LESS Alcohol ~ MARCH 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Options

Replies

• NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    xbowhunter wrote: »
    Happy hump day my LA friends! :) I'm gaining on the alcohol infused days, somebody stop me! lol

10 AF
    16 A

In my best Willy Wonka impression, “stop… don’t.” 😉
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Ok, so there are 5 days left in March. I'm giving myself a little mini challenge to finish March out strong and go AF for these next 5 days. Feel free to join me if you'd like, I'd love the company :)

@SparkSpringtime69 count me in!
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Ok, so there are 5 days left in March. I'm giving myself a little mini challenge to finish March out strong and go AF for these next 5 days. Feel free to join me if you'd like, I'd love the company :)

I'll do my best to join you. It's easter weekend and the peer pressure will be heavy to drink but I feel I can do this! :)
  • Stepawayfromthetable
    Stepawayfromthetable Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    No drinks or smokes since the slip up on the 16th.
    I don't feel like going back to the drinking every weekend life but i also feel like my husband haven't done anything to put us in the position to want to such as going out to a restaurant or nice enough weather to sit around the fire pit. I can't live in the house at all times so i have been looking into these "relaxing non alcoholic" drinks that are all over facebook and other sites. Has anyone tried anything like that? what was it like for you?

Working out and spending time finding and making new recipes have helped keep me busy. Plus track and baseball have started for the kids so always running around for that keeps ya out of trouble.
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Another AF day logged for the books as we head into the last weekend of March. Did quite a bit of spring cleaning in the house and backyard this week. My husbands DD and family of four and dog are arriving on Friday and staying here. I decided to keep menus simple for this holiday weekend for my own sanity. We picked up some nice Easter desserts and breakfast items at Costco as go to’s for a small crowd and will do a favorite pizza place on Friday. My DSIL drinks only vodka and lime and we have some left over from Christmas. I decided when I started LA over a year ago I won’t be buying other people alcohol anymore. Why do people have full bars in their homes anyway and then let people drive — we used to but no more. Will aim for AF days until Sunday - want the reset before April is here!

Actual:
    AF - 8
    A - 8
    LA - 11 - low alcohol % or under limit
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,052 Member
    edited March 27
    Options
    Hi, LA friends.

I have not been a good LA companion this month. Nor have I been good at accountability. Kudos to all you who have! I've caught up with all your posts and can identify with a lot that is going on in the group. I have been really checked out -- first 3 weeks out of state and last week absolutely submerged in estate tasks for my late friend. It's a bit overwhelming, but there is light in the tunnel. I hope it's not premature to express that. It has been psychologically and emotionally exhausting. I am so not ready for Easter, and I took on no Lenten disciplines at all. Just hard to get focused on it.

I'm drinking >2 just about every night on weekends. The only time I've had 0/1 on Sunday is when I didn't have any left over. :D I'm not even making an effort or a plan to stop at 2. [ETA: And when I do have 0/1, I am perfectly content with that. But I think my contentedness is rooted in Saturday guilt.] It's almost a relief when Monday rolls around to get the devil off my shoulder. Now what should that be telling me?
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Hey all!
    No drinks or smokes since the slip up on the 16th.
    I don't feel like going back to the drinking every weekend life but i also feel like my husband haven't done anything to put us in the position to want to such as going out to a restaurant or nice enough weather to sit around the fire pit. I can't live in the house at all times so i have been looking into these "relaxing non alcoholic" drinks that are all over facebook and other sites. Has anyone tried anything like that? what was it like for you?

Working out and spending time finding and making new recipes have helped keep me busy. Plus track and baseball have started for the kids so always running around for that keeps ya out of trouble.

I like one called Nightcap by Three Spirits. Also there's a good one called Aurora.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron and @xbowhunter glad to have the company (forgot it was Easter weekend - I guess that makes it a bit more challenging, but that just means the reward is even greater :) ).
    @Stepawayfromthetable I've never tried those AF drinks, just AF beer. I usually just sip on various herbal teas at night if I'm not wine-ing it up.
    @ahoy_m8 glad to see you back.
    @Michieb125 I've just started my spring cleaning too. Your Easter sounds like fun.