(Closed Group) Confidence for Christmas Challenge!

Options

Replies

• jllipson
    Options
    WEEK SIX - CHANI

Challenge Starting Weight: 286

Current Weight: 277.8

Weight Last Week: (not sure, i was on vacation)...but when i weighed in Sunday, i was 283.6 lbs

Difference: - 6.2

Christmas Goal Weight: 260

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 17.8

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: i was on my honeymoon last week, so i didn't really "exercise". we did do lots of active things though, so i'll say about 4 hours (240 minutes)

Highes of last week: being on my honeymoon! haha

Lows of last week: ate lots of meat in Mexico - difficult to find veggie meals. also, lots of booze. and now i'm sicker than a dog :(

How to Improve (the lows): being back in the US is easier - i have more access to foods i like and we, in general; don't keep alcohol in the house. so, basically, removing temptations!

Tips or Tricks: N/A
    Congratulations on your marriage and honeymoon!

... and of course your weight loss!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    So so sorry this is late, this has been a crazy week with (5 research papers in 8 hours)

Week 6: Sheila

Challenge starting weight: 322

Last weeks weight: 315.2

Current weight: 314

Difference: -1.4

Highs of last week: Started to realize that I MUST PUSH MYSELF even when I am tired. Sit into 2X shirts nicely!!

Lows of last week: Didn't get in enough water

How to improve the lows: Make myself drink water

Christmas goal weight: Out of the 3's....let's start there!!! (The sky is the limit!!!)

Goals for this week: spend more time with my jump rope, find some tasty water that will make me want to drink more water.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Question for everyone - what have you not been doing that you need to do in order to reach your Christmas goal

For me, I need to limit the sweets to one per day. I've gotten waaay out of the "anything in moderation" category. I'm doing well on eating otherwise, drinking water, and exercising, but the desserts are out of control!
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Week 6 - Emily

Challenge Starting Weight: 219.9
    Current Weight: 209.9
    Difference from last week:1.3
    Total lost during challenge: 10
    Christmas Goal Weight: 194
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 2,255 minutes (spent a week doing construction)
    Highs of last week: spending a week in Mississippi doing Katrina work - loved spending time with my teammates and the homeowners and burning alot of calories in the meantime!
    Lows of last week: didn't do so well with the desserts and really got off track
    How to Improve (the lows): allow one dessert per day until I can get it back under control
  • hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Week 7 ?: Heather

Challenge Starting Weight: 200

Current Weight: ? 193.4

Difference: -6.6

Christmas Goal Weight: 169

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 30 x 4

Highs of last week: Completed day 10 of 30 DS . Reached my second mini goal of 193lbs (-20 to date)

Lows of last week: Busy schedule has not allowed for as much exercise and I've made some poor food choices.

How to Improve (the lows): Stop eating crap and workout more!

Tips or Tricks: VEGGIES! VEGGIES! VEGGIES! WATER! WATER! WATER!

Ultimate Goal: To wear a size 8 Current size: 16
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Week 7 Nat

Challenge Starting Weight: 149

Current Weight: 150 I caved. I couldn't not weigh anymore. However I have been doing 30 day shred and I do feel my muscles becoming more defined and toned. sooooo hoping that I am building muscle.

Difference: +1

Christmas Goal Weight: 135

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 100

Highs of last week: Went for a 4 mile run.

Lows of last week: Went home for the weekend and my mom made too much delicious food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! didn't exercise as much as I should have

How to Improve (the lows): Never go home? haha kidding -- I need to at LEAST get in a walk or a 30 minute workout video everyday. Seriously there is NO REASON that I can't do this!

Tips or Tricks: Believe in yourself. BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ultimate Goal: SIze six jeans size six jeans size 6 jeans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Week 7: Emma

Challenge Starting Weight: 150
    Current Weight: 144.8
    Difference-0.8
    Christmas Goal Weight: 140
    Aprox Minutes of Exercise: 552
    Highes of last week:doing the bike leg of a triathlon
    Lows of last week: I am losing motivation and I need to shake myself out of it! I feel like I am not losing any more
    How to Improve (the lows): get off my big lazy *kitten* and find a way to break this streak
    Tips or Tricks: make a mini goals you can attain while working for an overall big goal I need another goal!!
    Ultimate Goal: My BIG goal is to get in shape and feel good about myself
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WEEK SEVEN: Ashley

CHALLENGE STARTING WEIGHT: 204
    LAST WEEKS WEIGHT: 194
    CURRENT WEIGHT: 193
    DIFFERENCE: -11 (overall)
    CHRISTMAS GOAL WEIGHT: 150
    CURRENT SIZE: 14
    GOAL: 7-9
    APROX MINUTES OF WEEKLY EXERCISE: 100
    HIGHS OF LAST WEEK: Not really too sure if i had any. I am feeling kinda bummed today for some reason and am finding it hard to look at things positively. I know it will pass, but i really dont think i had any highs last week. :sad:
    LOWS OF LAST WEEK: Wasnt able to stick to 30DS the way i planned. i think i started it too soon after my surgery and i pulled something cause now everytime i do it, my whole left side just hurts real bad and its really making it hard to keep with it. also, this past weekend was just yucky. WAY too many sweets and not nearly enough exercise.
    HOW TO IMPROVE (THE LOWS): Get out of this funk that I seem to be stuck in the past few days. Remind myself that this is a long journey and if i stop now i will never reach the end.

I am thinking of ammending my 'Christmas goal weight'. Looking at how much slower my progress has been lately and checking over the numbers, i do not think my current goal is do-able. I just need to decide what is logical and what i can obtain in that amount of time. i feel bad about changing my goal but i dont want to get to christmas and feel dissappointed with myself for not reaching my original goal. what do you guys think about me changing my christmas goal?
  • emmabeckemeyer1
    emmabeckemeyer1 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I think changing your Christmas goal is a good idea. Like you said you don't want to get to Christmas and be disappointed in yourself!
    I think it should still be a challenge...how about being 170 by Christmas?
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think changing your Christmas goal is a good idea. Like you said you don't want to get to Christmas and be disappointed in yourself!

Yes, I think that it is ok to change it up a bit! I think that 170 would be perfect!!!! :) it is only 12 weeks until Christmas so I think it would be attainable at about 2lbs per week.

You can do it!!!! We believe in you!!!!!

And PS if you are hurting doing the shred, i think it is better to take more time off so you don't hurt yourself. I know you want to continue and do it every day, but if you have pulled a muscle or something you will just make the injury worse. Listen to your body and take a rest from it if you need to. It is still a good workout even if you only get it in a few times a week! :)
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Week 7: Sheila

Challenge starting weight: 322

Last weeks weight: 314.0

Current weight: 312.8

Difference: -9.2

Highs of last week: Added extra blocks to my walk and did it in the same amount of time as I was doing the shorter walks!!!
    I am making great choices in meal selection. I am actually starting to see a slimmer waste line...woooo hooo!!!!

Lows: None this week....things are looking really good.

I am not setting a goal as far as weight goes but I am excited about seeing how many sizes I can drop by Christmas.
  • FitMama2013
    Options
    Ashley - I agreed with Nat and Emma. No reason to feel badly - readjusting now will help motivate you to make your new goal. You should be so proud of your progress so far and I know you will stay on track! Just take care of your body with the injury :)
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Week 7

Challenge Starting Weight: 220

Current Weight: 205

Difference: - 15.0

Christmas Goal Weight: 185

Current Size: 18

Goal Size: 10/12

Aprox Minutes of Weekly Exercise: 360

Highs of last week:

Lows of last week: Dr.'s orders - no more high impact exercise and no weight loss this week! :sad:

How to Improve (the lows): Add 15 more minutes daily to my low impact exercise.

Tricks:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    WEEK SEVEN - CHANI

Challenge Starting Weight: 286

Current Weight: 278.2

Weight Last Week: 277.8

Difference: +.4

Christmas Goal Weight: 260

Pounds to go until my Christmas Goal Weight: 18.2

Aprox Minutes of Exercise: NONE. i have been sick as a dog for over a week now. and not sinus-y sick, but "oh my god i can't be more than 5 feet away from a bathroom" sick. definitely don't want to be moving any more than i need to be at this point.

Highes of last week: none, really :(

Lows of last week: being sick (turns out i brought back an intestinal parasite from Mexico...the gift that keeps on giving) and my cat died on Friday (i had her for 12 years). didn't exercise.

How to Improve (the lows): it's all out of my hands, really. i'm dong the best i can to stay healthy while not eating too much crap, but all my body can handle right now are carbs.

Tips or Tricks: N/A
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    also, until i feel better, the doctor said no high fat foods, no dairy, no caffeine...so that basically leaves me carbs as i generally don't eat meat at all. i had chicken tonight and i thought i was going to die, so my body also doesn't even want meat at this point. i have been eating a lot of applesauce...sigh.
  • jllipson
    jllipson Posts: 646
    Options
    WEEK 7: Jennifer

Challenge Starting Weight: 218.0
    Current Weight: 205
    Difference: -13
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175
    Approx Minutes of Exercise: 600 minutes.
    Highs of last week: No money = less eating out = feel better and better loss!
    Lows of last week: I did not get my minimum daily walks in, so I've been crazy making them up today - over 2 hours brisk pace walking!
    How to Improve (the lows): Get my butt moving EVERY DAY! I've done it and know I can do it, I just need to do it better!!!
    Tips or Tricks: water, water, water! and being broke = better loss :wink:
  • Sweetpeagrl
    Sweetpeagrl Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Yes, I think that it is ok to change it up a bit! I think that 170 would be perfect!!!! :) it is only 12 weeks until Christmas so I think it would be attainable at about 2lbs per week.

You can do it!!!! We believe in you!!!!!

And PS if you are hurting doing the shred, i think it is better to take more time off so you don't hurt yourself. I know you want to continue and do it every day, but if you have pulled a muscle or something you will just make the injury worse. Listen to your body and take a rest from it if you need to. It is still a good workout even if you only get it in a few times a week! :)
    emswanson:
    Ashley - I agreed with Nat and Emma. No reason to feel badly - readjusting now will help motivate you to make your new goal. You should be so proud of your progress so far and I know you will stay on track! Just take care of your body with the injury :)

Thanks guys. :heart: I feel better about modifying my goal now. I think 170 would be a good goal to have and I do think that is obtainable if i continue to work hard!! :happy:

I am going to try starting back up with the Shred slowly. Maybe 2-3 nights a week and make sure I dont push myself too hard. Maybe do some modified versions where necessary. Just until I feel that my body is really ready to push itself harder.

I hope everyone is having a great week so far and you are making good choices!! Everyone is doing so well and I am so happy to be a part of this group. I will be happy when christmas is here and we have all gotten closer to our goals together, but will be a little sad that our challenge will be over. :cry:

:flowerforyou: You guys all ROCK! :flowerforyou:
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Week 7 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 226.4 (I'm finally back to my starting weight)
    Difference: -3
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175 (hoping I can get as close to this number as possible)
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 300 minutes
    Highs of last week.. controlled eating and started reading Beck Diet Solution
    Lows of last week: NONE
    How to improve: Continue to work it out....I feel good.
  • lookpretty
    lookpretty Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Sorry I havent been posting, the challenge is still on my mind thourhg andl ost about 10 lbs this month and plan to be down 10 this coming month and continue in that trend to be at 120ish by the end of the year.
  • xjlishey1
    xjlishey1 Posts: 286
    Options
    Week 8 - Jlishey

Challenge starting weight: 226
    Current Weight: 225.4
    Difference: -.6
    Christmas Goal Weight: 175 (I am going to have to change this number)
    Aprox. minutes of Exercise: 300 minutes
    Highs of last week.. loss again last week
    Lows of last week: didn't read a lot last week
    How to improve: Continue to work it out....make better food choices.