Options
18910111214»

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    28 - AF
    2 - LA
    Planned a single beer tonight out celebrating with family this weekend - feels great to enjoy one drink and have no desire for more!
  • NonnieDoiron
    NonnieDoiron Posts: 90 Member
    edited March 31
    Options
    AF - 20
    A - 10

We are having lots of family over today. I usually drink wine when so many are over, but I just fasted for 2 days. I have no idea how my body would react to alcohol right now. So between that and being 1 day away from finishing strong on the 5-day challenge to finish up March AF, I will probably avoid the wine today. 😁

Happy Easter LA friends! ✝️⛪️ Jesus Christ has arisen today! Alleluia, Alleluia!
  • lmlmrn
    lmlmrn Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Happy Easter to everyone!
    No big thing today for us, after church I am going to roast a roast LOL then do some light work around the house. It is foggy and not a great day to be outdoors.
    Anyway just want to check in on my LA friends.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 ...Your "lousy Food Lion " has done you a gigantic favor by denying you AF wine. I'm not a beer drinker by choice, but the AF beer choices far outshine the nasty [IMHO] AF wines. Kim Crawford LA wine seems to be quite drinkable. Good for you on keeping your A days to a minimum. 👍👍

Didn't even have AF beer last night. Forgot, and had tea from my peppermint garden instead.
    Silly me figured that since everyone has different taste, I'd pick up a few AF wines anyway and give them a try.
    Boy were you right - the red I got didn't just taste like grape juice, but watered down juice at that.
    I did get a sparkling white that wasn't too bad, although a bit sweet for something labeled brut. I also bought a Sauvignon Blanc, but haven't tried that yet, probably tonight.
    The AF beer is definitely a better tasting product.

March 11th=Day 1 for me
    3/11: AF
    3/12: AF
    3/13: AF
    3/14: AF
    3/15: W
    3/16: AF
    3/17: W
    3/18: W
    3/19: AF
    3/20: W
    3/21: AF
    3/22: AF
    3/23: AF
    3/24: W
    3/25: W
    3/26: AF
    3/27: AF
    3/28: AF
    3/29: AF
    3/30: AF
    3/31:
  • forestdweller1
    forestdweller1 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 ...One more day for you to complete an awesome month !!

Got a couple cases of Sparklng ICE for April...less $$ than AF beer...and definitely easier on the body than Chianti.
  • xbowhunter
    xbowhunter Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    Thats a wrap for March. See y'all in the April less alcohol thread! :)

10 AF
    20 A
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    March is history! I'm finding my alcohol tolerance is waning as I'm working to reduce my consumption.

Last night was a case in point. I split wood for a couple of hours, came in and drank a huge electrolyte drink (plus creatine), then had a strong (8%ABV) 16oz IPA with dinner. I really enjoyed the beer and felt great, but the second I turned the light out (hours later) I got a sharp pang of heartburn. I took a couple of Pepto tabs and then slept OK.

Geeze: can't a fella have a beer every now and again after a hard days work!?

Final scorecard for March:
    A: 8 (most achieved < 2 servings)
    AF: 23

See y'all on the new thread. Is Miss May getting tired of setting these up yet?
  • Michieb125
    Michieb125 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    @NonnieDoiron - your stats for March are where I want to be in April, great job!!!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 703 Member
    edited April 1
    Options
    March 11th=Day 1 for me
    3/11: AF
    3/12: AF
    3/13: AF
    3/14: AF
    3/15: W
    3/16: AF
    3/17: W
    3/18: W
    3/19: AF
    3/20: W
    3/21: AF
    3/22: AF
    3/23: AF
    3/24: W
    3/25: W
    3/26: AF
    3/27: AF
    3/28: AF
    3/29: AF *
    3/30: AF
    3/31: AF

* So I went to Total Wine to pick up some AF wines to try out (BTW - yuck). Anyway, I stopped at the tasting table and was tempted to taste test. Normally, I would try all six, but I decided to just pick one (the sparkling wine). I guess technically I wasn't totally AF for that day, but since it was literally about 1tablespoon of wine, I've listed it as an AF day. If I shouldn't do that, please let me know for future reference, thanks. See you in April!
  • I_am_motivated
    I_am_motivated Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    March was completely AF, but I did drink N/A beer throughout. That's a big win for me tho. February 4 was the last day I imbibed so 58 days no alcohol as of today.
    I sleep so much better, but know I can sleep even better since I am cutting out sugar/processed stuff this month. I'm also giving up the N/A beer too.
    I did make it to the gym even tho I feel like I'm getting sick. Won't be too hard to keep away from sugar today. My energy level tanked and I have laryngitis. Not sure what that's all about. No head cold yet, but fear that is coming since my hubby is at the end of his cold.
    Wishing everybody much success this month and hope you enjoy spring!!!

"A day without laughter is a day wasted."
  • zensome
    zensome Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Final numbers for March: 16 AF, 15 A. Not great. Will do better for April.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    edited April 4
    Options
    Just logged back onto MPF because my weight has started creeping up again.

I gained/lost 40# twice in the past 12 years due to drinking/eliminated alcohol from my diet. I attribute the recent gain almost entirely to my daily alcohol consumption which has also crept up.

So, I just decided to just stop drinking to lose the weight. Only drinking coffee, tea & water now.

I was drinking about 4-5 glasses of wine/shots of liquor per day. So, going dry yields an immediate reduction in my daily cal intake of about 500-600 cals/day.

My goal is to lose 15# in about 12-15 wks based on a daily cal intake (sans booze) of 1800-2000 cals/day, which for this 73 yr old male seems to be a reasonable goal based on the various weight loss calculators that I've consulted.

We'll see . . .

PS: Been dry for 3 days now and have already lost 2.7# from 174.5 to 171.8 but I don't expect this rate of decline to be sustainable. It should taper off shortly.
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options
    March is history! I'm finding my alcohol tolerance is waning as I'm working to reduce my consumption.

Last night was a case in point. I split wood for a couple of hours, came in and drank a huge electrolyte drink (plus creatine), then had a strong (8%ABV) 16oz IPA with dinner. I really enjoyed the beer and felt great, but the second I turned the light out (hours later) I got a sharp pang of heartburn. I took a couple of Pepto tabs and then slept OK.

Geeze: can't a fella have a beer every now and again after a hard days work!?

Final scorecard for March:
    A: 8 (most achieved < 2 servings)
    AF: 23

See y'all on the new thread. Is Miss May getting tired of setting these up yet?

quote=Jthanmyfitnesspal - Is Miss May getting tired of setting these up yet?
    Absolutely not, these threads are my contribution for those like myself to have a common place to get support and know we are not alone. 😊