Dumbest things you ever believed

Options

Replies

• toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    That when I grew up, I'd turn into a boy (I was always surrounded by boys...my brothers, all my cousins, all the kids on my block...).
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought cats were girls & dogs were boys...:laugh: :laugh:

This is true though! That's why there's p.ussy cats and weiner dogs!

Hahaha Exactly! I thought the same ting too when I was little.
  • Triathlynne
    Options
    In football (Soccer) I used to think that being offside meant when the person disappeared from the TV screen. lolol:laugh:
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    While I was growing up in a military family, I thought everyone had free healthcare, prescriptions. Because why wouldn't you if you were sick?
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    That a baby came out of a belly button.....
  • Nevertolate1
    Options
    That a baby came out of a belly button.....
  • Deathwithab
    Deathwithab Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    that becuase my name is elizabeth if the queen died i could become the next queen

that rock slide signs were pictures of a bear paw warning people to not get out of the car

that i could lick my elbow ....
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My mom did such a poor job explaining the facts of life to me, that when she was done, I thought that the sperm "swam" across the sheets from the man into the woman, and that was why girls got pregnant if they "went to bed" with or "slept with" a guy.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    When I was little I thought cats were girls & dogs were boys...:laugh: :laugh:

My parents still seem to think that, They refer to all cats as "she" and all dogs as "he". Drives me crazy because both my cats are male and the 3 dogs they have are female.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    That CAMPING WORLD was an actual place to go to for indoor camping.

That the government would never lie to us.

My dad told me farting was a language and everytime he does it, we should try to listen to what's being conveyed.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    I was born in Tacoma

and I've always been a bit of a nut.

So I thought that I had dropped from space, into the space needle, and then into my mothers stomach.

Yep. Thought this for years.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    That cotton candy dissolved overnight.

(Went to a carnival when I was 6 and got cotton candy, didn't eat it all. Left it on the kitchen counter and in the morning it was just an empty bag. My sibs told me it dissolves. I believed that well into my late 20s.)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    While I was growing up in a military family, I thought everyone had free healthcare, prescriptions. Because why wouldn't you if you were sick?

I had a very similar problem growing up. My dad is a pastor and we lived in the church parsonage. AKA, we didn't have to pay bills/taxes any of that because my dad's salary is based with that money already removed, I had no idea that people had to pay rent/mortgage/electric/water bills until I was in middle school...
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I thought the singer of all the Bruce Springsteen songs was Don Johnson (from Miami Vice).
  • Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I thought dogs were the boys and cats were the girls.

I thought that football players walked around with their shoulders hunched up.

I thought that the "No Littering, $100 Fine" signs on the side of the road meant that you weren't allowed to litter, but if you wanted to throw a 100 dollar bill out the window, that would be okay, and workers wouldn't mind having to clean that up.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    When I was little, I thought you had babies out of your butt. LOL
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    That doing a certain thing would make you go blind. eeek.gif

Thankfully it only gives you bad eyesight and needing glasses. :embarassed:
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I thought that if I looked hard enough in our garden I could find Thumbelina and bring her inside my house to live in my Barbie's camper.
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    That doing a certain thing would make you go blind. eeek.gif

Thankfully it only gives you bad eyesight and needing glasses. :embarassed:

Some things are worth wearing glasses.
  • Biglovelovesme
    Biglovelovesme Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    "When I was little, I thought you had babies out of your butt. LOL "

Ha Ha ha!! My older sister told me this was true!!!