WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2024

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Tracey - I am so familiar with that kind of anger, and it keeps me awake at night. :# I sometimes get into a hyper-critical state over John, or someone else. It is corrosive to ones wellbeing. I find one small action can help, like scheduling a drink together outside the house where it's easier to talk. For your daughter, it's just hard. Especially when it affects the kids. I wonder what's underneath it all. No solutions, only commiserations. Your grandchildren are just wonderful. <3 What's their take on it?

I didn't go up to the doctors today. I think my proactivity had hit the buffers. Tomorrow I will get myself there.
    No results yet from my emails.

Had a Zoom today with my schoolfriends. Frustrating conversation, because we were talking about ADHD, and I know that G has it. I went all round the subject, but couldn't say so. I'm seeing her on Thursday, so, who knows. . . . I can't believe she hasn't realised it! :# She is textbook. She puts it down to her mental illness. I don't think diagnosing people left, right, and centre is helpful, but many have found profound relief.And a community.

Had delicious roasted root vegetables for dinner, with chilli, and green beans. Crême fraiche.

All good.

LoveHeatherUKxxxxxxxx.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    My Siri is a head butter to my head when she feels like it..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,090 Member
    Options
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Hello, my chickens... from the gray and gloomy River Valley of Arkansas, and the seriously clingy kitty who keeps making me retype my words when she headbutts my arm because I'm NOT PETTING HER ENOUGH. I can practically hear her yelling the thoughts... 🐈‍⬛😼Poor baby.

She doesn't like it when it's chilly and rainy, as her favorite all-time spot outside is the concrete pavers, which soak up the sun and provide the best backscratching ever.

Anyway... I stopped in earlier and read last night's posts, but I knew I wouldn't get my yoga done if I started talking to y'all, so I got the dishes going and got yoga+ done before I sat down to the laptop again. I added toe point lifts to get the back of my thighs well stretched, and a few reps to some of them. I'll be moving up to the higher-resistance bands by next week for the band work. I'm at the 30-minute mark now.
    lms5dvjs1aoa.png

Re: Expressions of feeling (it got a little long, so I spoilered it):
    I'm not sure I ever have a feeling anymore that I don't express to SOMEbody. I don't necessarily believe that is a virtue, or even necessarily enjoyable for everyone else to deal with coming from me.

I grew up with an abuser and dealt with holding that unexpressed for decades, and then lived through silent neglect, emotional disapproval, secrets and avoidance for another 27 years. I decided once I left that marriage I was done hiding ANYthing, whether it's how I feel, what I'm thinking, or anything else. So I don't.

I'm not saying full disclosure is the right way, the best way, or the healthiest way to be. To me, if it makes people feel better not to express their emotions, they shouldn't be made to feel bad about doing so. But if I'm curious about Corey's emotions, I ask him. He will often answer me, but when he doesn't, I don't push. However, he rarely offers them up without being questioned.

He never has a problem knowing where I stand, however. About anything. You would have to ask him if he's happy with that - I'm figuring since he's stuck around for 15 years, he's pretty much OK with it... :smiley:

Regarding people touching me: You've probably noticed I don't like it. It's fast approaching the phobia level with all the medical stuff, but luckily doctors try not to touch people anymore if they can help it. :smiley: My hair's naturally curly, one of the reasons I keep it quite short now, and people used to touch it all the time, particularly when I was young. They don't do that anymore. "Ew" is a huge underestimate of how I feel when a stranger touches me.

Rita - The medications have been, barring one or two symptoms, much worse than the issues they're supposed to be resolving. I landed in the ER twice, strictly because of a medication that I shouldn't have been given. You have my complete sympathy, and I'm so pleased you found out what was causing those horrible panic attacks.

Pip - Membership in the families we're born into seems to make some folks feel they have permission to be absolute goobers to us and each other. You're right, you can't make this stuff up, you just have to laugh and tell 'em to take a long walk off a short pier.

Read everyone's, as always, but kept only a few at top of mind. Just got my confirmation call, nothing after midnight tonight, have to be at the hospital at 6 a.m., so I'll have to take my morning meds and coffee with me to have after. Should be a doddle, right? Right.

And... I've rattled enough. Welcome to anyone who's new - jump into any conversation that interests you.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

I like that, never heard of it, “ tell 'em to take a long walk off a short pier” lmao
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,539 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 8min 28sec, 40elev, 3.02ap, 83ahr, 113mhr, 6.52mi= 684c
    Strava app = 799c
    Zwift home spin bike- strava stats- 18.54min, 148elev, 143aw, 53arpm, 20.9amph, gear40, 114ahr, 141mhr, 6.59mi= 137c
    Strava app= 155c
    Zwift stats- 18.55min, 148elev, 143aw, 52arpm, 20.93amph, 6.60mi= 155c

Total cal 821
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited April 2
    Options
    Tracey - When I started my first company, we did a number of all-nighters finishing up technical writing contracts. One of them, I was so tired I ended up crying behind the wheel of my car because I couldn't remember my way home. I played "Walking on Broken Glass," by the Eurythmics at high volume until I was awake enough to remember, and then all the way home with the windows open at 30 degrees so I could stay awake. Every time I was struggling in college, I'd put that on at high volume. When I met and fell in love with Corey, it was "Bleeding Love," by Leona Lewis, and every time he walked in the house, it was "Fried Chicken" by the Zac Brown Band.

I had to look up The Ballad of Lucy Jordan, but I knew the rest...

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    I’ll have to look those songs up, except Chicken Fried. I know that one.

I listened to them, you’ve introduced me to new artists :)

Tracey
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    <3
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,737 Member
    Options
    Kim - I’ll check that out. Thank you for the suggestion.

Tracey
  • ATnowornever
    ATnowornever Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    🦋