanaCabana537
    LanaCabana537 Posts: 3,843 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    Hello everyone~

Just dashing through 🏃🏼‍♀️

Sara - that's a lot of steps with that challenge. Good for you. 🤗

Maureen - great photos 🙏🏻

BBL

Lana

267.2 today 👍🏻
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!

Hope everyone is well! Seems like I’m busier during the time between classes than during the actual class lol. Glad it’s almost spring and looking forward to more outside time.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Missy
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    A long week and a few nights of poor sleep—I’ve been waiting for bedtime since I got home.

Glad to see you are safely home, Lana.

I’m filling out my Medicare application this weekend. I’ll be 65 on Sunday. Still no plan to retire!

I get to try jogging tomorrow at 5 pm. Wish me luck.

I’m not close to 65 but I have a feeling I’ll be working until I’m 80 if I’m lucky.
  • gemwolf110
    edited March 17
    Options
    mtu22x9fc5s4.jpeg

• mkculs13
    Options
    HSPD to everyone. ☘️☘️☘️

I got out for another nice morning stroll with the pups.

My sons are taking me to an escape room—it’s what I wanted for my birthday. We will probably eat Indian food (my birthday/SPD tradition for some reason). I will also get a pedicure.

Weight is down noticeably but I still think it’s dehydration from Thursday and Friday.

Have a great day.
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    mkculs13 wrote: »
    HSPD to everyone. ☘️☘️☘️

I got out for another nice morning stroll with the pups.

My sons are taking me to an escape room—it’s what I wanted for my birthday. We will probably eat Indian food (my birthday/SPD tradition for some reason). I will also get a pedicure.

Weight is down noticeably but I still think it’s dehydration from Thursday and Friday.

Have a great day.

Sounds like a fun birthday! Looking forward to hear how it goes!
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    1831v6syafmv.jpeg
    *** March 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Belated Happy Birthday Maureen! I'll have to search what is an escape room! I hope that you had a wonderful day 🎉

Missy - Yes, you are busy getting things done - good for you!
    When is it that your classes start again?

Sara - I hope that you had a good weekend and that your Monday goes well. 🤗

I have to get more vegetables in the house. When I was on the cruise, I ate a whole plate of only veggies (some cooked) for every lunch, and I want to keep that going.

Waves to anyone who pops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

266.6 today
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    1831v6syafmv.jpeg
    *** March 18 ***

Good morning all~~

Belated Happy Birthday Maureen! I'll have to search what is an escape room! I hope that you had a wonderful day 🎉

Missy - Yes, you are busy getting things done - good for you!
    When is it that your classes start again?

Sara - I hope that you had a good weekend and that your Monday goes well. 🤗

I have to get more vegetables in the house. When I was on the cruise, I ate a whole plate of only veggies (some cooked) for every lunch, and I want to keep that going.

Waves to anyone who pops by later on 👋🏻

Lana

266.6 today

How was your cruise? And my class starts back up in May.
  • LanaCabana537
    edited March 18
    Options
    Oh, Missy

That is great that your studies are over a month away!

The cruise was great mostly because I had an absolutely wonderful time with my sister.

We are both in our late 60s, no husbands, no children. We are all we have for family really. It is so important to me that we spend time together. She lives somewhat near Sara on the left coast, and I am in North Carolina.

So the trip was great just to be able to spend two weeks with her. She is so special to me.

L,L
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 181 Member
    edited March 18
    Options
    Back at it again. Been here for few months now. Always open to new friends
  • gemwolf110
    Options
    Oh, Missy

That is great that your studies are over a month away!

The cruise was great mostly because I had an absolutely wonderful time with my sister.

We are both in our late 60s, no husbands, no children. We are all we have for family really. It is so important to me that we spend time together. She lives somewhat near Sara on the left coast, and I am in North Carolina.

So the trip was great just to be able to spend two weeks with her. She is so special to me.

L,L

That’s nice! My sister are younger versions only she’s getting married at the end of the year. They aren’t planning on having kids. And the way I’m going probably no kids either. Lucky if I can find a decent man that could be husband material lol 😂 but I’m happy being single as well. I’m back and forth with being content with being single forever to praying for Mr. Right.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    lzudehrn5b5r.jpeg
    *** March 19 ***

Good morning everyone~

Missy - I hear you on what you wrote. 💖

I need to get going and rustle up some breakfast....

Waves to all who stop by today 👋🏻

Lana

267.2 today
  • mkculs13
    Options
    Hey all. A busy few days. The Escape Room was a lot of fun-and we got in the mood by watching the movie "Escape Room" the night before.

Lana, my dinner is generally built around a bag of frozen broccoli, or cauliflower, or a combo. Sometimes I just have that; very filling. Yesterday I cooked a small potato with it. Mmmmm. I use salsa or salad dressing (low-cal) and might season some. I really need to increase my salt intake so I'm going to add salt more. I quit adding salt and butter to anything at 14. It'll be weird, at least at first, to add it back.

Very tired lately--allergy symptoms despite my prescription medication. Maybe need a higher dose.

Have a great day, all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    adsuuzzzmu7e.jpeg
    *** March 20 ***

Good morning peeps!

Maureen - how do you know that you need to increase your salt intake? Just curious, as I'm forever trying to reduce mine!

I've got lots to do today. Not looking forward to the steeplechase.

*waving at Rodolpho for more black coffee 🌴*

Lana

266.2 today
  • Tilliesmommy1
    Tilliesmommy1 Posts: 5,331 Member
    Options
    good evening,

life took a left turn the last couple of days, so I apologize,

Vegetables - quiche/soup/stir fry. You can and will make it happen.

went to wrong place for dr apt on Monday and how I didnt strangle the snotty woman behind the counter who rolled her eyes at me twice is a serious test of patience on my behalf.

walking tour of Europe is over - I was doing 8k a day. I need to keep the steps up so we shall see. we did finish before the time was up which is a nice pat on the back.

came home got my 6k ( I will keep my goal between 6 and 7k), took nice long shower and will stream a show and read a book.

Missy -enjoy your days off, school will be here soon. I hear you about finding Mr Right. Seems harder to find than money,so I
    I am making a list of money I have saved-at least I can do that.

Wishing all a good night. Stay safe and sane out there.

• mkculs13
    Options
    Sara, sounds like you did a good job with the walking. I hope other issues resolve quickly and no wrong turns/unexpected directions ahead.

Lana, I had low sodium on my last blood test. I have always had issues with cramping b/c I sweat profusely and always have. The cramping in the past 5 years or so has gotten worse. It used to be my feet or my calves--now my shins cramp, and large leg muscles front and back. I never understood why people couldn't swim with leg cramps, I was so used to living with the cramps in my feet and calves. Bigger muscles are a much bigger issue. So I'm hoping that by adding some salt to my diet my sodium will increase and the cramping will decrease. I drink a lot of water and maybe it's too much, but I feel so much better to be really well hydrated so I'll try adding salt before I limit my water intake.

I'm 6 teaching days out from Spring Break. Looking forward to it.

Cheers, all.
  • LanaCabana537
    Options
    y26gsjra8bro.jpeg
    *** March 21 ***

Good evening all~~

Sara - good for you on your steps!

Maureen - very interesting about your sodium!!

I am getting sleepy - almost time for bed!

Lana

266.4 today